I've watched all three lotr movies once a year for the last 12 years

SirBatesAlot

Veteran X
Recently I've watched them all on blu ray extended edition which is the real way to watch. I typically eat a whole pie of pizza and drink two bottles of wine during the 12 hr marathon. Other than the og star wars movies, I don't marathon watch any other series.

annual tradition here to marathon all 3 EEs with the gf around xmas time

favorite movies of all time

i'll do this every year until i die

I think they're better than the books, but I might be in the minority on that one. In total I've seen them through in one sitting probably 15 or 16 times. It's just fun to pick a day and devote it to middle earth.

Also wtf is EEs

Me and my daughter do the same thing with lotr and yes, the extended cuts are the only way to watch.

I will probably do it on the first weekend it rains.

What is LOTR?

What is EE?

What about the three Indiana Jones?

A nice marathon is a Tarantino fest or Clint Eastwood westerns

I tend to re-read the books every year or two. Feels like slipping on a comfy pair of shoes

have only seen the movies once, and never the extended editions

I just don't think I could sit on my ass for that long...maybe one per evening over a weekend...still sounds mind blowingly dull

some trilogies and duos I regularly watch each year are

ghostbusters 1/2
terminator 1/2
rambo 1-3
rocky 1-4
karate kid 1-3
alien/aliens

also watch most of Arnold's films each year

lying on the couch, my blouse is open, i'm watching LOTR, i'm eating a tub of Häagen-Dazs, i go to the bathroom, and all the farts i've been holding in for the week, just let them out. i don't care.

I rewatched Fellowship this year and I was disappoint.

In retrospect the movies are terribad. Not on Star Wars I-III terribad, but terribad nonetheless.

Back