[PICS] Speaking of doors.

i still dont understand why triple even cares about doors when he is all about open borders

double standards i guess

and p funny he is being upstaged by tehvul, haha

I need a good reason to convince my boss to go Hardie in lieu of brick and vinyl on an 12 block townhouse project. We could save $125K and do something very different in the neighborhood
hardie is good, you'll find allura and nichiha are also pretty great. lasts forever, pretty easy to work with, takes paint like a champ (they can come w/ primer of course), and they give no fucks about the elements/temp changes

it's cheaper to insure a hardiboard house (cement has better fire rating than brick or vinyl or wood imagine that!)

hardi will last the longest most likely
less labor intensive to install than brick?

Explain why cement would have a better fire rating than brick? That just doesn’t make sense to me. Do you know what you can’t use in a firebox in a chimney? Cement brick. You must use clay brick.

Maybe it's the way it's applied Jimmy. Brick facade is usually cement brick, isn't it? Cement board has strand in it to strengthen it.

Maybe it's the way it's applied Jimmy. Brick facade is usually cement brick, isn't it? Cement board has strand in it to strengthen it.

Not normally, we always used clay brick for veneers. Don’t get me wrong, the new products are fantastic, just find it hard to believe a thin cement based product be more fire retardant than clay based. Honestly have to see the claim

Last edited:
How can you people be worried about brick and boards when trump is going to prison?

they won't save u then u know

Not normally, we always used clay brick for veneers. Don’t get me wrong, the new products are fantastic, just find it hard to believe a thin cement based product be more fire retardant than clay based. Honestly have to see the claim
I'm not a materials physicist, but my gut and the little knowledge I have, tells me that both brick and cement-anything are insanely fire resistant. It's hard to even fathom what kind of heat it would take to even make it crack (let alone fiber). I'd imagine if a building was burning down right next to yours, the cement fiber wall would be blackened at most.

So what you you guys talking about that I'm missing here? Long duration blaze constantly heating the cement to the point of setting the inner walls on fire?

Last edited:
Modern highrises all use concrete now and sometimes dont even need sprinklers under certain heights if they have fire doors because fire wont leave one one apartment box in time to spread as long as doors arent opened

Last edited:
im honestly not sure what goes into the rating. I used to know more but then i unlearned the reason behind it
all i know is Stucco and Cement board (same rating) are rated higher than brick and stone (same rating) which are better than vinyl, pine, wood in general (same rating)* (log houses are actually pretty fire proof)

now true masonry builds (concrete or brick walls no wood frame no veneer) are more fire resistant than all the above

i hope u mean real stucco and not that phony baloney spray shit b/c there r thousands of now-homeless carpetbaggers around here who had their fake stucco hovels burn to the ground just as thoroughly as the houses w/ wood siding and shake shingles

they thought they were safe b/c the insurance guy said so

imo we need 2 watch backdraft for real solutions 2 these tragedies

Back