Fans use Machine Learning to HD Remaster Final Fantasy VII by groove - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Fans use Machine Learning to HD Remaster Final Fantasy VII
Page 1 of 7
groove
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 01-25-2019, 23:51
vamp show me this thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJEzSnDlaAY

Last edited by groove; 01-25-2019 at 23:58..
Sponsored Links
Unhelpful
Veteran5
Old
2 - 01-26-2019, 00:57
That will be neat to see what everything looks like just scaled up 8x-16x.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 01-26-2019, 15:14
it does seem to do a better job than just photoshop etc

got the 30 day trial but it crapped out on me at 776 images so i may have to try smaller batches or something

S_hift
VeteranX
Old
4 - 01-26-2019, 19:15
link???

groove
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 01-26-2019, 20:07

it's not bad... thats 512x on the right, stock 128 on the left

only thing is i can't seem to compress them at all with pnggauntlet so the filesizes are pretty yuge

A.I. Gigapixel Topaz Labs

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
6 - 01-26-2019, 20:47
IT'S TRIBES WITH BETTER GRAPHICS

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 01-27-2019, 22:29
this is one of the coolest things I've seen

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 01-28-2019, 13:30
this is so cool!

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
9 - 01-28-2019, 22:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhelpful View Post
That will be neat to see what everything looks like just scaled up 8x-16x.
Can u give us a little insight into how to best utilize this for T1?

Quote:
The biggest change is the support for higher resolution textures. This will take a lot of memory, tribes will easily use 800M on the computers that have been tested. Tribes should be able to grab up to 3.2G of memory now if needed so be aware of what your computer can do. PNGs are supported, and will be stored in memory as raw 24 bit bitmaps, but in order to make use of them you'll have to create tribes volume files with the pngs which requires a special switch "-nopbm", and renaming the PNGs. There are several other important conditions for textures as well. Terrain textures must all be the same dimensions, the mipmap creator for terrain will crash if terrain warping is enabled and this is not the case. Terrain warping can be disabled by printing $Terrain_NoWarping=True; to the console.

The method I used to create volume files with PNGs is as follows:
First get a list of every file in the volume file. this can be done from the command prompt by typing vtlist *.* Volume.vol > list.txt. This creates a list of every file in the volume in list.txt(and deletes any previous list.txt file contents so be careful). with this list I create a batch file to extract the contents of the volume by replacing the " " with "extract volumeName.vol ". this pulls all the files out of the volume and into whatever folder you are currently working in. I delete any bmps I want to replace, move the pngs to the folder and rename them all to bmp with rename *.png *.bmp from the command prompt. lastly I create another batch file from list.txt that replaces " " with "vt -nopbm volumeName.vol ". If you want to only replace some bmps make sure the original pbmps do not have this -nopbm switch or it will convert them in such a way that will probably not be desirable. the resulting batch file will make volumeName.vol with the specified contents, including the renamed PNGs.

Damage skins must be included with skins for objects that have them. they don't have to be similarly scaled up, but must be in the same format. so upgraded armor skins must include dskin1_armor.bmp and others as pngs.

A new variable $Interior::TextureScale has been introduced to deal with the limitations in how tribes handles interior textures. Rather than tracking each individual texture, I assume instead that they will all be scaled appropriately, so for a texture pack with 2048 textures, $Interior::TextureScale = 8.0; will display them correctly. This assumes that every 2048 texture was originally a 256 texture, and that any 128 textures are now 1024, 64 will now be 512, and so on. 2048 is the maximum texture dimension that can be currently supported. doubling that would probably require quadrupling the current memory that tribes can grab.
Starseige upscaled would be rad too.

http://starsiege1.proboards.com/

Starsiege Compendium Project - Tech Manual

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
10 - 01-28-2019, 22:27

groove
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 01-29-2019, 00:18
its pretty cool

like, its not magic or something but it does look nice

Tribes 1 Topaz AI'd textures - Album on Imgur

p.s. identify that map :P

p.p.s. nav postion

Unhelpful
Veteran5
Old
12 - 01-29-2019, 02:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontw View Post
Can u give us a little insight into how to best utilize this for T1?
The 32 bit executables can unfortunately only reliably grab about 2.1G of memory, and the current highest res textures want about 2.5. The reason it isn't higher is that video memory apparently reserves the other 2 gigs of memory, and this is what is causing the eventual crash issue for 1.40, we ran into it with 32 bit versions of 1998 as well. Between that and the 512 looking better is why people use that. Tribes(and Starsiege) will load everything into memory and keep it there, it will never free memory not "currently" in use, and altering that would require substantial changes to their own memory handler that probably aren't happening. The quoted section is dated now, 1998 supports pngs with the png extension, and uncompressed zip files as vols, though those will still have to be named suchandsuch.vol.

That 2.1 gig limit is what you'll have to stay constrained by for 1.40 clients, and this thing probably won't turn a 16x16 image into a 2048 texture, though I will probably look at scaling up the existing high res textures, 64 bit can and should support whatever truly absurd memory requirements there are.

Starsiege doesn't have PNG support, but I think it would be not impossibly difficult to put together a mem.dll to address the other limitations Starsiege would have in displaying high-res stuff.

Quote:
p.s. identify that map :P
arctic fox?

vamp
Veteran++
Old
13 - 01-29-2019, 17:38
gg

chemdawg
Veteran++
Old
14 - 01-30-2019, 12:48
c00l

ChocoTaco
Veteran++
Old
15 - 01-30-2019, 16:18
Also another way to go about it if you have the time

http://magaimg.net/img/75yy.gif

Last edited by ChocoTaco; 01-30-2019 at 16:41..
lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
16 - 01-30-2019, 20:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhelpful View Post
The 32 bit executables can unfortunately only reliably grab about 2.1G of memory, and the current highest res textures want about 2.5. The reason it isn't higher is that video memory apparently reserves the other 2 gigs of memory, and this is what is causing the eventual crash issue for 1.40, we ran into it with 32 bit versions of 1998 as well. Between that and the 512 looking better is why people use that. Tribes(and Starsiege) will load everything into memory and keep it there, it will never free memory not "currently" in use, and altering that would require substantial changes to their own memory handler that probably aren't happening. The quoted section is dated now, 1998 supports pngs with the png extension, and uncompressed zip files as vols, though those will still have to be named suchandsuch.vol.

That 2.1 gig limit is what you'll have to stay constrained by for 1.40 clients, and this thing probably won't turn a 16x16 image into a 2048 texture, though I will probably look at scaling up the existing high res textures, 64 bit can and should support whatever truly absurd memory requirements there are.

Starsiege doesn't have PNG support, but I think it would be not impossibly difficult to put together a mem.dll to address the other limitations Starsiege would have in displaying high-res stuff.

arctic fox?

oh shoot I meant to ask about this with x64

bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 03-21-2019, 10:52
I bought a copy and started fooling around with debugging 2048x2048 on unhelpful's x64 Tribes. Tribes grows to almost 20GB ram and I've started thinking about building a new computer for Tribes.

the upscaler doesn't do very well on real-world photos but with computer generated images it IS impressive.

I noticed that we don't have 512x512 alienDML textures, for example, so I upscaled the stock 128x128 alien stuff to 512. Here is a side by side on CanyonCrusade.

Last edited by bugs_; 01-20-2023 at 18:11..
Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 03-21-2019, 17:06
Pretty cool. If you gigapixel stuff please provide links if possible.

bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 03-21-2019, 22:39
First installment - the 128 -> 512 DML volumes. These are actually zip files even though they are named vol. For 1.40 just rename them to zip and put them in (i guess) the base folder. For 1.1998/x64 users put them in the base folder with the .vol extension.

These 512's look better to me than the 512's we've all been using for years.

Download link:

http://ns2.pu.net/upscaled/

next up will be the world volumes (alienWorld, lushWorld, etc) after a little bit of work to resolve incompability between 1.1998 and 1.40.

then Entities stuff which is really mind blowing when you compare old vs new.

Last edited by bugs_; 01-20-2023 at 17:48..
Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 03-22-2019, 07:13
thx bugs

Page 1 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Fans use Machine Learning to HD Remaster Final Fantasy VII

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
gay lord sex , nigger holocaust