Extreme Budget Build

KingSobieski

Veteran XX
My snot nosed 16yr old nephew wants me to help him build a computer so he’s been cutting lawns etc and helped me calk a bath tub which meant him like hard breathing onto the back of my neck the whole time. But he’s saved up some money doing chores for neighbors and has $350.

Evga 450w power supply $32

Dell optiplex i7 3.4ghz 8gb 500gb hd windows 7. $173 <<< comes w generic keyboard and mouse

Asus nvidia 1060 gtx 3gb $128

I’m giving him a 17” lcd

$333

How’d I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bad

v bad

fking catastrophic

somebody call donnie t b/c we need a #Terrible! tweeted up in here

u should have gone thru die_hard

I haven’t built a computer for 12yrs so I don’t know what’s good or not. Just hope it plays mine craft and fort nite for this autistic mouth breather.

tenor.gif

How much would you need for a decent computer nowadays? Is everything pretty much fast enough you just add a graphics

The dell laptops we use at work are $5k but they do lots of point cloud data and just crunch numbers so they need shit tons of ram and graphics power.

Last edited:
Depends on what games you want to play. At this level, you could probably buy a used system searching the classifieds. Unless you want him to learn by building.

Is this not enough rams?!?!?!

there’s some prebuilt PCs for the same price with rx 480s and i5’s.

Last edited:
I did a retro pie build a couple years ago and it was actually pretty easy. Hardest part is all the drudge work downloading all the games from shady emulator sites

I spent around $1800 on my new PC in Feb. Last one i built was in 2009 and I'd been using laptops since then. If you want a cheap PC, go to a used PC store and buy one and upgrade the graphics card and ram.

Yeah, I grabbed a refurbished dell 9020 to replace my little home server.. dropping a vid card in it would make a perfectly adequate little gaming box, limited only by what's available in low-profile vid cards, I think the best you can get at the moment is a 1050, which would do fine for most things as long as you accept it's a cheapie.

I had some extra ram around from my old box I added to it, and I have some new fans to put in once my ebay adapters arrive (Dell, non-standard stuff) to replace the cheap and noisy ones in it to silence the thing, and it'll sit in the corner happily.

Last edited:
Back