Learning Guitar

my two cents would be to start with acoustic, easier to get the foundations down

also, go to your local guitar shops and try out guitars before making a purchase, how the guitar feels in your hands really makes a ton of difference

i own three guitars and when friends come over they all want to play the "cheap" fender acoustic. you can get a nice one for ~$400

No matter what you buy... have it set up by someone who knows what they are doing. Costs about 40-50 bucks. A brand new guitar still needs to be adjusted

Like guns.. no one has just one

YfIwwC7.jpg

Last edited:
i mean all you really need is an allen key and just half turn the bolt on the neck to get better action
i wouldnt pay 40 bucks

I started with a classical guitar because the what my teacher was really good at. Afater my grandmother died she left me aot of money so I bought a nice electric but learning how to finger pick is really key. You should pm gigs.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

once you get basic chords down and learning how to smoothly go from one chord to the next i would practice plucking chords
i never knew eddie vedder was so good at plucking chords

No matter what you buy... have it set up by someone who knows what they are doing. Costs about 40-50 bucks. A brand new guitar still needs to be adjusted

Like guns.. no one has just one

YfIwwC7.jpg

that les paul is fucking sick

that classic slash style sunburst is my dream guitar

i mean all you really need is an allen key and just half turn the bolt on the neck to get better action
i wouldnt pay 40 bucks

I do my own and it is a little more involved than that.

I mean if you are new. I wouldn't recommend tweaking on your first guitar. Let someone set it up right for you. Nothing kills a new player faster than the wrong strings and high action on an acoustic.

I dunno if he never played guitar before so something like adjusting the action and fucking with the truss rod might bit much to handle

Also look on Craiglist or kijiji for a guitar, but take someone with you who knows them to see if you're getting screwed. I got a made in America telecaster for $850 when they retail around here for like 1800-2200

Can't see it very well but that is a Baby Taylor acoustic in the back. I got it for 70 bucks at a swap meet. Little, but I love playing it

that les paul is fucking sick

that classic slash style sunburst is my dream guitar

Try an Agile knock-off

al3200mcccsbfgoldhw1.jpg

I have a lefty version.. neck-through, solid mahogany (heavy as fuck), ebony fretboard, bound all 'round. One of the pots is a little scratchy on mine but that's a cheap fix and otherwise, it's awesome.

Edit:Looks like they've changed the product lineup around a little.. that one there ain't bad.. though I personally prefer chrome hardware to the gold...

Last edited:
Rocksmith had been working for me... then I fucked up my hand...

but all youre doing with Rocksmith is playing tabs with a nifty GUI

Get an electric, you are old and got nothing to prove. Hating life trying to get used to an acoustic is dumb at this point.

Learn some power chords, jam some songs you like.

watch youtube videos and learn more songs.

Start being that dude that sings songs when friends are over, they begin to resent you and stop coming over. More time to practice.

and yeah agile a good pick. Or just buy some $200 garbage kit from Guitar Center and plan to replace it in like 6 months.

obviously there is different bridges and more to it than that bro dont get so aggro in my safe space im trigged

rheee

My favorite strings were Alchemy acoustic. I liked the hexagon cores, felt they resonated and played all sexy like. Havent seen them around lately.

Back