Deserves its own thread: Owen Benjamin - Secret Piano Knowledge

Validuz

Contributor
Veteran XX
Don't know if I got this from here or not, but it's great and surprisingly thoughtful, which I wasn't expecting as I thought he was just a comedian.

And if you don't like it, well everyone has their own opinion and yours is shit. 

I like this guy. I would rather listen to people like this than "news" any day. Interesting commentary.

With the Full Sail quip in there obvious troll is obvious. No one would ever actually admit to attending Full Sail except maybe to their therapist.

I actually used his analogy today when talking about teen depression and suicide especially in the USA.

Humans were not meant to be hit with all the bad news in the world all at one time. Most of us have a hard time processing something like the loss of a pet or loved one.

The reason people are tuning out of media is because it's exactly like slamming all the keys on a piano randomly at full force. The dissonance and cacophony is mind numbing and soul sapping. Especially to kids. Fuck all that. Of course kids are depressed and don't see a future if they have not been shown or given a nice happy bunch of major chords and scales.

Left hand possibilities - religion, athletics, schedules, happy home, regular meals, praise, attention, the constitution, law, all that jazz

By giving them that and helping them get a nice major baseline/bass line going - they are free to improvise on the rest of the notes in the scale. They don't have to worry. It's going to be ok. But, if they live in chaos and no one seems to care while constantly being bombarded by negative media and negative messages - they will lose sight of our purpose. They will become depressed and prone to taking themselves out.

This guy made great points.

I posted the video in the MAGA thread. Owen does a great job explaining how complicated songs are easy if you break down the parts.

What's up Val you playing any games these days?
Eh, it's harder and harder to have time anymore.

I was playing a bit of Wildlands co-op with buddies and awhile back, Witcher 3. Got a ton of other games installed, just haven't touched em yet, like Doom.

Was considering actually trying PUBG though.

Owen Benjamin is a comedian I probably never would've heard of until they started banning him from everything. Then I listen to him and find he's not making any jokes that weren't standard jokes ten years ago. Hell five years ago.

I started following Owen after seeing him on JRE a while back. He seemed to be angry over all the right things and I agreed with him. After watching a couple dozen of his webcasts, watching him get banned from venue after venue, and almost all social media platforms, he seemed to slip quite a bit and lose focus.

Never really watched his comedy at all, just agreed with all of his points on censorship and politics. Haven't followed him for a few weeks now, but I think he should probably take time away and ground himself. He loses his shit on his webcasts regularly, attacking the people that support him (morally and financially), and needs to take control again.

He has mentioned that he's willing to "die on his hill" of beliefs several times, and I applaud him for that, but he really should regroup and take another approach to his battle on censorship.

Back