TechnoDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
221 - 04-23-2019, 21:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBR View Post
theon redemption arc so fukn touching idgaf
None of the story arcs are great, dude. This isn't great TV, and I hope people don't watch the show expecting this to be the next Breaking Bad, The Wire, or The Sapranos.

Sponsored Links
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
222 - 04-23-2019, 21:47
Final scene is Jon and Dany sitting at the crossroads while Hot Pie is bringing them a meal. Jon stares at the door, anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Night King. Cut to black.

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
223 - 04-23-2019, 21:47
The show at its best is IMO far superior to either of those shows. The ending to Sopranos sucked too and retroactively knocks it down a few notches. You can do far better TV than those three. OK Wire season 4 and BB was pretty good, but yeah. Just MO

dr_boom
VeteranXX
Old
224 - 04-23-2019, 21:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouge View Post
some of these...

TechnoDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
225 - 04-23-2019, 22:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magical Zoo View Post
The show at its best is IMO far superior to either of those shows. The ending to Sopranos sucked too and retroactively knocks it down a few notches. You can do far better TV than those three. OK Wire season 4 and BB was pretty good, but yeah. Just MO

The only reason I'm so interested in GoT is because I'm invested in the story by way of the books. Everything about the show is otherwise mediocre. I could name 20 better shows off the top of my head.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
226 - 04-23-2019, 22:04
I recently rewatched breaking bad again and I feel it***8217;s superior to GoT for me.

GoT lost steam after it surpassed the books and the writing devolved very quickly. At this point it***8217;s power is in the resolution...I need to know how everything ends.

TechnoDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
227 - 04-23-2019, 22:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
I recently rewatched breaking bad again and I feel it’s superior to GoT for me.

GoT lost steam after it surpassed the books and the writing devolved very quickly. At this point it’s power is in the resolution...I need to know how everything ends.
I think a lot of shows lose steam like that. One that comes to mind is The Walking Dead. The first season is some of the most interesting TV I've ever seen. I think that show is still on the air, but I don't know anyone who watches it...

GoT tries to make the characters interesting, believable, and relatable but mostly fails. None of the characters have even a shred of the complexity of Walter White.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
228 - 04-23-2019, 22:43
Yeah but walking dead and dexter were super exceptional at losing steam...like bullet train to retarded turtle banging into a wall

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
229 - 04-23-2019, 22:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoDonut View Post

The only reason I'm so interested in GoT is because I'm invested in the story by way of the books. Everything about the show is otherwise mediocre. I could name 20 better shows off the top of my head.
careful bro ur hipster is showing

how dare ppl enjoy things differently than I do
how dare they

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
230 - 04-23-2019, 23:12
the books r way more overrated than the show anyway

way 2 handlebar ur mustache, bruh

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
231 - 04-23-2019, 23:37

Gouge
VeteranXX
Old
232 - 04-24-2019, 00:40
Quote:
The theory points out that in Bran’s visions from Episode 2 of Season 4 when he touches the Weirwood tree, he sees King’s Landing, but with only one dragon flying overhead. The vision did not show the actual dragon, but only its huge shadow. The idea is that the one dragon is Viserion and the Night King is flying it not two shadows of Drogon and Rhaegal. Bran also sees the Iron Throne room having snow inside as if the ceiling had been destroyed.
Quote:
Daenerys Targaryen also had a vision of the Iron Throne room with snow on the ground, but her vision showed the actual destruction of the ceilings. The kind of damage a fire-breathing or ice-breathing dragon could reign down from above. Dany seems mystified by the ceilings being completely destroyed as if her dragons didn’t do that damage.

Also in Dany’s vision, she nearly touches the Iron Throne, but at the last second goes to her crying dragons. The next thing she knows she’s north of The Wall. Is the vision foreshadowing how she could have attacked Cersei and King’s Landing, but ended up taking her Dothraki Horde and Unsullied to fight the undead up north?
Theory Says The Night King Won’t Be Fighting In The Battle Of Winterfell For A Good Reason

Akela
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
233 - 04-24-2019, 01:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBR View Post
careful bro ur hipster is showing

how dare ppl enjoy things differently than I do
how dare they
Thank you.

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
234 - 04-24-2019, 03:53
Quote:

I don't care to play hipster patty cake with you but I agree seasons 5+ have been mediocre with occasional greatness.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
235 - 04-24-2019, 06:06
breaking bad isn't that great. like got it's a super melodrama, by s3 it was clear that twists and explosions were more important than characters. casting brian felston was the only really genius move, the middle aged white man's dream husband.

i don't think most people can tell the difference between a good story and a super dramatic one though. the current age of tv just figured out how to sell soap operas to men.

the last great tv show was probably tales from the crypt or x files.

TechnoDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
236 - 04-24-2019, 08:14
I'm not sure how anything I said was "hipster." If anything I was drunk and looking for an argument.

I enjoy GoT as much as the next nerd, and I certainly understand people having their own tastes. This has nothing to do with taste. Battlestar Galactica is my favorite show. I'd never say it's the greatest show ever, though. I don't think that greatness is entirely subjective.

Bodom
VeteranXX
Old
237 - 04-24-2019, 08:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magical Zoo View Post
the series is called a song of ice and fire

the most important character is rhaegar, who foresaw all of this happening and knew his actions were going to start a civil war and lead to his death etc but it didn't matter because his 3rd child (jon snow) was necessary to save the world.

lots and lots of hints from the beginning this is where it's heading. the fact that the show has mentioned azor ahai/prince that was promised multiple times tells me something like that will happen. the long night will be ended by the hero before it begins etc.

or they say lol no and red wedding 2.0 everything. i doubt it though.

WHERE IS MELISANDRE?
Jon sent Meli away and said if I see you again, I'm killing you. She comes back because the lord of light wills it. Jon keeps his word and murks her with Longclaw. Her blood/sacrifice/whatever fulfills part of the prophecy and Longclaw catches fire (aka Lightbringer). on is revealed as Azor Ahai and things happen

Austforbeer
VeteranXX
Old
238 - 04-24-2019, 08:51
Quote:
None of the story arcs are great, dude. This isn't great TV, and I hope people don't watch the show expecting this to be the next Breaking Bad, The Wire, or The Sapranos.

Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
239 - 04-24-2019, 11:05
sopranos is an all time overrated show for me. it just ****ing drags on when tony gets into his going crazy phase, and the melodramatic **** from his kids. the only time it was good was when someone was getting whacked.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
240 - 04-24-2019, 11:07
AJ was pretty much the first Joffrey

Page 12 of 63

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Game of Thrones Season 8

Social Website Bullshit