Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
321 - 09-29-2017, 10:17
This guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2-JesusChrist View Post
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools***8230; how I pity them. ***55357;***56834; And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Last edited by Plasmatic; 09-29-2017 at 10:19..
Sponsored Links
savage inuit
VeteranX
Old
322 - 10-02-2017, 00:47
great episode but what the **** kind of ending was that

Mogs
VeteranXX
Old
323 - 10-02-2017, 01:00
GEEEEEEEEE ED

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
324 - 10-02-2017, 01:37
Tammy and Phoenix person really came in for the clutch!

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
325 - 10-02-2017, 01:47
great ep

really enjoyed every ep this season cept the 2nd to last one

Zomnivore
Veteran4
Old
326 - 10-02-2017, 02:28
I'm pretty disappointed they decided to wrap up the divorce in such a matter a fact way.

I guess I liked the more serious turn they took. Looks like a decision to dial it back a little. Oh well. Still love the show.

Last edited by Zomnivore; 10-02-2017 at 02:35..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
327 - 10-02-2017, 11:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xByOquLun6o

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
328 - 10-02-2017, 11:30
I was not a fan of the last episode seemed like a cop out and lots of easy jokes.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
329 - 10-09-2017, 11:25

Quote:
People are furious at McDonald's after it brought back Szechuan McNugget sauce ***8212; but not enough for 'Rick and Morty' fans

McDonald's faced the fury of fans of the cartoon "Rick and Morty" when the fast-food chain failed to provide a sufficient amount of Szechuan McNugget sauce on Saturday.

On Saturday, October 7, select McDonald's locations across the country gave away Szechuan Sauce, in response to an avalanche of demands from fans of the Adult Swim cartoon.

However, demand for the sauce far exceeded the supply.

Yet many failed to receive the message, with dozens of people crowding inside the fast-food location and lining up outside in hopes of getting either a "Rick and Morty" poster or a packet of the Szechuan sauce.

Even as some people realized that only 10 posters were available and 20 to 40 sauce packets per location (reports varied), more and more people joined the crowd, hoping for some sauce of their own.

"I left Comic Con for this," one woman in a "Szechuan Dipping Sauce" t-shirt sadly told Business Insider.

One couple said they had been told, essentially, to "f--- off" after trying to get in line for the sauce at noon. Upon returning closer to 2 p.m., they were told that all the sauce had been claimed.

Similar situations were taking place across the country, with enormous crowds of "Rick and Morty" fans showing up only to be told that there were only 20 sauce packets available.

People were outraged to find exactly how limited McDonald's "really, really limited" roll-out of the sauce actually was.

"The best fans in the multiverse showed us what they got today," McDonald's tweeted Saturday afternoon. "We hear you & we're sorry not everyone could get some super-limited Szechuan."

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
330 - 10-09-2017, 11:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2-JesusChrist View Post
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools… how I pity them. ***128514; And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
LOL

T2-JesusChrist
Veteran++
Old
331 - 10-09-2017, 18:23
You have to be VERY smart to watch this show guys

I WANT MY SZECHUAN SAUCE!!!! FREAKOUT!!!! (ORIGINAL VIDEO) - YouTube

savage inuit
VeteranX
Old
332 - 10-09-2017, 19:19
What in the ****