Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
21 - 09-19-2018, 14:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
I bought a Telecaster.
I made you your own super thread man, you don’t have to settle for riding on others coattails anymore brah

Sponsored Links
Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 09-19-2018, 14:42
I been changing mine every 7500 miles. Honda says 10k, but I’m really not comfortable waiting that long.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
23 - 09-19-2018, 14:43
I couldn't find it.. or I didn't look for it. Either way.. I am happy to reply to a plas thread

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 09-19-2018, 14:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jimmy Pop View Post
I been changing mine every 7500 miles. Honda says 10k, but I’m really not comfortable waiting that long.
I wait till the engine says the % is time for a change. Works for me

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
25 - 09-19-2018, 14:45
Quote:
I bought a Telecaster.
No offense, and we all have different tastes, but I hate the sound of that. I know-- Richards, Springsteen and Prince played the telecaster, but it's just too twangy and country for me.

Stratocaster>Les Paul Standard>Martin acoustic>ESP snakebyte>crap rubbed on cardboard>telecaster

I'm glad you bought something you liked, and I realize this is like arguing over what's the best pizza topping but I dislike the sound of it. change my mind?

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 09-19-2018, 14:46
The truth is a Telecaster is a grownups guitar. It doesn't hide anything. It only performs at your level.

Fact.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
27 - 09-19-2018, 14:53
Here's the newest addition.

The one on the left is 10 years older

Brown one is same model as the older car.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 09-19-2018, 14:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jimmy Pop View Post
Toyota says 10k on the new rav4, but I've been having it changed every 5k. 5k is easy to remember, every time it rolls to 10 or 5k change it. Buddys 18 year old lexus rx300 (same as the rav4) has 280k something on it.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 09-19-2018, 15:01
Quote:
The truth is a Telecaster is a grownups guitar. It doesn't hide anything. It only performs at your level.

Fact.
I would say that's an opinion, but I'm not here to fight. I will say I'm glad you now own a world-class guitar, and you got the kind you wanted. Good on you.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 09-19-2018, 15:10
Opinion maybe.. but I can make my dog sound good strumming my fender strat elite.. not a brag but a classification. That is a great guitar that makes music almost on its own. Takes a player to get music out of a tele. So you are right.. they are not a great sounding guitar like the others you mentioned.. but played by the right person.. you can't deny their unique qualities.

Edit: I am not saying I am that person.. I am trying to find out

Last edited by SuperTrap; 09-19-2018 at 15:22..
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 09-19-2018, 15:40
Quote:
Opinion maybe.. but I can make my dog sound good strumming my fender strat elite.. not a brag but a classification. That is a great guitar that makes music almost on its own. Takes a player to get music out of a tele. So you are right.. they are not a great sounding guitar like the others you mentioned.. but played by the right person.. you can't deny their unique qualities.

Edit: I am not saying I am that person.. I am trying to find out
Well since we're off and running. .

My favorite guitarist ever is David Gilmour. He played a Gibson sometimes, but most of the time went back and forth between tele and strat. IMHO, his best work (DSOFM, Wall) was on the strat.

Second favorite guitarist is Mark Knopfler, particularly Private Investigations (Love Over Gold-- acoustic, and again on a Martin), and Sultans (Dire Straits), which is classic, and done entirely on the strat.

Clapton played the tele a little bit, but did most of his work on the stratocaster, and acoustic on a Gibson and sometimes a Martin.

I'll concede that WATCHING someone like Richards or Prince play the guitar is mad fun, but I never liked the sound much.

Meh. I'm glad you got the instrument you like.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
32 - 09-19-2018, 16:00
I think all the greats have dabbled with a tele at some point. Overall, minus it being the first available production electric.. and in the grand picture of all guitars.. teles are a minority. It would never replace my strat as my main guitar or desert island choice.

It fills a space though.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
33 - 09-19-2018, 16:00
nobody dabbles tele

you either commit or you get nothing

nada

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 09-19-2018, 16:02
watever tele, we all see vanster dabble the **** out of u on tribalwar gaming news

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
35 - 09-19-2018, 16:06
#METOO

"JUST DO IT"

take a knee to pee

MaxxCarnage
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 09-19-2018, 17:50
Buys crap can C-Class and is annoyed it can't be fixed with Autozone **** and harbor freight tools, thinking trans fluid should be checked that often. Even the super **** German cars take a different approach than your pappy's Grand Marquis.

Laff.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
37 - 09-19-2018, 17:54
Yes I know the c class was a **** car, and to be fair it was free and owes me nothing. I like the older E class benzes more, they were made better. The 230 runs and drives but has transmission issues. If I can fix it cheap it's a win.

Let's see your projects gomer.

MaxxCarnage
VeteranXX
Old
38 - 09-19-2018, 18:09
Imgur in my mobile browser sucks but I have a 97 540i with sport options (before sport package) and a 6-Speed and a 93 S4 half mile build with 2Bennet/Koni full adjustable coils and 911 turbo brakes.

S4 is ugly but complete and functional just need to get back on the last of the chasis cleanup before the engine build begins.

540i just got a front end respray, AC Schnitzer style front lip, muffler delete (youtube that ****, ghetto I know but it sounds better than the Dinan setup), and lots of freshening up. Great daily. Aspen Silver with ultra rare and totally 90's Aubergine (egg plant) interior.

I am just exhausted by the "no dipstick! Mraaaaaaah" ****. Been hearing it for years, because the retards who pulled their trans. dipsticks regularly couldn't get the right trans. fluid and kept cooking trannies and blaming eveyone else for it. Manufacturers got tired of it, and I can't blame them.

Respect for minding an abanonded era, but dumb thing to gripe about.

uno
VeteranXX
Old
39 - 09-19-2018, 23:38
a mechanic snob. how

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
40 - 09-19-2018, 23:55
tool snob too!

Page 2 of 3