Is the NFL/NBA taking a hit on viewership? by JuggerNaught - Page 7 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Is the NFL/NBA taking a hit on viewership?
Page 7 of 70
coombz
VeteranXX
Old
121 - 09-25-2017, 23:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
did you just compare praying to an imaginary friend with pledging your allegiance to the flag?
they're both equally ridiculous to anyone who didn't grow up being indoctrinated into flag worship

so much of your schooling in the US is brainwashing, surely this isn't new news to you?

Sponsored Links
SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
122 - 09-25-2017, 23:22
No dude.. they are not the same for ****s sake

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
123 - 09-25-2017, 23:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jimmy Pop View Post
You were military, could you say whatever you wanted when representing the Army? Sgt Lemon Had restrictions on what he could or could not say. Mr lemon had very few. Do you even grasp what I am trying to convey? Should I post slower?

Sgt Lemonhead lost his legs in service to that flag, why won't he stand for the anthem?

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
124 - 09-25-2017, 23:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontw View Post
He ended up somewhat apologizing for it, because he doesn't want to create divisiveness on his team. He said he just happened to be outside of the hallway when it started and he didn't want to move.

Not sure if he's a *****, caved to pressure, or both.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
125 - 09-25-2017, 23:59
***** for sure.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
126 - 09-26-2017, 00:09
Okay so he ran too far and never intended to be out there by himself. He respects other people kneeling.

His true feelings came out when he instinctively stopped and addressed the flag. Well trained.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
127 - 09-26-2017, 00:14
oh but the popularity contest aspect cannot be ignored lol jesus christ people.. have some pride

Quote:
“As a team, it was not a protest of the flag or the anthem. I personally don’t believe the anthem is ever the time to make any type of protest,” Roethlisberger said. “For me, and many others on my team and around the league, it is a tribute to those who commit to serve and protect our country, current and past, especially the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice.”
Ben Roethlisberger says he regrets not standing on field during national anthem | Fox News

He regrets that it played out the way it did and he missed the limelight/jersey sales

motoxbudd
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
128 - 09-26-2017, 00:16
Quote:
Here's what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:
The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

Fling
VeteranXX
Old
129 - 09-26-2017, 00:25
Quote:
No dude.. they are not the same for ****s sake
Wait, why aren't they the same?

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
130 - 09-26-2017, 00:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fling View Post
Wait, why aren't they the same?
Why is the Pledge of Allegiance not the same as the lord's prayer?

Is that the question?

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
131 - 09-26-2017, 00:43

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
132 - 09-26-2017, 01:01
Quote:
***** for sure.
caved like a ****

some time to be alive when a veteran now has to apologize to anyone, especially his team, for going outside and standing for the national anthem for the nation he served and continues to serve

speaking of *****ing out

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
133 - 09-26-2017, 01:05
Quote:
Sorry for cornering you Tele, it's okay to like what Trump said, nonetheless you know what he did was wrong and very much unconstitutional. Take a deep breath and just admit it.
this is what i am seeing right now

you don't get to have all of these opinions at one time

you either bake the ****ing cake or get fired

or you don't have to

you don't get to pick what offends you all the time and use that as dictation for what others have to do

i can't begin to express how happy it makes me to see people forced to confront this reality at long last

the rest really doesn't matter to me

cael
VeteranXX
Old
134 - 09-26-2017, 01:05

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
135 - 09-26-2017, 01:08
Quote:
Honestly captain Tele, do you think what Trump said was unconstitutional when he said it as the president of the United States?
the current 2nd amendment argument is that Trump can't fire or imprison you for what you say

that isn't happening.......that isn't a thing

this isn't North Korea or Russia

but for Trump to suggest that the bull**** in the NFL and ESPN is worthy of being fired over..........as it was for every other pundit and broadcaster who spoke up on some controversial political position........isn't an active violation of any of that.

it was his opinion. he isn't pushing it. it is his ability to also speak freely. he has that right as well

what he said was a comment and at best a suggestion. it holds absolutely no authority or weight (as we can see by how defiant they are)

when he starts arresting them.......or incarcerating them for this......then that would be unconstitutional

until then it isn't.......

he is merely reminding us that only some positions are protected.......only some people, of certain protected classes, are allowed to speak their mind without being lynched and lampooned for it on public stage

this is what has to stop imo

or we need to accept that we have first class and second class citizens (and I don't mean just Trump and Hillary types)

Last edited by Captain Tele; 09-26-2017 at 01:20..
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
136 - 09-26-2017, 01:13
example

ESPN sued for wrongful termination by announcer after Venus Williams match call | Fox News

to say that venus williams uses guerrilla warfare isn't a stretch

but will get you fired

LMAO

meanwhile blacks are untouchable no matter what they say now

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
137 - 09-26-2017, 01:19
Trump Evangelical Adviser: NFL Kneelers Are Lucky They Aren***8217;t ***8216;Shot In The Head***8217; | HuffPost

We are so close... it is being flamed from all sides. It's almost like a concerted effort to trigger a race war.

Fling
VeteranXX
Old
138 - 09-26-2017, 01:20
Quote:
Why is the Pledge of Allegiance not the same as the lord's prayer?

Is that the question?
Yes, I think so.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
139 - 09-26-2017, 01:26
Well I am glad you admit to being a ****ing retard.

Pledging your allegiance to a flag and a country is you saying on your honor that you will defend and support your country.

The Lord's prayer is some make believe poem that teaches men how to kneel and confess your sins to some magic guy in the sky. It is a tutorial on prayer

Yeah, just a tad different

Last edited by SuperTrap; 09-26-2017 at 01:30..
SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
140 - 09-26-2017, 01:33
I am still in awe that someone would make the comparison and then someone else would push that comparison to a point someone else has to draw a ****ing map.

The **** you learn in school?

Page 7 of 70

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Is the NFL/NBA taking a hit on viewership?

Social Website Bullshit