Saw The Usual Suspects for the first time last night

Amadeus

Whiner
Veteran XX
In case you were wondering, the Hungarians are speaking proper native Hungarian, down to the filler smalltalk between the random henchmen.

That's actually cool to know
What were they saying
The burnt guy in the hospital the first time we see him:

"He knows I'm alive. You. Stupid man, don't you understand me? If you don't understand me, bring someone who does. <some unintelligible stuff while the cop talks on the phone> He kills everyone. I know this man, I know what he looks like! Don't you understand? You can see I don't speak english! Listen to me! I saw his face! If you don't get a man in here he'll kill me soon! I saw Keyser Söze! Don't you understand me? Keyser Söze! Keyser Söze! I saw Keyser... *coughs*".

Then when the interpreter's there he says pretty much what the interpreter says he says, except he never actually asks for protection, he's just really scared that Keyser's gonna come after him.

Towards the end before they attack the ship, after Keaton asks "what language is that?", one of the henchmen's telling a story:

"...completely naked, <unintelligible> ...so then I pull my pants down as well and BANG, <more unintelligible>"

In the same shot, two guys are walking out a door, one of them says:

"...so the guy is demanding that I show him my insurance..."

Then there's a shot of a bunch of them walking up a ramp to the minivan:

"Alright, come on guys"

"What's for dinner?"

"I don't know what's for dinner."

"I'm not eating anything."

[short pause]

"Heh heh, so where is this idiot?"

"Oh, we've got time left."

"Finally, they're here."

"Eh, we got stuck in traffic."

"Whatever happens, you stay here near the minivan."

"Ok."

That's when Hockney says "Package has arrived, gentlemen."

Not sure if there's anything else, I think the rest is all spanish dialogue by the Argentinian guys.

Oh, and in the scene with the interpreter, the burnt guy actually says "we were there to buy this guy, to take him to Hungary".

Then the interpreter turns to the cop and says "they were there to buy... ummm..."

And the cop says "dope, we know".

Nice little detail. :)

Also, you don't want to know what the Hungarian dub of that scene looks like. :rofl:

this will now forever be known as the movie written and directed by a gay sexual rapist starring a gay sexual rapist

can you just imagine how many 14 year old boys were getting gangbanged probably directly behind the camera as it is filming

this will now forever be known as the movie written and directed by a gay sexual rapist starring a gay sexual rapist

can you just imagine how many 14 year old boys were getting gangbanged probably directly behind the camera as it is filming

i know amadeus is right now

hence the thread

hence his sudden infatuation with the movie

:shrug:

I remember back in 2000 or so all these people going on about this movie and I had never even heard of it.

Saw it later that year, it's OK. Might revisit it soon.

Hit (and may pass in 2018) the halfway mark of the goal of performing fifty characters named "Berg." with at least one on every continent, one in sub-orbital or in the troposphere, one underwater and one animated Berg character. - Profile written by Carl Bressler

Back