So I had to tell someone today.....

SecretSquirrel

Veteran XV
This afternoon someone shot at someone else nearby on my street. Took forever for the police to get there, like they wanted them to be good and gone before they got here. And the police have had it rough around here lately, so hard to blame them much.

So the police are getting there and I and some other people are standing pretty close to where it happened, waiting for the officers to come over.....

wait for it...….

Woman reaches down and begins to pick up one of the shell casings off the ground for the police officer. He's like, please don't do that. And I told her, "you are contaminating the evidence if you do that. Picking up that casing may allow the shooter to go free."

There have been cop and forensic shows on forever, for like a decade about this, and why would she still do this? The casings were still lying hot on the ground.

My car did not get shot though, so there is that about it.

so in your world
touching a bullet casing = idiot worthy of ridicule
standing around with cops where a bunch of people just got shot = smart

if everyone around you is a moron it may be time to ask the question

Also you think the cops have resources to examine every casing the find on the ground?
it will be collected and filed in to some basement never to be resurfaced again.

The people responsible took off and peeled out of there. Since there were not a lot of bullet holes all over the place, I figured it was somebody shooting at a car. It may have been 2 cars, since there was no one lying dead or hurt on the ground. But over on 29th, there was another crime scene set up, and one of the cars involved in it.

Still waiting for any news on it, or a city police bulletin. I may go over and ask the people in the restaurant across the street. My neighbor was screaming out in the hallway yesterday afterwards, so maybe the news of what happened got shared around on phones.

Its because their community is directly affected by these types of things, because it is them shooting at each other. Even though a bullet could have hit someone in the restaurant, or blown a hole through the back window of my car. I don't have to spell this out for you.

South Sac: Iraq

Last edited:
Back