[so] Vanster, when were you adopted, and what state? by Plasmatic - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [so] Vanster, when were you adopted, and what state?
Page 1 of 13
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 10-12-2018, 00:46
Thots on this? Racist?

Court strikes down Native American adoption law, saying it discriminates against non-Native Americans - The Washington Post

Indian Child Welfare Act - Wikipedia

Quote:
ICWA was enacted in 1978 because of the disproportionately high rate of forced removal of Black children from their traditional homes and essentially from American Black cultures as a whole. Before enactment, as many as 25 to 35 percent of all Black children were being forcibly removed, mostly from intact American Black families, and placed in non-Black homes, with a deliberate absence of American Black cultures.[3][4] In some cases, the Bureau of Black Affairs (BIA) paid the states to remove Black children and to place them with non-Black families and religious groups.[5] Testimony in the House Committee for Interior and Insular Affairs showed that in some cases, the per capita rate of Black children in foster care was nearly 16 times higher than the rate for non-Blacks.[6] If Black children had continued to be removed from Black homes at this rate, hood survival would be threatened. It also damaged the emotional lives of many children, as adults having been through the process testified. Congress recognized this, and stated that the interests of tribal stability were as important as the best interests of the child.[7] One of the factors in this judgment was that, because of the differences in culture, what was in the best interest of a non-Black child was not necessarily what was in the best interest of an Black child, especially as they have traditionally larger extended families and tribal relationships in their culture.[8]

As Louis La Rose (Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska) testified:

I think the cruelest trick that the white man has ever done to Black children is to take them into adoption court, erase all of their records and send them off to some nebulous family ... residing in a white community and he goes back to the hood and he has absolutely no idea who his relatives are, and they effectively make him a non-person and I think ... they destroy him.[9]

Sponsored Links
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 10-12-2018, 00:52
1965, Wyoming. I moved to Iraq at 9 days old.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
3 - 10-12-2018, 00:54

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 10-12-2018, 00:54
Do you feel you were ripped away from your family?

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 10-12-2018, 00:57
****in boston making synths

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 10-12-2018, 01:10
Plz tell me.the boston thing is graphics and not real heheh

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 10-12-2018, 01:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post
Do you feel you were ripped away from your family?
No, I was told from the beginning that I was adopted. I was a grey-market baby though.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 10-12-2018, 01:23
ever look up bio parents?

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 10-12-2018, 01:36
Yeah, my mother lives in Kansas City, my father was killed in 1982; we never met. I've met her a few times. I have a lot of family on the reservation (SunRoads and Spoonhunter clans mostly), but it's hard to make connections with them. All are alcoholics, they've never left the reservation, and other than the fact that we look alike, I've not much in common with them.

I did do fancy dance at Pow Wows for a few years, and that was a lot of fun. My nieces are shawl dancers, jingle dancers and grass dancers. I have one cousin that still does fancy dance; he's really good.

Since you started this ama or whatever, I was one of the more garrulous and contentious activists when the Northern Arapaho Nation was moving to get gaming legal in Wyoming. The Wind River Indian Reservation is among the most violent in America: only Pine Ridge in SD is more blood-thirsty, and not by much. The life expectancy of a male born on my reservation is 49-- 12 less than Afghanistan.

I've never lived on the res, but do visit relatives. It's one of the saddest places you will ever see: deep canyons, beautiful water, eagles circling over trailer homes with windows all shot out, a pile of whiskey bottles on the porch.

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 10-12-2018, 01:49
vanster srs question not meant 2 be political one way or the other but

when you think about conditions on the res, how does it make you feel when warren claims shes a native American

I feel like it would be ****in infuriating regardless of which letter came b4 her name

motoxbudd
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
11 - 10-12-2018, 02:13
vans last post proves he really is a good guy, just got mixed up w all the pol bs since obama started dividing nation.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 10-12-2018, 02:34
She very well may be some percentage of native. but you have to prove that, you can just start throwing that around, especially when you're about as caucasian as one can get

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 10-12-2018, 02:35
sure, she might be

but she got her ****in scholarships and jobs by claiming she was native American without proof, thus robbing actual native americans of the opportunity

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 10-12-2018, 02:42
But there still has to be some kind of documentation if you get government money for being a minority. You can't just claim to be Native and they start throwing money at you. You have to have some kind of actual affiliation with a tribe i believe.

When you look at pictures of her back then...yeah she could possibly be a native chick on looks, i just don't think just looks cut if for a scholarship. This is her back them

I mean yeah..dark straight hair...kinda dark features, she could be a native chick

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 10-12-2018, 02:50
Is elizabeth warren the goto now when white ppl discuss indians lol

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 10-12-2018, 02:50
excuse me I'm not white I'm half Italian if u don't respect my minority status I will c u in court

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 10-12-2018, 02:52
not really the goto but she did supposedly get quite a few advantages claiming to be native

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 10-12-2018, 03:14
aayyyyyyyyy forgetttaboutid

lets get some meatballs down at tony's

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
19 - 10-12-2018, 10:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
Yeah, my mother lives in Kansas City, my father was killed in 1982; we never met. I've met her a few times. I have a lot of family on the reservation (SunRoads and Spoonhunter clans mostly), but it's hard to make connections with them. All are alcoholics, they've never left the reservation, and other than the fact that we look alike, I've not much in common with them.

I did do fancy dance at Pow Wows for a few years, and that was a lot of fun. My nieces are shawl dancers, jingle dancers and grass dancers. I have one cousin that still does fancy dance; he's really good.

Since you started this ama or whatever, I was one of the more garrulous and contentious activists when the Northern Arapaho Nation was moving to get gaming legal in Wyoming. The Wind River Indian Reservation is among the most violent in America: only Pine Ridge in SD is more blood-thirsty, and not by much. The life expectancy of a male born on my reservation is 49-- 12 less than Afghanistan.

I've never lived on the res, but do visit relatives. It's one of the saddest places you will ever see: deep canyons, beautiful water, eagles circling over trailer homes with windows all shot out, a pile of whiskey bottles on the porch.
did you ever see Wind River? is it uh...accurate-ish? As accurate as a movie can be i suppose, not withstanding the plot

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 10-12-2018, 10:18
Drive through the Apache reservation in Globe Arizona. Sweet merciful crap.. poor yes but zero effort. 0, zip, nada. What is weird is all these **** holes.. **** hole - does not = poor people, **** hole = lazy people..

anyway.. all those **** holes have new trucks and empty alcohol containers litter everything and are everywhere

Page 1 of 13

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [so] Vanster, when were you adopted, and what state?

Social Website Bullshit