Reload this Page [Official] The Anglers Thread
Page 15 of 16
Travace
VeteranXV
Old
281 - 04-28-2018, 07:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
now that is it warmer I need to get out in the back yard to practice my fly fishing casting
seen a guy at a park practicing his fly casting. funny thing is he was about 1/4 mile from a legit lake ... go practice on water not in your backyard.

Sponsored Links
Elvis Hitler
VeteranXX
Old
282 - 04-28-2018, 11:27
I caught a whole bunch of rainbow trout a few weeks ago. None were big enough to be photo worthy. The lake I caught them on has so little pressure, I caught the majority of them on a red devil spoon.

Last edited by Elvis Hitler; 04-29-2018 at 12:00..
ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
283 - 04-29-2018, 05:59
dardevle spoons

The photo isn't an original, awesome lures.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
284 - 05-29-2018, 18:56
always nice to have a huge number day. Last Saturday i got just over 40 fish for the day. only 2 keepers. a halibut and a spotted bass. the spotted bass was a chunky one and i released him. The Halibut was delicious on the BBQ with just some salt pepper and lemon. Hope you all had a rad weekend.

ps... had my first tournament a few weekends ago (battle of the bays) got 6th. pretty happy to break top 10 on my first go.

Last edited by Travace; 05-29-2018 at 18:59..
Odio
VeteranXV
Old
285 - 05-29-2018, 19:09
Good haul.

doggor
VeteranX
Old
286 - 05-29-2018, 20:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travace View Post
always nice to have a huge number day. Last Saturday i got just over 40 fish for the day. only 2 keepers. a halibut and a spotted bass. the spotted bass was a chunky one and i released him. The Halibut was delicious on the BBQ with just some salt pepper and lemon. Hope you all had a rad weekend.

ps... had my first tournament a few weekends ago (battle of the bays) got 6th. pretty happy to break top 10 on my first go.
**** that flattie is barely legal.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
287 - 05-30-2018, 17:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggor View Post
**** that flattie is barely legal.
barely it is but legal and was delicious. i let a 17 incher go earlier in the day.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
288 - 06-22-2018, 08:24
ever have one of those days that just ends up feeling like the luckiest day. so on this day i go to work. boss tells me im getting a raise(and i didnt ask for one). get to my first job and i catch a wild rabbit with my bare hand.

then a few jobs later i look down by some pool equipment and bam i find not only the first 4 leaf clover i ever found but TWO...

so then i think **** i better go fish today might catch a GIANT. well it wasnt a giant but it was a dam nice 3-4lber.

not everyday is a good day but this was a dam good one for me.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
289 - 07-27-2018, 17:22
got another good LMB. best of the year for me. this gal was 5 oz short of a new PB for me. she had a Huge belly that the pic dont really do justice. it was the first cast of the day and last catch of the day... so first cast curse or blessing? i dont know but ill take a 6lb and nothing else any day.

Elvis Hitler
VeteranXX
Old
290 - 09-03-2018, 20:31
In an hour and a half yesterday morning, i hooked up with 5 trout. Nothing huge but fun. Landed 3, 2 rainbow trout and 1 brook trout (a first for me). Saw a loon out on the lake, a black bear going over the mountain, and a couple of kestrels.

All in all, not a bad morning. Then I went to the rodeo and drank beer among Vanster's people.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
291 - 09-06-2018, 10:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Hitler View Post
In an hour and a half yesterday morning, i hooked up with 5 trout. Nothing huge but fun. Landed 3, 2 rainbow trout and 1 brook trout (a first for me). Saw a loon out on the lake, a black bear going over the mountain, and a couple of kestrels.

All in all, not a bad morning. Then I went to the rodeo and drank beer among Vanster's people.
been a long time since i targeted trout. super fun on ultra light gear.

Elvis Hitler
VeteranXX
Old
292 - 09-07-2018, 00:15
If the weather holds up next weekend, I'm going to go back up

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
293 - 02-26-2019, 11:50
i have been absolutely killin it this month.

Opening day of one of my local lakes i broke my PB with a 8lb 11oz LMB. Then next week i have a day where i catch 11 fish with a 7.5 lb, 6.5lb, 5lb, and two 4lbers. it was amazing. Then just this week the new Western Outdoor News Magazine hits the shelf and i see i made 1st page with color photo and all.
Freshwater Fishing Reports, Escondido, Lake Hodges, Bass Fishing,Travis Moreno, Largemouth Bass

And to top it all off I bow hunted my first carp this month as well.

it was a headshot and my buddy was seriously impressed for my first shot at one. Bow went all the way through it and i dragged it in by hand. i then cut all its gills and it still swam away. dam things are crazy tough.

Last edited by Travace; 02-26-2019 at 11:52..
Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
294 - 02-26-2019, 13:26
if you're getting rid of it because it's a garbage fish why not just toss it on the bank?

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
295 - 02-26-2019, 15:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-5 View Post
if you're getting rid of it because it's a garbage fish why not just toss it on the bank?
cause i dont want to transfer its stinky bloody body to the bank so i kill em and let em go. it just didnt know its dead yet.

Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
296 - 02-26-2019, 16:02
in the pic it looked like you're standing on or close to the bank. growing up we used to chuck the endless sunfish we caught right up into the woods

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
297 - 02-26-2019, 17:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-5 View Post
in the pic it looked like you're standing on or close to the bank. growing up we used to chuck the endless sunfish we caught right up into the woods
yea my buddy has pics from years past where he lines em up on the shore. either way as long as we can kill em we are doing good. its actually illegal to release em because they are so invasive they will take over everything else. I dont kill the bass as they are rare but will eat the trout and catfish. Carp are just nasty tho. next time i go do it i might throw em in the live well or bring a cooler.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
298 - 03-07-2019, 10:38
carp are mouthing all over the place now so we are shooting em any chance we get. shot a couple this week. had a really nice shot on one and then my buddy and i both shot the same fish. ended up killing a couple 10lbers and a 7 or so. also put my buddy on a 7lb bass.

motoxbudd
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
299 - 03-07-2019, 22:01
carp tastes good. just takes extfa effort to clean ybones n blood veins.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
300 - 03-08-2019, 05:27
Damn your dome is looking shiny nowadays

nice bass tho bro - GG

Page 15 of 16

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] The Anglers Thread

Social Website Bullshit