I convinced a scammer to mail a fraudulent check to an FBI field office

DMAUL

Contributor
Veteran XX
Hello ,

Actually I am sorry that I could not longer come to pick look at in person as planned, I actually just had a change in my work schedule but I believe am OK with the condition as seen on the advert as well as the price stated. I am ready to make instant purchase with my mode of payment would being a Cashiers Bank Check via US mail or UPS next day service.

I'll arrange for a local pick up as soon as you receive check, cash it and have your money in hand, i promise you everything which comes in 3days.

Kindly get back to me with your {Full Name,Full mailing Address, Cell Phone Number and Agreed price}. As soon as this is provided, payment will be overnight to you and I will let you know once it's mailed out with tracking number sent to you. I will also add an additional $50 for holding it for me till the Check gets to you and delete the posting from Craigslist today.

Thanks and I hope we handle this in good faith while waiting to hearing from you.

Best Regards.

Sure, Gabriel. I am not the person who you need to contact, but this person can help you:

Robert Johnson
3311 East Carson Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
(412) 432-4000

I appreciate your quick response and I'm happy you are selling to me. I got your details and have forwarded it to my secretary, payment has been issued out to you and sent to you via Us postal service, I will email you with the tracking number for
confirmation. I will also like to let you know that shipping company funds was included with your payment as I might not be around once the payment arrive to you because am going to Florida for my Wedding Anniversary. Once the payment arrive, you will go ahead and have the check deposited then you will deduct the money for your item with additional $50 for your Gas and running around then you have the rest
of the money send to my shipper via money gram then i will contact shipper to get ready to come over for pick up immediately. LET ME KNOW IF I CAN trust you in this transaction. Note you are not responsible for shipping as soon as you have the check and deposit it, my shipper will be coming over for pick up at your location. Hope to hear back from you soon and please delete the posting today.

Also do confirm the following as you sent me earlier so there wont be issues with the delivery of the check

Full Name
Physical Address
City
State
ZIp code
Final asking price

Thanks for your understanding

yes gabriel, u can trust me. rob will help u. the total is $1000

Hello , how are you doing today and your family ? i have sent out the check to you and you are going to receive it tomorrow and I want you to consider it sold to me .. so kindly text me back on this # (361) 239-3447 with your full name and the item i am buying from you.. thanks

I was not able 2 reach u. pls txt (412) 432-4000 with plan 4 check.

Not sure he actually did it but at least I'm wasting his time. I dumbed down my messages because I was worried he'd catch on.

I recently got a check for $.01 from some old account I closed years ago. I'm thinking about cashing it.

I guess the CL scamming business hasn't changed in 5 years. I was selling a car on CL and got involved with one of these guys briefly. The scam was identical, it must work if they're still doing it the same way years later. Their writing skills have not improved at all either I see. That was the first clear give away.

They told me they were in the navy or something and the shipper would pick up the car, all that. I couldn't stop laughing at the whole thing.

he emailed me a fedex tracking number. think I'm going to tell him I need gas money to get to my bank

Back