Notre Dame Burning...

i knew the firefighters were doing it all wrong

they're supposed to be making it rain, not dropping buckets

lol dumb dumbs

when they use this red mixture pilots are trained to fly low to drop it because it's [strike]way more fun[/strike] not effective if it disperses like rain.

maybe it's kool aid and they need to fly higher to drop it so everyone in the area gets a cool refreshing and tasty misting

okay, except the red mixture they drop is not rain, it's made of other ingredients that help to slow the fire down if it does not extinguish it completely. rain doesn't do that. :shrug:

you should see a boat burn down to the water line and no one can put it out. its fucking crazy

havax, motox, validuz - do any of you care to rethink your position on water bombing Notre dame? or are we going to double down on the stupid? kinda hopping for the latter to be honest.

They can drop fire retardant liquid from helicopters as well u know. It doesn't destroy everything.

Had it <100m from our house a few years ago, it left craters about 2 ft wide and 6" deep. That was probably from washing the soil away rather than impact force, the trees weren't damaged at all.

Not saying it would be appropriate for a cathedral containing artworks but it wouldn't destroy the structure, not any more than an out of control fire at least.

so let me get this straight

the french DIDNT rake the dome?? ever ??

don't they know fire prevention 101

They can drop fire retardant liquid from helicopters as well u know. It doesn't destroy everything.

Had it <100m from our house a few years ago, it left craters about 2 ft wide and 6" deep. That was probably from washing the soil away rather than impact force, the trees weren't damaged at all.

Not saying it would be appropriate for a cathedral containing artworks but it wouldn't destroy the structure, not any more than an out of control fire at least.

yeah I was thinking a chopper would make a lot more sense. unsurprisingly there's a good explanation for why they didn't use helicopters. the amount of heat generated by the fire creates a big thermal updraft. the super hot air in that updraft makes the air less dense and that prevents the rotors from providing adequate lift. :shrug:

meanwhile in validuz land:
That's not water.

Would'a Should'a Could'a

Didn't.

Obviously, they made a good decision since we still have a Nortre Dame and most of the interior is intact and escaped destruction. The Cathedral was saved and can be restored.

Would'a Should'a Could'a

Didn't.

Obviously, they made a good decision since we still have a Nortre Dame and most of the interior is intact and escaped destruction. The Cathedral was saved and can be restored.

WHO CARES BRO, WE NEED TO ATTACK ORANGE MAN AND ALL OF HIS SUPPORTERS MONTHS LATER BECAUSE HE BAD AND THEY BAD OMFG LITERALLY HITLER

:lol: do you truly believe that? a number of you called me an idiot for suggesting that water is heavy. a gif was posted in the gif thread and I thought it might help some of you understand something that should have been obvious from the start.

:lol: do you truly believe that? a number of you called me an idiot for suggesting that water is heavy. a gif was posted in the gif thread and I thought it might help some of you understand something that should have been obvious from the start.

i'll give it to you, you have good restraint.

i bet it's difficult for you to hold your tongue and try to seem like you don't absolutely hate trump and all that he does with anything and everything, including sharpies.

Back