Page 1 of 2
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 11-18-2017, 09:58
Malcolm Young, AC/DC Guitarist and Co-Founder, Dead at 64 - Rolling Stone

Quote:
Malcolm Young, guitarist and co-founder of AC/DC, died Saturday at the age of 64. Young had been suffering with dementia for the past three years, an illness that forced his retirement from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted band he founded with his brother Angus Young in 1973.

RELATED

AC/DC's Angus Young Talks Retirement, Malcolm Young Health Update
Guitarist opens up about enlisting Axl Rose and fate of legendary hard rock band
"Today it is with deep heartfelt sadness that AC/DC has to announce the passing of Malcolm Young," AC/DC wrote in a statement.

"Malcolm, along with Angus, was the founder and creator of AC/DC. With enormous dedication and commitment he was the driving force behind the band. As a guitarist, songwriter and visionary he was a perfectionist and a unique man. He always stuck to his guns and did and said exactly what he wanted. He took great pride in all that he endeavored. His loyalty to the fans was unsurpassed."

Angus Young added, "As his brother it is hard to express in words what he has meant to me during my life, the bond we had was unique and very special. He leaves behind an enormous legacy that will live on forever. Malcolm, job well done."

The Young brothers lost their older brother George Young, the Easybeats guitarist and AC/DC's longtime producer, in October at the age of 70.

In an additional statement from Malcolm Young's family, the band said that Malcolm Young died peacefully Saturday with his family by his side.

"Renowned for his musical prowess, Malcolm was a songwriter, guitarist, performer, producer and visionary who inspired many," the statement said. "From the outset, he knew what he wanted to achieve and, along with his younger brother, took to the world stage giving their all at every show. Nothing less would do for their fans."

As rhythm guitarist for the legendary rock band, Malcolm Young served as an indispensable foil to Angus Young's arena-stuffing riffs. After forming AC/DC in 1973, the Young brothers would be credited as co-writers on every song the band recorded from their 1975 debut High Voltage through 2014's Rock or Bust. That final album marked AC/DC's first without Malcolm, who announced in September 2014 that he would permanently leave the band due to dementia.

"We miss Malcolm, obviously," AC/DC singer Brian Johnson said in July 2014. "He's a fighter. He's in [the] hospital, but he's a fighter. We've got our fingers crossed that he'll get strong again... Stevie, Malcolm's nephew, was magnificent, but when you're recording with this thing hanging over you and your work mate isn't well, it's difficult. But I'm sure [Malcolm] was rooting for us."

Malcolm Young last performed live with AC/DC when their tour for 2008's Black Ice concluded in June 2010 with a concert in Bilbao, Spain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sUXMzkh-jI

Sponsored Links
AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 11-18-2017, 10:01
Rip

Elvis Hitler
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 11-18-2017, 10:35
...and nothing of value was lost.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 11-18-2017, 10:44
Value.. no. Head banging rock god.. yes

savage inuit
VeteranX
Old
5 - 11-18-2017, 10:52
We salute you.

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 11-18-2017, 10:59
Yes we do

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 11-18-2017, 11:00
Great, now their overplayed bull**** is going to get played even more.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 11-18-2017, 11:10
AC/DC are rock Gods.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 11-18-2017, 11:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGftIcp2SC0

Ruling the world with 3 chords

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 11-18-2017, 11:50
As far as "Malcolm" songs goes....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3nEAmt5AZ8

He was the engine of that band. It's been sad to see his decline, but it comes to all. This just a few weeks after his older brother, George passed away - himself one of the statesmen of the Australian rock scene.

Sad days.

savage inuit
VeteranX
Old
11 - 11-18-2017, 12:18
there***8217;s 2 types of people on this planet. the type that likes AC/DC and ******s

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 11-18-2017, 12:24
What about people that like AC/Dc but are tired of hearing their music in every movie/commercial/rock station every 15 minutes?

savage inuit
VeteranX
Old
13 - 11-18-2017, 12:34
Stop listening to radio and don***8217;t watch TV?

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 11-18-2017, 12:39
But what about movies?

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
15 - 11-18-2017, 12:47
I find myself listening mostly to their earlier records, like powerage. Angus got all the attention, but Malcolm was the guy that came up with the riffs. He was the perfect band mate, willing to let someone else get the glory while being the true king behind the throne.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 11-18-2017, 14:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Gwr-VrNFM

Infernus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
17 - 11-18-2017, 14:15
He was probably in another dimension by the time he died. Living with dementia for 3 years had to have been hell. I would've killed myself long before that.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
18 - 11-18-2017, 14:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernus View Post
He was probably in another dimension by the time he died. Living with dementia for 3 years had to have been hell. I would've killed myself long before that.
Cocaine is a hell of a drug rip

Chrom
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 11-18-2017, 14:55
Rock in Peace Malcolm.

A true hero and a huge influence on my guitar learnings.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 11-18-2017, 15:09
RIP. These rock gods die in their 60s.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page R.I.P Malcolm Young

Social Website Bullshit