[science] Interesting new potential energy source, protein based "water vapor"

EyeZ

Veteran X
[science] Interesting new potential energy source, protein based "water vapor"

Making Electricity Out of Thin Air: New Device Offers Clean Energy 24/7

"We are literally making electricity out of thin air," said in a statement, Yao. "The Air-gen generates clean energy 24/7."

The novel device uses a natural protein to create electricity from moisture in the air. The technology is renewable, non-polluting and low-cost.

Unlike other forms of renewable energy such as wind and solar, this new tech does not require sunlight or wind. All it needs is a thin film of protein nanowires.

The current Air-gen devices can already power small electronics. Now, the researchers are seeking to bring their innovation to commercial scale.

"The ultimate goal is to make large-scale systems. For example, the technology might be incorporated into wall paint that could help power your home. Or, we may develop stand-alone air-powered generators that supply electricity off the grid. Once we get to an industrial scale for wire production, I fully expect that we can make large systems that will make a major contribution to sustainable energy production," said Yao.

Countdown until the all the big banks that have money in oil kill these people...

coronavirus

vqRj4r5.png

They told me 10 years ago i would be able to paint my house with "Solar Paint" ...

Please build another Nuke reactor for my power...

Sounds similar to:

[Crazy ****ers did it]Scientists have turned humidity into power by Odio - TribalWar Forums

So it's just a dehumidifier like silica gel, but you can plug some anodes into it to generate a tiny (useless) amount of power? Then they try to spin it as an air-conditioner? lol

Solar-driven electrolytic water splitting is a promising means of storing renewable electricity, but the kinetic limitations of the anodic oxygen evolution reaction (OER) have impeded the deployment of electrolyzers that produce hydrogen fuels derived from water.

Get

Sounds like another desperate attempt at digging for funding/grants lol.

EDIT: Looks like this isn't his first rodeo.

UMass Amherst Engineer Jun Yao Receives NSF CAREER Grant to Develop Nanoscale Sensors to Measure Mechanical and Electrical Properties in Cells | Office of News & Media Relations | UMass Amherst

Jun Yao, assistant professor of electrical and computer engineering at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, has received a five-year, $500,000 grant from the National Science Foundation to develop nanoscale sensors that can measure both the mechanical and electrical properties of a cell at the same time. The grant is from NSF’s Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) program.

So this "Assistant Professor" is going to lead two giant research projects at the same time (on top of his existing professor duties)? :Hmm:

Last edited:
Sounds similar to:

[Crazy ****ers did it]Scientists have turned humidity into power by Odio - TribalWar Forums

Sounds like another desperate attempt at digging for funding/grants lol.

EDIT: Looks like this isn't his first rodeo.

UMass Amherst Engineer Jun Yao Receives NSF CAREER Grant to Develop Nanoscale Sensors to Measure Mechanical and Electrical Properties in Cells | Office of News & Media Relations | UMass Amherst

So this "Assistant Professor" is going to lead two giant research projects at the same time (on top of his existing professor duties)? :Hmm:

This is what I call "Professional Students" do. They get Doctor-it degree in whatever then work Gov. grants as an Assistant Professor, waiting for "that job" or become a Professor and never leave.

My brother did this and is doing very well for himself. He got "the job" working at a mostly Gov. funded research facility. Found a niche and now is a Consultant (ironic) :lol:

Last edited:
Back