Living with Meniere's Disease

Weird how you're brain sees things once you've seen it once
Never heard of this disease and then a few days later, BAM in the news

A few months and a medication change later, now my sense of taste is all screwed up (beer tastes disgusting, so does dr. pepper), my fingertips tingle, and i'm tired all the time. Those are side effects of the new medication.

My vertigo (started a month or two ago) has subsided a little bit, and I'm not sure if it's the new medication or what.

Hope it's workin out for you. Beer & Dr Pepper you can live without.

I now have tinnitus in both ears. Not from my suspected menieres but there was an accident at work. One of the main compressed air lines in the factory became detached, noise was outrageous. I was the plant manager so I went over to see if anyone was injured, was running a meeting at the time so had no hearing protection on. Decided to shut off at the valve next to the outlet so I was exposed to 140 dB or so for about 15 seconds.

Both ears are still ringing almost 3 months later, have lost a very small amount of hearing in the 7000Hz range, no workers compensation for that. It's a real ****er of a thing but if I'm lucky it may go away one day.

Hopefully it does. Luckily for you, there's not much speech activity going on at 7000Hz (at least I don't think so). With me, most of my hearing loss is in the low frequencies (<1000Hz) which really fucks with my ability to hear certain sounds. I really hope your hearing recovers. It sounds like you did the right thing by running over there to check on potential injuries.

nuu7MQv.jpg

most days i hear ringing in my ears
its in the background and i dont notice it often

its on and off again for sure
but like right now sitting at computer with AC running i hear EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in both ears
or maybe eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cuz it isnt very loud

I had hearing loss from daily work with power tools I was young and never wore safety shit. Been a couple years away from mechanical work and my hearing has gotten better. Used to have a numbness in my ears and asked people to repeat themselves a lot. Now I work w people inside factories and they got some super fucked up hearing. When they visit the office for training they’re nearly yelling. Working next to stamping presses for whatever compensation is not worth the loss of hearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back