Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page intermittent fasting
Page 1 of 2
The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 01-25-2018, 09:05
I credit this for keeping me in shape/cut for the past 3 years. i usually do it 2-3 days in a row now instead of the 5:2 split. anyone else do this? the first 24 hours were tough at first, but you always wake up less hungry. now it's a breeze and i get weirdly high from it.

also love that i don't have to give up pizza etc.

Sponsored Links
Infernus
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
2 - 01-25-2018, 20:04
I'm slowly getting into the fasting thing with keto. I basically omitted all sugar, alcohol and grain-based food from my diet. After 4 weeks, the weight is just melting off, appetite is under control, most of the headaches have passed and I feel great. The first 2 weeks suck bad but after that it got much easier.

T2-JesusChrist
Veteran
Old
3 - 01-26-2018, 17:13
I ate a single meal per day, no calories at all during the rest of the day, for at least 8 months now, sometimes not eating for two days. First I thought it's kinda cool that I can eat more crap and not get fat but then I really started caring about what I eat, if I'm to eat a single meal. You are what you eat, and you think about what information you consume. The less processed food the better, the less sugar (preferably no added sugar at all) the better.

It really does improve my day a lot, more free time, meal taste's better, diabetes risk is lower, I can concentrate better, it's cheaper, healthier, and gives me more energy. I don't wanna bother shoving this method of eating down anyone's throat, so if anyone likes what I'm saying, experiment it on yourself for at least 2 to 3 weeks and see how you feel.

~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
4 - 01-31-2018, 17:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQqBMz70iM

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 02-02-2018, 19:59
Pretty gay but it works like clockwork, especially if you eat well and don't slack in your lifting. Most people I work with think it's pretty crazy to go 1-2 days straight eating nothing and drinking only water

Ball don't lie though

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 02-04-2018, 14:29
i started around august of last year. i only eat around 5-6pm every day but open it up a bit on saturday and sunday. the 5-6 small meals a day never ****ing worked my entire life, even when i went to the gym 6-7 days a week. i started fasting with very low carbs to keto and i've lost 35lbs without doing anything but hill sprints and jogging everyday. no actual muscle training. i buy one of those gallon jugs of ice mountain water and keep it with me all day like a douchebag. it's really the only thing that can keep the hunger pains from gettin ridiculous.

fad diet or not it has worked better than anything i've ever tried and it seems the most sustainable

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
7 - 02-17-2018, 18:10
I did this after I got fat. I was skinny all my life then 2015-2016 I started creeping up past 225. By the end of 2016 I was 250 and when I went for my physical in march I hit 272. I didn't even realize I was fat. So after my physical I said **** this and went on a hard cut.

I did no cardio. I lifted weights like a mother ****er, ate a lot of protein, and all day I didn't eat. I went to work, I had water and coffee. I ate for the first time at 7pm, not a big meal (your stomach shrinks or something) and after a week you don't even get hungry anymore, you just get used to being starving and your body releases endorphins or something.

It works pretty well, you are basically in ketosis part of the day. you can see on this graph, I was doing 2.5lb a week (so I lost some lean mass but I was determined to lose then build it back up). So now I'm sitting around 175 and 15% BF so now I'm just trying to build lean mass back .. I lost a lot of muscle.

I don't show the fattest pics of myself, this is 3 months after I started if you can believe it. I don't think I've really shown anyone but family this. This is a 6 month transformation, this is how you go ham on weight loss.
First pic is me about 240 (so I'm actually down 30 lbs and still very fat) then second pic is me on my 38th birthday at 178. I'm 6' for reference.

you can see my weight spikes up in a few cases. I have found that if I don't control my carbs and sodium I'll go to bed at 178 and wake up at 185. It can take up to a week to readjust. I don't really know why that happens, but it seems to be a rebound thing after I push too hard/get dehydrated. Also you can see towards the end I rebounded a little bit. After I hit my goal weight, I got sloppy and celebrated a bit, but the real problem (I think) was that the same month I injured both elbows doing weighted pull ups in the gym. "Golfer's Elbow" in the medial epicondylitis. I still am not healed, probably going to need surgery soon. I I ate some big meals (cause honestly, I was starving this whole time) and before I knew it I was over 190 about 15 lbs heavier than I had been at the start of the month.
Mostly water but its still like I was just 179 how the **** am I at 190+ today? Have had to scale back the gym since then and I just maintain my weight kind of bounce in a 5 lb range depending on diet and hydration. I'd like to cut a little more BF but no bigger.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
8 - 02-17-2018, 18:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown View Post
i started around august of last year. i only eat around 5-6pm every day but open it up a bit on saturday and sunday. the 5-6 small meals a day never ****ing worked my entire life, even when i went to the gym 6-7 days a week. i started fasting with very low carbs to keto and i've lost 35lbs without doing anything but hill sprints and jogging everyday. no actual muscle training. i buy one of those gallon jugs of ice mountain water and keep it with me all day like a douchebag. it's really the only thing that can keep the hunger pains from gettin ridiculous.

fad diet or not it has worked better than anything i've ever tried and it seems the most sustainable
bro you gotta maintain stretch to retain some muscle. don't kill yourself in the gym but at the end of the diet you want to be at around 90%+ in your lifts. I did low rep heavy weight 3-5x a week. ditch the cardio completely, just eat less. i was losing a ton of lean mass until I changed this up.

T2-JesusChrist
Veteran
Old
9 - 02-18-2018, 14:29
That's awesome progress, man. Also, cutting down sugar and carbs is a very important thing to do when fasting. Eating more fat is the solution.

BeLiaL
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 02-19-2018, 13:25
way to go man

i didn't know surgery could take care of tendinitis... what do they do, exactly?

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
11 - 02-19-2018, 14:51
In this case its tendonosis I think it's spelled.they need to debride the tissue then they make a little slice to relieve pressure on the tendon.the problem with healing is lack of blood supply . I don't know how they address that .

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 02-20-2018, 12:33
Good stuff, Rayn. Congrats. I can't imagine not being on this diet now, funny when years ago I never heard of it.

It also helps retard cancerous cells.

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 02-20-2018, 15:07
nice job rayan

thats how i got hella fat also, lifted and ate whatever then just stopped lifting. seriously when you get to that point you're just like **** it im already fat whatever. i broke 250 at one point last year and became so disgusted with myself i just dove right in to low carb, sub 1500 calorie a day and kept it this way. i'll have to post my fitbit **** somehow. 230 or so on xmas day to 200 as of today. i miss the **** out of some pasta and bread but even at 200 i still feel really lean without that bloated feeling i get from bull**** carbs. my endgame is ~175 which might be a little too lean given my frame but whatever ~beach season~

i invested in a safety/power rack that i still need to assemble but up until this week its been too ****ing cold even in my garage. it will be nice to get back to lifting. i cant do gyms anymore without considering actual murder. if you go at ~5am its the retiree crowd chatting it up in front of every machine and the evening its textbro city.

low rep high weight isn't for me, i don't give a **** about weight room max's anymore. it's strictly aesthetics and health these days. maybe if i ran a round of test or something this summer i'd consider it but eh

BeLiaL
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 02-20-2018, 16:37
IF sounds miserable to me***8212;I can***8217;t imagine not eating most of the day

but I***8217;m glad it is something that works for all of you

I***8217;ll prob have to switch to it someday when my metabolism finally slows down to a normal pace

Falhawk
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 02-21-2018, 09:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown View Post
i invested in a safety/power rack that i still need to assemble but up until this week its been too ****ing cold even in my garage. it will be nice to get back to lifting. i cant do gyms anymore without considering actual murder. if you go at ~5am its the retiree crowd chatting it up in front of every machine and the evening its textbro city.
I've been going between like 4:30 and 5am and I want to kill people

it is either people stuck on the dreadmills (I don't actually have a problem with) or the bro's all geared up with gear and they drop their ****ing weights

stop dropping weights

please

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 02-22-2018, 09:56
go back 2 planet fitness nerd lmao

**** LUNK ALARM****

clu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
17 - 03-01-2018, 04:09
wtf rayn is leet

TechnoDonut
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
18 - 03-01-2018, 23:22
Whatever works for you, I guess... but there's no way I'll ever skip meals on purpose.

Quark
Veteran4
Old
19 - 03-12-2018, 14:26
Divorce will lose weight fast as well, 47 lbs for me.

BTW your transformation is admirable!

Infernus
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
20 - 03-24-2018, 15:32
badass progress, rayn. i'm almost 3 months in and 20lbs down. i'm cool with that given i just sit all day. my goal is 45lbs in ~6 months.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page intermittent fasting

Social Website Bullshit