Massive blackout in Argentina and Uruguay

Neat. I remember our big fancy blackout whatever year it was. 2 days without power I think? It was p sweet. An interesting summer break. Bars were blowing out beer and ice cream basically free.

Neat. I remember our big fancy blackout whatever year it was. 2 days without power I think? It was p sweet. An interesting summer break. Bars were blowing out beer and ice cream basically free.

the big northeast coast one in 2003? ya that was fun

south of bloor had power back within like 7 hrs, and most of t.o. by the next morning - but the 'burbs were slow to restore

iirc the whole thing was caused because even tho some tech spotted the problem before it happened, they forgot to restart the monitoring software and that's what caused everything to fail

the big northeast coast one in 2003? ya that was fun

south of bloor had power back within like 7 hrs, and most of t.o. by the next morning - but the 'burbs were slow to restore

iirc the whole thing was caused because even tho some tech spotted the problem before it happened, they forgot to restart the monitoring software and that's what caused everything to fail
Yeah that one. Would've sucked in February!

"Everything came to a halt. Elevators, water pumps, everything. We were left adrift," Juan Borges, who lives in Buenos Aires, told the BBC.

Wow Scary stuff for a whole country to go black. Sounds like they're too centralized relying on a single dam for power.

"Argentina's Energy Minister Gustavo Lopetegui insisted that the country's electrical system was "very robust," but added that the exact cause of this failure was unclear."

:lol:

Shocking.

dEnu1GF.jpg

Back