Sarcasm vs. People w/ no sense of humor by |R|u|s|t|y| - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Sarcasm vs. People w/ no sense of humor
Page 3 of 3
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
41 - 09-28-2017, 22:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by |R|u|s|t|y| View Post
All Tribal-history aside, i have a strong tendency to rub people the wrong way with my sense of humor. I've been told that I'm extremely sarcastic and people dont get it and it makes me wonder if people just don't understand my jokes or if the things i say are real dickhead things to say....

tonight was a perfect example...

At the leasing office for our complex there was some kind of event with a radio station and they were doing a raffle. They pulled out the name Brian Dupree and when they announced it, noone responded. The raffle person looked around and this indian guy sitting down moved around and the raffle person said 'are you Brian Dupree?' and the indian guy smiled and shook his head.

I thought it was funny, so I said 'Well you look like a Brian Dupree!' and noone laughed and the indian guy gave me like a solid death stare for like 10 full seconds. I figured it wasn't going to get any better so I left...

Is that not funny??? Does noone get the sarcasm??? Maybe I'm only funny to me???

wtf
People don't 'get it' because sarcasm relies a lot on tone and inflection of voice. It doesn't translate well to text

Sponsored Links
Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
42 - 09-28-2017, 22:13
maybe it was bryan dupreet.

AMIRITE???

aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 09-29-2017, 00:24
rusty is my favorite village idiot

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
44 - 09-29-2017, 00:47
Juggernaut is right (wow). All in the tone and timing. If you nailed that then GG Sir and definitely would have got a laugh from me.

Anyone who thinks this is offensive or racist needs to give themselves a stern talking to, what a surprise Belial is one of them, world class self-absorbed dickbox.

On this occasion I would have probably gone with "I'm Brian and so's my wife". Nobody would have got it though, crickets, tumbleweed etc...

GreyGhost
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 09-29-2017, 01:04
have you been skipping your meds?

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
46 - 09-29-2017, 01:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
have you been skipping your meds?
Why? Does that post read like my cholesterol is up?

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
47 - 09-29-2017, 01:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
Juggernaut is right (wow). All in the tone and timing. If you nailed that then GG Sir and definitely would have got a laugh from me.

Anyone who thinks this is offensive or racist needs to give themselves a stern talking to, what a surprise Belial is one of them, world class self-absorbed dickbox.

On this occasion I would have probably gone with "I'm Brian and so's my wife". Nobody would have got it though, crickets, tumbleweed etc...
desperate to get a dig in on me

i find it neither offensive nor racist

it's just really lame humor, which i suppose is why you enjoy it

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
48 - 09-29-2017, 01:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLiaL View Post
desperate to get a dig in on me

i find it neither offensive nor racist

it's just really lame humor, which i suppose is why you enjoy it
What's lame about it. If the timing was on it's undeniably funny. What sort of thing do you find funny?

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
49 - 09-29-2017, 01:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dance View Post
Rusty, you should have responded, "You look more like a Cajun Teepee than a Brian Dupree! So sit your ass down and become heapum quiet there Tonto."
This deserves another creepy longing look.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 09-29-2017, 01:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dance View Post
Rusty, you should have responded, "You look more like a Cajun Teepee than a Brian Dupree! So sit your ass down and become heapum quiet there Tonto."
welcome 2 my sig

Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 09-29-2017, 08:23
That wasn't sarcasm that was being a dick

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
52 - 09-29-2017, 10:57
Quote:
At the leasing office for our complex there was some kind of event with a radio station
Well that right there's step one on the 'bad call' meter. You're not in a bar, people aren't drunk. You're not at a comedy show, where people have gone for laughs. You're at some OB for a radio station where people are going to see the 'talent' and/or win a prize.

Step two is making a joke that's not nearly funny enough to overcome its offensiveness. Racist comedy (dress it up any way you want, that's what you were attempting) can be done, and can be funny... but you need to know the audience, and it needs to be good enough to get over the 'hump of offense'. If you can't get the joke over the hill, it's just going to fall over. If it's got the legs, it's a downhill run and people will laugh at the simple fact that people are laughing at it.

In short: Sarcasm is easy, but you still ****ed it up.

Page 3 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Sarcasm vs. People w/ no sense of humor

Social Website Bullshit