what are you buying for black friday?

The difference in the "cheaper" Costco and other models is a couple of things that matter to some cooks and people but not all people. The Costco one you're referencing has a bigger blade than the 3300 and nicer lines which means you can't blend stuff quite as well and you need more stuff in the blender to get a good vortex going. Like in the 3300 you could put a couple of ounces of stuff and blend it where as in the Costco one you'd need double, if not more. The pitchers are also smaller which may or may not matter.

Personally, I love making healthy shakes with the function but you can achieve that same result with a cheaper blender and a sieve if you'd like to save a few hundred bucks. The vitamix absolutely obliterates seeds and the like which is so nice.

She can accomplish everything she wants w/ the Costco one the same way you can get to your destination in a Ford POS vs. a Mercedes.. just depends on how much you care about some things that may or may not matter.

but how about this deal? from Costco... would you recommend?
Vitamix Explorian E320 + PCA Package $299.
There's videos to watch talking about this machine, this one is reconditioned. She says the inside is the same, just that the machine is louder.
Vitamix Certified Reconditioned Explorian: Full-Size Super Value - YouTube
And this girl bought the E320 at Costco. Also says the inside is the same. You can read the comments in the video where people compare the E320 to a Blendtech and say the Vitamix is better.
Vitamix E320: Why we got the Vitamix at Costco - YouTube
Here's another video of a girl tasting a juice she made in the E320 saying it's good. She calls it a smoothie but she's really making Mean Green Juice. This is how we started juicing back in the day, with a Vitamix, but you have to strain it or the taste is bitter. This leads to getting a juicer if you want to make a juice, which is the post a few above this with me telling the 3 machines you need in your kitchen. For me, the Vitamix is used to make Smoothies, which is a fruit bag from Costco, Dates, Bananas, Oat Milk, blend, put in glasses, cover in stretch tight, put in freezer, done.
Vitamix E320 from Costco - YouTube

The good is since you are in Mexico, if something goes wrong you can return it to Costco.
I'm not sure which features I'll use, but I knew the Costco version was an entry level model. For a little more, I decided to get the A3300 and I got a good deal. Now it's $449 on Amazon, so all the sales are done. Sure, for the $299 and being able to return it to Costco, it will work. If she's really into it and keeps using the machine, then you upgrade next year when they have the Black Friday sales.

Last edited:
Ok
Still thinking. Found that if I order the A3300 through Vitamix site that they have a special deal... $450 gets me the A3300 plus a free 48 oz container ($145 normally.) Seems like an ok deal so she can have both size containers 64 oz and 48 oz.
Read through Shitters response but it doesn't make sense. The A3300 comes with a 64 oz container which has 4 in. blades. It does not normally come with the 48 oz container which the has 3 in blades....

I tend to favor simplicity over gadgets... so I lean toward the Costco Vitamix A320.... but I like the idea of the two containers I can get with the A3300... and maybe Shyster is on to something when he says the 3 in blades cut differently than 4 in blades... so with the A3300 deal I could get both.

Going to pass info on to daughter for her to think about.

NGFM
I don't want to spend 'less' now on a vitamix and see if she wants to upgrade later... If I'm spending >300 than it needs to be for the life. 10 year warranty yea, so I just want it to be the right choice. My wife buys throw away things, she'd spend $30 on a blender at target and throw it away in two years when it breaks.... I'm only guessing there's a difference in these machines.

My wife makes liquados in Mexico for us; whatever fruit we have, bee pollen, oats, some green... seems to be always different, and that comes out of a $30 dollar Target blender... I like it,
I guess what I'm driving at here is, only reason I'm considering spending so much is because it's my daughter and I owe her a good birthday/Christmas gift and she deserves it. I asked her what she wants, she said a blender. I'm hoping she'll make use of it being the nerd she can be. So, willing to spend this much for something she hopefully has her whole life. (We also have some ancient oyster blender in TJ from my wife's parents; some stuff never breaks)

My daughter is in the states so no problem returning stuff. The farthest I'm from the states is a 2.5 hour flight or a 10 minute drive across the border. The 10 year warranty is nice. I just hope the 'smart' stuff is useful and not gimmick. Will it hold up for a lifetime like previous products? oh well

Last edited:
3 autistic boomer posts about a fucking blender :psyduck:

u better fukn watch urself carl
ngfm is a goddamn natl treasure and if theres 1 thing that all of tw will agree on its this:
fuk u if u try 2 attack ngfm

I saw the video about the secret deal, it's right here.
The Secret Vitamix Deal (that I dont want you to miss) - YouTube

That is a good deal getting the extra 48oz container. Go for it.

My Vitamix arrived by Fedex.

We're talking about a blender because it's the best one to get. Same with the juicer I mentioned on the previous page. If your daughter will make stuff with the Vitamix then get the juicer and you'll be set. She can make juices and smoothies for your family, make recipes for her school, and most importantly, when she goes off to college she will eat healthy. All these life things are important, and they don't teach them in school unless she takes a cooking class.

Last edited:
EDIT
She decided on the A3300 (just like NGFM thanks!!!)

She's on her last year of her Masters Yea

[OFN]
Well, now there's this Costco deal we didn't consider.
https://www.costco.com/vitamix-ascent-2300-super-bundle.product.100455994.html
$480.
imageService

A3300 pros $450.
stainless steel nicer looking, supposedly quieter
easier cleaning base unit (all digital push button/lcd display)
comes extra with 48 ounce container
digital controls are smooth

cons
lcd display/'digital' push buttons... durability/lastability ?

A2300 $480
pros
manual switches more durable/easily replaced
(check pic to see its extras)
switches more tactile

cons
only choice is for plastic; no stainless steel

I've given her a half hour to decide
(toughest behavior for her to do in life is making decisions; the more you torture the tougher they become)

EDIT
She decided on the A3300 (just like NGFM thanks!!!)

PS She's on her last year of her Masters Yea
ascent_a3300-bsf-rightglam-on-grey-620x620.jpg

Last edited:
Not that anyone cares, but I did get my Super Sabra trigger at a pretty significant discount from Brownells. Black Friday accomplished.

Back