got a big green egg

I hate half the thing last night and feel great. The middle of a steak in sterile since it hasn’t been exposed to anything like when you grind hamburger. As long as you get your meat from a legit source its fine.

I read through the thread as I didn't have a clue what this was and then looked up these eggs. Looks pretty sweet. I'm a casual cooker in general so definitely not for me but looks like you're enjoying it. Keep posting pics.

I read through the thread as I didn't have a clue what this was and then looked up these eggs. Looks pretty sweet. I'm a casual cooker in general so definitely not for me but looks like you're enjoying it. Keep posting pics.

There are lots of knock off brands for half the price that probably do just as good for 90% of people

A nearly perfectly cooked Rib Eye dude, looks great.

Barely any 'grey' area - did you do multiple flips? Cook time?

I have been playing with 'flip every minute' to achieve a similar result (albeit cooked on a carbon steel pan).
get yourself an iron skillet. I can cook perfect ribeyes with it. I haven't thrown a ribeye on the grill in a couple of years now because oh my skillet.

med heat is where its at. no grey at all. no more of this, "you gotta sear it" crap. lol.

get yourself an iron skillet. I can cook perfect ribeyes with it. I haven't thrown a ribeye on the grill in a couple of years now because oh my skillet.

med heat is where its at. no grey at all. no more of this, "you gotta sear it" crap. lol.

carbon steel is essentially the same as a cast iron
medium heat is good and actually tic is right that constant movement is better than this lol grill marks crowd

ppl need to adjust their monitor - that thing is rare, near bleu, nowhere like medium rare ffs

that is definitely rare, not medium rare

that being said, holy fuck it looks delicious and I would eat the fuck out of it

I hate half the thing last night and feel great. The middle of a steak in sterile since it hasn’t been exposed to anything like when you grind hamburger. As long as you get your meat from a legit source its fine.

Be sure to update when you eat the other half

(I assume you ate not hate)

QNvdNL2.jpg

Leftover brisket pizza

Back