REI Extends Sizing to the Obese... by SINep - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page REI Extends Sizing to the Obese...
Page 2 of 2
cael
VeteranXX
Old
21 - 04-15-2019, 20:05
i too am upset enough to post about them not paying 50 cents extra for their millennial hipster gear

Sponsored Links
samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 04-15-2019, 21:12
Quote:
Tricia
3 days ago

This is fantastic news! Please also consider your pricing. It is very disheartening to finally find something in your size only to discover that it costs $20 more then a “regular “size.
Quote:
Jennifer (VOICE OF REASON)
3 days ago

I can understand that $20 seems pretty steep but from a purely profit standpoint, it makes sense that larger sizes would cost more because the amount of fabric used is greater so the clothing is more expensive to make. There’s no way it costs them $20 more to make it so yeah, that markup is questionable. However, it’s reasonable to assume it will cost a little more.
supply and demand... supply on these + sizes is prolly thin and the demand for them has to be anorexic. shipping costs is probably quite a bit fatter per item due to the added material which means you ship fewer items per container, which will also increase the costs. im sure these overweight people want the profits from thin clothing to makeup for the added cost to make and bring to market + sized clothing in hopes an overweight person decides to buy from REI. but, more than likely they think it's some fat CEO trying to get fatter off their fat.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
23 - 04-16-2019, 01:14
When I go to the grocery store, I expect to see 1/2 pint, pint, quart, and gallon milk all be the same price. It hurts my feelings when a gallon of milk is more than a 1/2 pint.

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
24 - 04-16-2019, 04:13
Considering how overpriced milk actually is... they could probably do that and still turn a profit.

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 04-16-2019, 04:32
not overpriced in Canada, it's price regulated here.

cheaper than gasoline and soda

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 04-19-2019, 15:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by samUwell View Post
supply and demand... supply on these + sizes is prolly thin and the demand for them has to be anorexic. shipping costs is probably quite a bit fatter per item due to the added material which means you ship fewer items per container, which will also increase the costs. im sure these overweight people want the profits from thin clothing to makeup for the added cost to make and bring to market + sized clothing in hopes an overweight person decides to buy from REI. but, more than likely they think it's some fat CEO trying to get fatter off their fat.
Im pretty sure thats now how supply and demand works

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
27 - 04-19-2019, 16:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiEND View Post
not overpriced in Canada, it's price regulated here.

cheaper than gasoline and soda
What’s really crazy is think about what it takes to make a gallon of Gasoline all for under $3 and people ***** about it. Same people do not hesitate to pay $1.50 for a 20 oz bottle of Dasani which is glorified filtered tap water. That’s over $9 a gallon.

Hologram
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 04-19-2019, 17:37
another formerly awesome brand destroyed by leftist SJWs

RIP REI

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 04-20-2019, 06:39
I think they should name their + sizes after mountains - K2, Annapurna, Denali, Everest, etc

cael
VeteranXX
Old
30 - 04-20-2019, 22:37
rip rei

me n the other faux lumberjacks are moving on to other flannel brands that have taste in customers

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 04-20-2019, 23:09
You like big girls, cael? I have often wished I could find a big girl heart/brain in a bikini model body. I have never wished I could find a bikini model heart/brain in a big girl.

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page REI Extends Sizing to the Obese...

Social Website Bullshit