play fartnut

Sponsored Links
DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
4342 - 02-21-2018, 06:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINep View Post
I keep getting comp games where there is either A) no one communicating, B) people playing characters they have never played, and C) people not in coms at all.

Usually a combination of all 3.
0%/100%, no contest games becoming common place.
I climbed from low gold to plat in about a week a few weeks ago, I haven't played much comp to keep climbing. You don't need lots of communication and any comp can work as long as you are picking characters that counter the other teams best player. When they have a genji and/or widow your team needs a winston, tracer can be countered well with a junkrat. Having both a junkrat and a roadhog against a shield heavy team can make a huge difference. Moria is a good counter to flankers like genji diving the support.

Picking characters that are complimentary to your teams picks is also needed, when you see someone pick bastion, pick a tank with a shield, if that is covered go for mercy. If you have a genji support them with a zen or an ana, if someone picks a reaper go lucio for the speed boost, which also helps a sym out in a big way.

Winning more games is easy if you solve problems by changing characters, most people just stick to their character and ***** about everyone on their team being terrible.

SINep
VeteranXX
Old
4343 - 02-21-2018, 08:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRabbit View Post
I climbed from low gold to plat in about a week a few weeks ago, I haven't played much comp to keep climbing. You don't need lots of communication and any comp can work as long as you are picking characters that counter the other teams best player. When they have a genji and/or widow your team needs a winston, tracer can be countered well with a junkrat. Having both a junkrat and a roadhog against a shield heavy team can make a huge difference. Moria is a good counter to flankers like genji diving the support.

Picking characters that are complimentary to your teams picks is also needed, when you see someone pick bastion, pick a tank with a shield, if that is covered go for mercy. If you have a genji support them with a zen or an ana, if someone picks a reaper go lucio for the speed boost, which also helps a sym out in a big way.

Winning more games is easy if you solve problems by changing characters, most people just stick to their character and ***** about everyone on their team being terrible.
I have like 1200h in the game and can play 98% of the characters quite well. I do all of what you mention and I feel like I'm constantly playing with people who don't know the fundamentals of the game. Their awareness is **** and they don't change to suit the comp, they just play whatever they want like in quick play. Getting people who constantly go to the same entrance and alone. Matches with 4 snipers... IN COMP.

Then sometimes I will get games where everyone knows how to play, are in coms and are communicating useful information and I can play to my full potential. Playing zen is best when you have people who listen and know how to play, but possibly don't talk. (i.e., calling out your debuff targets constantly)

I'm upper gold still (2480 at the highest), and I almost got to plat 2 times this week.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
4344 - 02-21-2018, 09:12
The best way to climb out of lower tiers is actually pretty simple...

Get to diamond level on higher skill cap characters. Then just play those.

For example, plat Genji, Zen, Zarya are pretty bad. If you get good at those, one for each role, and play them at a Diamonds level, you will win a lot more points and lose a lot less points, since your gain/loss of SR at a roughly 1:1 W/L ratio is determined by how you do relative to other Genji, Zen, Zarya players in that tier.

Window
VeteranX
Old
4345 - 02-21-2018, 11:36
Keep toying with 2500 this season, get to 24-- and go on a crazy losing streak, then right back up.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
4346 - 02-21-2018, 11:47
picked the game back up after xmas... did my quals and was plat...didnt play much after that.

i've only been doing quickmatch here and there with friends. its cancer with 2 widows per game but...whatever.

moira seems really overtuned

FOURSTAR
VeteranXX
Old
4347 - 02-21-2018, 12:37
i feel like moria is going to get a nerf eventually, but shes fun to play

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
4348 - 02-21-2018, 12:44
im only playing her these days, and getting 4-5 gold medals a game seems wrong for a healer

FOURSTAR
VeteranXX
Old
4349 - 02-21-2018, 13:08
i think she has the most healing output in the game, plus she can do damage w/o reloading

figure they will make her damage like her healing at some point, you have to heal to be able to damage, damage to heal etc

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
4350 - 02-21-2018, 13:18
a heal to dmg mechanism could be ok

her right click range needs to be decreased or metered
her dmg ball shouldn't last as long
her ultimate shouldn't heal her at all or as much

[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
4351 - 02-21-2018, 13:36
The biggest indicator of your success with a team is communication, hands down. In fact, in the lower ranks (Plat and under), what you're really facing off against is which team is the most effective communicators.

Beyond simply whether or not they communicate at all it comes down to how well they're communicating. I don't personally have a mic, but I always try and listen in when my teammates communicate to me. When that one way communication breaks down is when they say things like, "Someone get on that Widow!" - instead of "Widow's on the pillar to the left." Or if/when communication devolves into a cluster**** of pissing and moaning at which point everyone starts to deliberately throw.

If/when communication is removed on both teams it's a pretty level playing field, and you can definitely tell when that's the case, the lack of specific coordination by the teams (People not best utilizing ults, lone-wolfing, etc.)

On an unrelated subject, Blizzard's decided that they're not going to reward one tricks as much for playing well as those who play multiple characters. The problem though is that playing a type of class, whether it's heals, DPS, or tank, the problem I run into is that as I rank up more, I'm in high plat right now.

I keep getting close to Diamond. Then I get paired up with some really coordinated groups that **** on us and get knocked back down. The problem with the one-trick thing that Blizzard's trying to stop is that your rank is based on what you play, if you play Moira really well, or play Soldier 76 really well, you're punished for playing what you're good at. Forcing you to switch to a character that you're not as good at, and the tactics and tricks that work well in one rank tier, doesn't work in another.

That is, your skill levels between characters might not be good enough once you rank up to where you're stuck at to actually compete against the groups you're now facing when you switch.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
4352 - 02-21-2018, 13:44
even more important than voice comms, imo, is watching the damn kill feed

at our **** level, you just need to focus on pushing advantages and pulling out of disadvantages

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
4353 - 02-22-2018, 18:01
yeah, voice chat is important when people don't pay attention to what is happening, it is much easier to tell someone to drop back and get them to pay attention, it also becomes obvious when that they aren't in voice chat.

There are always the times when you have a genji go in and ult and die then complain on voice chat that they didn't get any heals or a bubble, and you get several people replying that both healers were dead and so was the zarya 10 seconds before they genji used their ult.

Minimal voice chat works well.

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
4354 - 02-22-2018, 19:42
I honestly don't know how people are still stomaching this game.

I haven't touched it in... like over a year.

It was a one trick pony. Fun for a bit, but that fun died fast.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
4355 - 02-22-2018, 21:55
yeah ive been playing the **** out of moria..it is amazing how many terrible ones are out there though - i feel like i have to play her so terrible people can't pick her instead. she really needs to be played at like...90-95% healing.

as soon as someone picks her and says "they are going damage only" you know its gg.

she does have quite a few counters

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
4356 - 02-22-2018, 22:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
yeah ive been playing the **** out of moria..it is amazing how many terrible ones are out there though - i feel like i have to play her so terrible people can't pick her instead. she really needs to be played at like...90-95% healing.

as soon as someone picks her and says "they are going damage only" you know its gg.

she does have quite a few counters
if you're playing Moira 95% healing you're a blithering idiot

Window
VeteranX
Old
4357 - 02-28-2018, 20:01
New hero out on PTR today... calling her a support tank
New Overwatch hero Brigitte is a support tank | PC Gamer

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
4358 - 02-28-2018, 20:48
Right now she feels a bit clunky, the range on her weapon is very short with the regular attack. Shift will work fine and the charge isn't bad but her regular mace thing seems off. It feels like they were trying to make it feel different then Rein swinging his hammer.

The thing will be how they balance the healing that comes from the damage she does.

Last edited by DeadlyRabbit; 02-28-2018 at 20:50..
Zomnivore
Veteran4
Old
4359 - 02-28-2018, 21:01
Brigitte or w/e her name is looks fun.

Definitely think I'll play her when the team needs a support.

Really like tanky characters.

Father Ruckus
VeteranXX
Old
4360 - 03-01-2018, 10:13
She looks like the FPS version of a WoW paladin or D3 Crusader, so I agree she looks fun.

Page 218 of 223

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Release Thread] Overwatch

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
genji is illuminanti , madrebel is stupid , madrebel likes to ramble , taggitfaggit , the genji is coming , they took my son!