New New GIF (animated) Thread

I was on a flight once like that.. the drink cart hit the freaking ceiling. I really hate turbulence..just have to keep reminding myself no plane fell from the sky because of it unless you count the idiots who flew into the edge of a hurricane.

I was on a flight once like that.. the drink cart hit the freaking ceiling. I really hate turbulence..just have to keep reminding myself no plane fell from the sky because of it unless you count the idiots who flew into the edge of a hurricane.
Same here. I think the worst I've been in was coming into Vegas when it was 114 at the airport.

haha reminds me my son and I are flying to Vegas July 1

edit: just checked and it's 10 in the morning ..I recall Vegas being like that as well. I live in Reno which is a wind bowl by itself.

Last edited:

I kind of wonder though what the company does though to compensate for that. I mean, you're not injured, but, "Sorry for totally bathing you in alcohol and tonic water."

I kind of wonder though what the company does though to compensate for that. I mean, you're not injured, but, "Sorry for totally bathing you in alcohol and tonic water."

They don't compensate from what I recall since it's not something they can't control.

haha reminds me my son and I are flying to Vegas July 1

edit: just checked and it's 10 in the morning ..I recall Vegas being like that as well. I live in Reno which is a wind bowl by itself.
I just got back from Vegas. Typically, I get afternoon flights in when its hot as fuck and have noticed that is usually really bumpy. This year I got a morning flight and out in and was one of the smoothest landings and take-offs in and out of Vegas I've had.

I just got back from Vegas. Typically, I get afternoon flights in when its hot as fuck and have noticed that is usually really bumpy. This year I got a morning flight and out in and was one of the smoothest landings and take-offs in and out of Vegas I've had.

I don't mind take offs that are bumpy going out..its when they are trying to land that pig and we come in sideways that shakes me up a bit.

Actually reminds me of when my son and I flew together last time. It was bumpy as shit going out of Reno and the lady at the isle seat was obviously distraught. My son is laughing his ass off..then blurts out loudly "HAHA WE ARE GOING TO CRASH!" I thought that lady was going to hurl.

I don't mind take offs that are bumpy going out..its when they are trying to land that pig and we come in sideways that shakes me up a bit.

well the inertia of a 400k lb jet makes pretty damn sure it keeps going straight (runway straight) after it hits the ground even if the plane is crabbed

now 10k lb prop planes on the other hand get flicked like boogers in the wind. landing isn't so bad since you just tilt the wings into(?) the cross stream, but turbulence in flight is a fucking ride for sure

Back