[security] Cameras 2019 [official] [|3r4c|<3t5] by Plasmatic - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [security] Cameras 2019 [official] [|3r4c|<3t5]
Page 2 of 7
SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
21 - 08-17-2019, 14:23
I liked the blink xt2 and was going to jump, but $99 was pushing it. Started thinking Plasmatic, but
NGFM
I think the Wyze cam for $20 is hard to beat and all we need. What we really want is a way to record 24/7 and pull out the microSD to view the past.

The camera will be pointed at a gate with a motor. We want to monitor cars coming in/out, and to watch if anyone ****s with the gate/motor. The camera will be up and under a patio. Hopefully people will see it and be deterred (we'll put signs too). In any case, someone screws with the gate, we'll have video of them on the microSD.

One concern I have
You mentioned getting a 128GB microSD, but the wyze site says
'Supports 8GB, 16GB and 32GB microSD cards in FAT32 format'
Does it really support 128GB...? if so, could it support 256gb?

I just ordered using TW amazon link:

Amazon.com : Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Person Detection, Works with Alexa Photo

Amazon.com : 16.4FT Power Extension Cable for Wyze Cam Pan, WyzeCam, Kasa Cam, YI Dome Home Camera, Furbo Dog, Nest Cam, Blink and Amazon Cloud Camera, Durable Charging and Data Sync Cord for Home Security Camera : Camera Photo

Amazon.com: SanDisk 128GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-128G-GN6MA: Computers Accessories

hope the 128gb works
when i read comments one guy says yes but several say no

also wondering about mounting
have to tilt it to look down from 3rd floor to parking area...

Last edited by SeVeReD; 08-17-2019 at 16:41..
Sponsored Links
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 08-17-2019, 16:28
I'd be worried about someone stealing or breaking that camera SeVeReD, especially if its easy to get at. I've got a few trail cams bolted to trees overlooking the storage lot, but you need a ladder and special tools to get the card out

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
23 - 08-17-2019, 16:53
naw it'll be up high, 3rd story
they'd have to spider-man it

amazon will have it to me by tomorrow
I want to see if motion detection will work from up here

Last edited by SeVeReD; 08-17-2019 at 16:56..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 08-17-2019, 17:13
Range on my trail cams is 60 foot trigger area, body heat triggered.

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
25 - 08-17-2019, 17:25
i bow down to your superior photo capturing techniques.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 08-18-2019, 08:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I want a damn picture of NGFM smiling damnit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeVeReD View Post
naw it'll be up high, 3rd story
they'd have to spider-man it

amazon will have it to me by tomorrow
I want to see if motion detection will work from up here
Motion detection will work, it's done on a pixel by pixel basis and you can set the sensitivity. The camera mounts magnetically to a metal disc which mounts to a flat surface with a sticky pad. You can drill a hole in the disk and mount it. On your ledge or wall, you would drill a hole and use a tapcon screw to hold the metal disk in place. A co-worker drilled his camera base (made of plastic) directly into the wall and it stays. If you are going to hang the camera over the ledge where it will get wet, then get the bird house.
Amazon.com : Wyze Camera Wall Mount Bracket, Protective Cover with Security Wall Mount for Wyze Cam V2 V1 and Ismart Spot Camera Indoor Outdoor Use, White (1 Pack) - by Mrount : Camera Photo

If the camera stops recording to memory, then format the card in the camera.

Here's my set up. The sensor light is powered all the time. The cameras blend in with the white trim.

I spliced an extension cord off the light, and painted it.

If the power brick burns out, I can easily install another one. Clips hold the wire in place.

Mounted upside down and daisy chained.

A better look at the wires using zip ties. If someone were to throw something at the camera, it would come down. But that hasn't happened yet and the wind hasn't knocked them down either. I've got the wire between the cameras hooked to the zip tie, so they won't fall to the ground.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 08-18-2019 at 13:40..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
27 - 08-18-2019, 13:07
You're gonna get hacked by chineese unless you block the traffic to china NGFM

That said I'll probably order a few of these.

Last edited by Plasmatic; 08-18-2019 at 13:58..
SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 08-18-2019, 13:27
I have dogs and a completely fenced in yard

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 08-18-2019, 17:02
Just ordered a wyze and 32g sd card, may order the extension power supply too, but I may just ngfm it. 32 is the largest listed as supported SeVeReD

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 08-18-2019, 19:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post
Just ordered a wyze and 32g sd card, may order the extension power supply too, but I may just ngfm it. 32 is the largest listed as supported SeVeReD
Right, I know 32 is the largest listed, but I'm running these in 4 cameras.
Amazon.com: Transcend 64GB MicroSDXC Class10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter 60 MB/s (TS64GUSDU1): Computers Accessories

Then 128GB came out and a few people said it works. We'll have to see what happens with Serverd. If it doesn't work, then try reformatting in the camera. If it doesn't work then you've got a big memory stick to use for storing files, and you can order the 64gb version above.

This is a process. There may be bumps in the road but you'll figure it out. I had my vision of putting cameras over my garage for a year. My dream finally came true when the Wyze cams showed up and I figured out how to run the power cable to the cameras. My brain was constantly spinning on how to solve the problem, but I eventually got it.

The Wyzecam Pan version is just incredible. Plug it into a wall outlet, put it in a shelf or dresser, and you can watch your parents or your room when you are away. I can't stress how huge this is to be able to look in on your parents while you are away and see what is going on. You can pan around the room on your phone from anywhere. I have one in the living room and one in the bedroom where my dad is (with Laurie watching him). Laurie can look in on the bedroom to see if dad is awake, and I can look in on the living room to see what is going on, and they are 250 miles away from me.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 08-18-2019 at 19:43..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 08-18-2019, 20:16
I'm going to do steel soffets soon, so the cameras will stick right on, and I can play with position before mounting permanently.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 08-18-2019, 20:33
mitch told me ur actually doing rust soffets w/ a rust finish and topped off w/ a rust seal

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
33 - 08-18-2019, 20:34
Lety's quit beating around the bush, gentlemen. What we all want is a set of drones that are activated by motion. The drones head to the motion, start recording and target the source of motion with a nice bright red-dot. if there is a bad guy on the premises - the drones flood the area with light and play an announcement that goes something like:

1) You are trespassing on private property. Please turn around immediately and leave. The owner has made you aware of the law. The owner would also like you to know that he is afraid for his life and wants you to know that he will defend himself and his private property with lethal force. If you accept the terms and conditions of trespassing and potentially losing your life and forfeiting the right to prosecute in state, federal or civil court - then continue forward. Otherwise, leave the property immediately. The countdown begins now. The guard dogs will be released in 10 seconds...
10....9....8 etc

motoxbudd
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
34 - 08-18-2019, 20:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I want a damn picture of NGFM smiling damnit.

Mitch, NK has very low crime as well from what I hear. I wonder why. You're a little ***** willing to trade away freedoms for security. I'd never put my female or gay family members in the positions you do. Have to be mindful of what you say and do at all times. The state will destroy your life in seconds. Makes me think you are a selfish prick.
i almost got arrested for spitting tobacco out a taxi on the street, and almost got shot for swimming past ropes and touching their precious buoy.

trump should nuke that desert ****hole, and start a glow-in-the-dark glass business.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 08-18-2019, 20:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
Lety's quit beating around the bush, gentlemen. What we all want is a set of drones that are activated by motion. The drones
no

what we all want is an army of sexy lady sentries

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
36 - 08-18-2019, 22:08
Quote:
Lety's quit beating around the bush, gentlemen. What we all want is a set of drones that are activated by motion.
You don't get it. What activates motion these days is shadows from trees, and lights at night from cars. Wyze started with a pixel by pixel comparison for motion, but now they've hired another company to detect if the motion is from a human. It's not perfect, but they're on the right track. When you get an alert, it will display whether it is from motion or a person. It's comparing the picture frame pixel by pixel.

For now, the Wyzecam can set sensitivity, and the area you want to detect for motion. I get a bunch of alerts at night form car lights shining on my door. Remember, the motion detection is done by pixel comparison, not a motion detection device. Adding an actual motion detection device to the camera would be tough, but I'm sure they're working on it. There's always going to be false alerts from tree branches and cars moving through the detection zone. If you have your camera indoors pointed at a static shot (your front door) then motion detection would be easy. But outdoors there are many factors that cause motion which are false alerts. People get spammed with messages and get tired of it.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 08-18-2019 at 22:21..
Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 08-18-2019, 22:11
no

u don't get it

we need sexy lady sentries

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
38 - 08-18-2019, 22:29
The **** you have ready access to sucks compared to the sensors I am talking about. Think IFF - not just motion.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 08-19-2019, 04:35
Quote:
Lety's quit beating around the bush, gentlemen. What we all want is a set of drones
Spoiler
No we want this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QcfZGDvHU8

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 08-19-2019, 06:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
You don't get it. What activates motion these days is shadows from trees, and lights at night from cars. Wyze started with a pixel by pixel comparison for motion, but now they've hired another company to detect if the motion is from a human.
I bet that other company comes up with a ground breaking new system

(hire Indians to watch your feeds 24/7, way cheaper than software development)

Page 2 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [security] Cameras 2019 [official] [|3r4c|<3t5]

Social Website Bullshit