Had a health scare/eye-opener - 32 y/o male by |R|u|s|t|y| - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Had a health scare/eye-opener - 32 y/o male
Page 3 of 7
ajs123
VeteranX
Old
41 - 10-11-2017, 20:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown View Post
uh high potassium has all of those symptoms

Muscle fatigue
Weakness
Paralysis
Abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias)
Nausea

maybe hes a diabetic or he pushed his kidneys to rhab lmao
hyperkalemia - most concerning is the arrythmia - most patients are asymptomatic when they are hyperkalemic. it's deadly. usually caused by underlying chronic kidney disease from long standing and poorly treated hypertension or diabetes.

Sponsored Links
ajs123
VeteranX
Old
42 - 10-11-2017, 21:00
Quote:
y would u go into nephrology right now

srs
Because owning an HD center is good money. Working for a nephrologist that owns an HD center is **** money.

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
43 - 10-11-2017, 21:01
i wasnt hatin

i was just curious

|R|u|s|t|y|
VeteranXX
Old
44 - 10-11-2017, 21:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs123 View Post
hyperkalemia - most concerning is the arrythmia - most patients are asymptomatic when they are hyperkalemic. it's deadly. usually caused by underlying chronic kidney disease from long standing and poorly treated hypertension or diabetes.
these symptoms though have only been clear the past few days after a long weekend with the family followed by a long drive home and a cpl drinks followed by long days at work of stress, drinking, way too much coffee, etc...

if these symptoms appeared out of nowhere without any of the obvious causes, I might consider something like 'high potassium', but I think the clearest causes are generally the silver bullet.

who knows though..maybe in a few months i'll be extremely healthy and have turned it around 180 degrees and if it happens again, maybe the doctor will say i should stay away from bananas like the plague!

ajs123
VeteranX
Old
45 - 10-11-2017, 21:02
Quote:
i wasnt hatin

i was just curious
It's a good question...

Nephrology fellowship positions today are wide open. Programs aren't filling... for the reasons you are probably privy too. Managed care doesn't pay much.

wtf eat apples
VeteranXX
Old
46 - 10-11-2017, 21:02
Thats pretty ****ty. Good thing you are able to turn it around tho.
Im 33 and my health is starting to decline faster and faster. Ive had lots of serious injurys already and now they are taking a toll on my body. Ive already lived an amazing life and experianced many amazing things.

ps, be very careful when you start taking that medication. Depending on what dose they start you at it can drop you bp too much.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
47 - 10-11-2017, 21:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
I hate to be the the one to break it to you but everyone here is 10-20 years away from being me.
maybe if I suffer a traumatic brain injury or two

maybe

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 10-11-2017, 21:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by |R|u|s|t|y| View Post
these symptoms though have only been clear the past few days after a long weekend with the family followed by a long drive home and a cpl drinks followed by long days at work of stress, drinking, way too much coffee, etc...

if these symptoms appeared out of nowhere without any of the obvious causes, I might consider something like 'high potassium', but I think the clearest causes are generally the silver bullet.

who knows though..maybe in a few months i'll be extremely healthy and have turned it around 180 degrees and if it happens again, maybe the doctor will say i should stay away from bananas like the plague!
Start a food log. One week, write everything down. What you eat and how much of it. Then Google the **** out of it and break down your daily macros and minerals intake. I bet $20 that the problem will be painfully evident.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
49 - 10-11-2017, 21:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
I hate to be the the one to break it to you but everyone here is 10-20 years away from being me.
/QUOTE]

maybe if I have a traumatic brain injury or two

maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
maybe if I suffer a traumatic brain injury or two

maybe
maybe

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
50 - 10-11-2017, 21:15
hey dip****s, this is why you get life insurance when you're young and healthy

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
51 - 10-11-2017, 21:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
hey dip****s, this is why you get life insurance when you're young and healthy
and LTD. and save every dime.

|R|u|s|t|y|
VeteranXX
Old
52 - 10-11-2017, 21:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Start a food log. One week, write everything down. What you eat and how much of it. Then Google the **** out of it and break down your daily macros and minerals intake. I bet $20 that the problem will be painfully evident.
thats a good idea thanks

T2-JesusChrist
Veteran++
Old
53 - 10-11-2017, 21:34
Rusty, I suggest you start eating once a day, drop all the foods with added sugar (sweets, etc.), alcohol, foods with a lot of carbohydrates, and then start eating high-fat/protein foods and a lot of vegetables. It will help your insulin sensitivity and therefore blood sugar, weight, concentration. It would make food taste better and you will have more time. I'd really research that if I were you, and see how to adapt it with your health issues. I've been eating like that for half a year and dropped added sugar food like 1 month+ ago, I feel great.

Last edited by T2-JesusChrist; 10-11-2017 at 21:42..
bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
54 - 10-11-2017, 21:35
judging from that picture your iq looks to be about 83, you're almost identical to the wee-brain that lives in my building minus the hunchback

|R|u|s|t|y|
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 10-11-2017, 21:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2-JesusChrist View Post
Rusty, I suggest you start eating once a day, drop all the foods with added sugar (sweets, etc.), alcohol, foods with a lot of carbohydrates, and then start eating high-fat/protein foods and a lot of vegetables. It will help your insulin sensitivity and therefore blood sugar, weight, concentration. It would make food taste better and you will have more time. I'd really research that if I were you, and see how to adapt it with your health issues. I've been eating like that for half a year and dropped added sugar food like 1 month+ ago, I feel great.
ok, good advice, thank you - this is probably a good time to start investing myself into understanding what is good and bad for me as, up to this point, i have paid zero attention to it my entire life.

T2-JesusChrist
Veteran++
Old
56 - 10-11-2017, 21:56

Last edited by T2-JesusChrist; 06-18-2023 at 03:19..
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
57 - 10-11-2017, 21:57
Get rid of sodium/caffeine/nicotine/booze for two weeks. Drink water as your main source of hydration. It will probably drop by 20-30 points or more in two weeks. Don't hop on the BP meds if you can help it. **** is not needed if you can do it with eating changes. After the two weeks, add some extra exercise. Like - start riding a bike or swimming or something. Lose some body fat. Profit.

Last edited by Brasstax; 10-11-2017 at 22:13..
T-Dawg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
58 - 10-11-2017, 22:11
Don't die we are losing too many TeeDubya punching bags.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
59 - 10-11-2017, 22:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
Get rid of sodium/caffeine/nicotine/booze for two weeks. Drink water as your main source of hydration. It will probably drop by 20-30 points or more in two weeks. Don't hop on the BP meds if you can help it. **** is not needed if you can do it with eating changes. After the two weeks, add some extra exercise. Like - start riding a bike or swimming or something. Loose some body fat. Profit.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
60 - 10-11-2017, 22:41
Good timing. New today

Do You Really Need Long-Term-Disability Insurance? : Shots - Health News : NPR

Page 3 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Had a health scare/eye-opener - 32 y/o male

Social Website Bullshit