I've reached my "wokness" limit (Another LiFE) NETFLIX

Brontez

Contributor
Veteran XX
Seriously, I'm fucking fed up. I'm going to blow up and get it out here and now before I hold it in any longer and give myself a fucking aneurism.

I really enjoyed Battlestar Galactica, and I've seen Katee Sackhoff in a few good things since then, so when I saw the promos for the "Another Life" sci-fi mini on Netflix I was really looking forward to it. Sure it's derivative (aliens send a probe to earth, humans must figure out alien signal, humans send ship to talk to aliens) but it still looked like it might be something different otherwise. All I was looking for was some mindless entertainment and if it went beyond that, so much the better.

And less than 10 minutes in I got my first clue that it was going to be a piece of hot woke garbage.

I fucking gave up 25:00 in when a we're treated to a male crew member wearing fucking stiletto heels on a god damn SPACE SHIP. If your character in your story is gay, fine, no problem. WHEN YOU RUB MY FUCKING NOSE IN THE CHARACTER BEING TRANS BY PUTTING HIM IN STILLETTOS ON A SPACESHIP WHERE YOU WOULDN'T DREAM OF PUTTING A FEMALE CHARACTER IN THE SAME FOOTWEAR BECAUSE IT'S MORONIC, THAT'S CALLED PANDERING, YOU FUCKS.

But let me back up.

Initially we're treated to a very lengthy scene of Sackhoff's newly chiseled abs and ass waking up from a sci-fi nap and stumbling out into a hallway. Seriously, the camera dwells on her ass for a full 20 seconds. Full disclosure, this is pretty much the only part I didn't have a problem with, I just have to point it out to show how all over the goddamn place this show is in its first 30 minutes.

Next we're treated to the rest of the crew, using eco friendly metal straws to drink out of DISPOSABLE plastic bags.... WHAT THE FUCK? Why god damn reusable metal straws that weigh as much as an entire box of plastic straws, for disposable plastic bags, on a god damn SPACECRAFT? Fuck your disgusting, mold encrusted, bacteria farming metal straws you beverage Nazi's.

During the next scene, it's pointed out ad-nauseum that the crew are ALL 20-somethings (played by 30-somethings), and they distrust Sackhoffs character because (gasp) she's over 30! One character even goes off on a monologue about how people turn to shit after 30... no joke.

Then the science, they're off course due to running into a "cloud" of "dark matter"... for fuck sake, if you know NOTHING about science, please don't literally take a steaming shit on a keyboard and call it science fiction.

I've had it with this shit. It's like everyone in entertainment is on a mission to out-woke each other. It's ruined Arrow, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow for me ( I didn't even bother watching Supergirl anymore after they LITERALLY started naming episodes after liberal slogans) and it's now seeping into every fucking show I try to watch.

THERE'S NO GLASS CEILING ANYMORE, you don't have to make EVERY NEW CHARACTER into a WOKE MEME just to prove that you're on their side.

I had to give up trying to watch Legends because they somehow even made it creepy watching 2 hot women make out (both played by straight actors because apparently they couldn't find 2 lesbian actors that could act) I mean seriously, HOW DO YOU MAKE 2 HOT CHICKS KISSING SO CREEPY THAT A STRAIGHT MALE WOULDN'T WANT TO SEE IT? It's literally every straight mans favorite thing to watch, we can watch it for hours, its scientifically proven to lower blood pressure and relax the male brain. HOW DO YOU FUCK THAT UP?

FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD.

All I want is some good entertainment without the fucking blue haired, snot encrusted nose ring wearing loser trying to force feed me their batshit crazy political views. I don't' give a shit what your chosen pronoun is. I don't give a shit that you like to cross dress so much that Hoover has become some politically backwards fetish hero for you. I don't fucking care that you're still crying every night because the worst political campaigner in modern history managed to lose to a fucking reality TV star. You're a fucking idiot for thinking you're going to save the world by using a hemp woven reusable bag at the grocery store, and you're an idiot for thinking that cramming your script full of extremely narrow political views will have any effect on, or even be watched by the masses.

The really fucked up part is, Another Life actually looks like it may have a good plot performed well by good actors. I'll never know because some walking youtube meme couldn't go 10 minutes without shoving his politics down the viewers throat.

aaaaaaand I'm spent.

Instead of taking power out of words (sticks and stones..) We have made words far worse than physical wounds. We have given words the power to dominate people.

I love it

Niggers

I loved the mini series Chernobyl. Awesome acting, greatly crafted story, unbiased view of how terrible the soviet system was, in spite of the common men willing to sacrifice themselves for mother russia.

But the fucking director has been spouting off about how much it represents orange hitler and current events. Even Steven King had to chime in on how it parallels the activities of Trump's White House and the director praised him for that keen insight.

You've got to be shitting me. That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever read. Look, we get it. Hollywood hates Trump. Hates conservatives, hates old white guys (except the progressive ones) and hates american exceptionalism, even though it's given them untold billions of dollars to fund their lavish lifestyle. Just don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining.

Yea... I watched a handful of Episodes.

Couple of other notes. The straight white male and old captain that didn't want to give up power to the white woman ends up trying to kill her. Instead her overwhelming power kills the devil.

Also they stated, "Back when DC was above water" dating the futuristic year they were in. I'm seeing this more and more where people just causally use the fact that our west/east costs are taking on water.

It seems like everything they put up now is complete SJW bs.

Earthquake 10.0 was 10x worse than this show.

It's going to be the same for the Witcher.

The books are extremely political and they are going to SHOVE their politics in our faces. I fear that it is going to be the most woke show made.

My wokeness level has been maxed out.

Yep, what's even more frustrating is seeing the people around us being slowly indoctrinated without even knowing it.

Oh and they have a young 'privileged white guy' (he actually introduces himself as such) that takes his 'privilege wine' and pours a glass for everyone to have a taste of the good life.

It was so corny i had to laugh...

Yea... I watched a handful of Episodes.
Also they stated, "Back when DC was above water" dating the futuristic year they were in.

Holy shit I forgot about that one.

I mean there's so much SJW in this thing in just the first 30 minutes it's hard to keep track of.

And yeah, the White Privilege character is super cringeworthy too.

It's amazing that the rest was so woke that THOSE are the parts I forgot about.

Welcome to Racistville.. population every white person.

Guilt by association.

I'm racist because I'm racist, not because I'm white. I am comforted by my white privilege though and I bask in its warm glowing warming glow. I don't feel any guilt about it. Go ahead, call me racist. Words are just words.

Show looks p good, watched the trailers last night. Curb your outrage, snowflakes.

As I've said in the Orville thread, I'm watching Farscape on Amazon Prime, it's included. Each season is 22 episodes, 4 seasons, made 20 years ago (that's why Amazon picked it up). I'm up to the 15th episode of season 1, watch one episode a night.

The Expanse is also coming back later this year on Prime, along with The Orville on Fox.

So there's your answer if you didn't see Farscape. Good entertainment from 20 years ago, eye candy (hot chicks), no LGBTQ bull shit because it didn't exist 20 years ago. You can read the wiki on the series, it's an interesting concept.

Last edited:
I'm racist because I'm racist, not because I'm white. I am comforted by my white privilege though and I bask in its warm glowing warming glow. I don't feel any guilt about it. Go ahead, call me racist. Words are just words.

Show looks p good, watched the trailers last night. Curb your outrage, snowflakes.

Meh, I hate everyone

Did you seriously just say wokeness is ruining CW shows?

The first few seasons of Arrow were amazing, and had next to no wokeness. The only woke-ish thing in the first season of Flash was changing the white female love interest from the comics to a black actress, but that really didn't bother me.

Yes, the woke has been slowly increasing in those shows for several seasons, not so much that I couldn't look past it, but it's overshadowing everything now.

What bothers me is the last season of Arrow and Flash, ALL the new major characters introduced were gay, which is such unabashed pandering I literally had to force myself through several episodes. I got 4 episodes into last season of Legends and just said fuck it, I'm done. Even puppet Paul Reubens couldn't save that woke nightmare.

And yeah, Arrowverse isn't the best thing ever on TV, but it was definitely better than DCs shit show film universe starting with Man of Steel.

I just watched a few episodes...and the Trans shit is absolutely unnecessary. Ok, so we have this male/female dude/whatever and this person is the DOCTOR ON THE SHOW?? WTF? This character has a semi romantic scene with another character, and they make a big deal out of this also....not necessary, and took away from the show...

It is a great concept, ruined by people putting outside bullshit into it.

I want to so fucking drop Netflix. I keep hoping to run into a new show (((they))) produce that's any good but it's complete fucking garbage. my wife and family still find things on there and overlook all this crap. but I can see it in every show I watch on Netflix now... Complete brainwashing. At least I'm making my family aware of it by giving them a running commentary as they watch the Netflix shows. I think they're figuring it out they say I know I know Dad just watching the storyline...

Last edited:
Back