Bitcoin Surge

what's realistic is today bitcoin is as real a currency as any other "government-backed" currency

how massive the bubble is and what is bitcoin's true value is the thing dreams(and nightmares) are made of

These last few posts prove my point. It's a shit load of your dorks playing in this sandbox and the sand sharks are going to clean your dumbasses out

what's realistic is today bitcoin is as real a currency as any other "government-backed" currency

how massive the bubble is and what is bitcoin's true value is the thing dreams(and nightmares) are made of
This is kind of a dumb oversimplification. The US dollar isn't backed by the US government its backed by the US economy. There's a layer of something tangible and strong under the US dollar. No Such Thing can be said about Bitcoin. Its value is literally entirely based on speculation.

Bitcoin seems like a real currency because it's accepted at real merchants like Newegg. The other cryptocurrencies however, they're simply signing up people with real money letting the people mine a finite number of coins by computer. The friend I know just sent me a picture of a Visa card with a Bitcoin logo. I don't know how that would work. It's like making up money out of thin air. Yes, I know the government does the same thing, but I'm surprised this can happen.
BitPay – Get Started with Bitcoin Payments

Last edited:
i've really had a lot of fun getting into the cryptos. i'm actually bummed i didn't get into this stuff much earlier. trading is fun.

it's interesting reading about different use cases for blockchain technology and hedging bets on the alt-coins.

i'm sure it'll be much less fun when it crashes and i start losing money, but right now this shit is crazy exciting.

Bitcoin seems to be driving technology. I don't care if it goes to $0 or $1million -- I can at least benefit from that aspect of it.

As long as the waste heat can be utilized, then it's a million times better than just running an electric heater. I seriously doubt it is economically feasible if you also need to run air conditioners.

ITT: SuperTrap mad he didn't buy in.

Just hit new milestone ATH of $10,000 about an hour ago and is already pumping past $10,200.

up another 300 since my last post yall squabblin' niggaz missing out

DPrkSE7WAAETgJ1.jpg

how the fuk is ram that i bought over a year ago more than double the price now

can i blame bitcoin and cellphones for hogging all the rams

that would be great

Say I have access to a couple of 45u racks. What if I purchased some old HP gen 7 DL580's on the cheap and loaded up all those PCI slots with modern GPU's. I have the space and cooling to run multiple racks at home. How many coins (flavor of the month) could one expect?

I know what I can purchase and setup, but the part I cannot figure out is how many coins I could expect in return. I see these custom setups that seem woefully inadequate in what they can do per box. Trying to up the game here for home setups.

I guess the biggest question is do I have the guts to take the plunge. I have access to the money and talent to turn my basement into a farm. Question is do I want to? I've researched this several time the past year or so and keep pushing it out. Longer anyone waits the more its becomes less of a golden goose.

Like all investments nobody can predict the future.

Back