Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Freedom of Speech gone in Australia
Page 1 of 4
EagleScream
VeteranX
Old
1 - 09-20-2017, 16:26
'I'm not afraid to stand up for my beliefs': Teen party entertainer 'let go' for same-sex marriage view hits back

September 20 2017 - 6:54AM

'I'm not afraid to stand up for my beliefs': Teen party entertainer 'let go' for same-sex marriage view hits back

A Christian kids entertainer who was fired from her Canberra job for saying she would vote 'no' in the same-sex marriage survey has hit back, saying she is "not afraid to stand up for my beliefs" and should not have lost her job.

The 18-year-old, who only identified herself as Madeline, was hired as a contractor and worked just two shifts for Capital Kids Parties in Canberra before she was "let go" on Sunday.

Madeline had updated her Facebook profile picture two weeks ago with a filter designed by the Coalition of Marriage that said "It's OK to VOTE NO".

Capital Kids Parties' owner, Madlin Sims, wrote her a private Facebook message on Sunday saying that "homophobic views being made public are detrimental to the business and don't align with my personal values or morals as the owner of the business".

"We have gay staff members, gay customers," she wrote. "CKP believes in equality for everybody."

In a public Facebook post later that day, Ms Sims wrote that she didn't want "homophobes working for me, especially in an environment with children".

"FYI this wasn't a 'you're voting no, you're fired' situation. There were prior conversations had. As a business that works with children of all kinds, we have a responsibility to working with vulnerable people," she wrote.

Madeline hit back on Tuesday, saying she was not a homophobe and should not have been fired for having an opinion.

"That is the point of this vote," she told conservative commentator Andrew Bolt on Sky News.

"This is a democracy and we were given the options and asked, as Australians, to vote yes or no and it is my opinion to vote no. And I don't think that my job should, you know, be taken away from me just because I have an opinion that someone disagrees with."

On Triple J's Hack program, she said she "loved everyone" but believed same-sex marriage would change the way things are done in schools and change adoption.

"I'm not afraid to stand up for my beliefs and being a Christian," she said.

"I simply can't vote yes without going against my God.

"If I'm attending a party and dressed up as Minnie Mouse and the child there is same-sex attracted I'm going to love that child like I would any other child."

She said she was blocked by Ms Sims after receiving the message and had no way of replying to explain her position.

On Tuesday night, Ms Sims posted another message on Facebook: "I risked my business and my integrity doing this but I don't really give a s--- because I can wake up tomorrow and marry any bloke I want".

Sponsored Links
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
2 - 09-20-2017, 16:29
gab, twitter sub with more free speech, just had their domain taken back by aussies too this week

entire world making what should be a laughable joke very real right now

not Australia but same idiocy....either way put another shrimp of the barbie

Last edited by Captain Tele; 09-20-2017 at 16:31..
Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 09-20-2017, 16:43

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
4 - 09-20-2017, 16:46
cute 1st grad info graphic libertarian neck beard kerosense

Quote:
BREAKING: Gab's domain registrar has given us 5 days to transfer our domain or they will seize it. The free and open web is in danger.

i couldn't understand why they were so hell bent on this before just now

US ready to 'hand over' the internet's naming system - BBC News

now I GET IT

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 09-20-2017, 16:47
They put bar codes on those survey forms, totally anonymous.

Zomnivore
Veteran4
Old
6 - 09-20-2017, 16:50
You should be able to vote however you want on a bill or any government thing without being fired.

That's ridiculous that she got fired and called a homophobe too I'd sue the person for libel.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
7 - 09-20-2017, 16:54
BAKE THE ****IN CAKE ******S

BAKE IT

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 09-20-2017, 17:42
The world is so ****ed up right now.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 09-20-2017, 17:47
I am not worried. Gloomy octopuses have showed up and are building Octlantis right off the coast of Australia. It will be a quick fight

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
10 - 09-20-2017, 18:02
What is the Upside Down called Down Under?

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 09-20-2017, 18:02
tbh i am shocked that freedom of speech was ever a thing in australia

i am glad they are working 2 bring themselves into alignment w/ my perception of them

cael
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 09-20-2017, 18:13
wow this is so ~outrageous~

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 09-20-2017, 18:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
no, the people listening don't believe in free speech, period

which is fine you don't have to. just own it.

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 09-20-2017, 19:11
kerosene old weird man resorting to ****posting tactics

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
15 - 09-20-2017, 19:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScream View Post

September 20 2017 - 6:54AM

A Christian kids entertainer who was fired from her Canberra job for saying she would vote 'no' in the same-sex marriage survey has hit back, saying she is "not afraid to stand up for my beliefs" and should not have lost her job.

The 18-year-old, who only identified herself as Madeline, was hired as a contractor and worked just two shifts for Capital Kids Parties in Canberra before she was "let go" on Sunday.

Madeline had updated her Facebook profile picture two weeks ago with a filter designed by the Coalition of Marriage that said "It's OK to VOTE NO".

Capital Kids Parties' owner, Madlin Sims, wrote her a private Facebook message on Sunday saying that "homophobic views being made public are detrimental to the business and don't align with my personal values or morals as the owner of the business".

"We have gay staff members, gay customers," she wrote. "CKP believes in equality for everybody."

In a public Facebook post later that day, Ms Sims wrote that she didn't want "homophobes working for me, especially in an environment with children".

"FYI this wasn't a 'you're voting no, you're fired' situation. There were prior conversations had. As a business that works with children of all kinds, we have a responsibility to working with vulnerable people," she wrote.

Madeline hit back on Tuesday, saying she was not a homophobe and should not have been fired for having an opinion.

"That is the point of this vote," she told conservative commentator Andrew Bolt on Sky News.

"This is a democracy and we were given the options and asked, as Australians, to vote yes or no and it is my opinion to vote no. And I don't think that my job should, you know, be taken away from me just because I have an opinion that someone disagrees with."

On Triple J's Hack program, she said she "loved everyone" but believed same-sex marriage would change the way things are done in schools and change adoption.

"I'm not afraid to stand up for my beliefs and being a Christian," she said.

"I simply can't vote yes without going against my God.

"If I'm attending a party and dressed up as Minnie Mouse and the child there is same-sex attracted I'm going to love that child like I would any other child."

She said she was blocked by Ms Sims after receiving the message and had no way of replying to explain her position.

On Tuesday night, Ms Sims posted another message on Facebook: "I risked my business and my integrity doing this but I don't really give a s--- because I can wake up tomorrow and marry any bloke I want".

Very very sad.

Unfortunately, by that definition, it's gone here in America also.

Quote:
UPDATE on Sept. 13, 2017: Student who targeted classmate for deportation no longer enrolled at Transylvania

A student at Transylvania University says the school refused to help her after she was targeted on Facebook by a fellow student because of her status under an Obama-era policy that allows the children of undocumented immigrants to stay in the United States for school and work.

In a phone interview, Garcia said President Seamus Carey told her that Ragg merely made a recommendation to his readers about how to respond to her profile, which does not violate Transy rules. Carey asked to meet with both students, which Garcia did, but Ragg declined.

When contacted through Facebook for a comment, Ragg responded: ***8220;Lexington Herald Leader is Fake News.***8221;

He did apparently speak with a website called The Narrative Times, which published excerpts of emails to him from Carey***8217;s office, requesting a conversation with him about the impact of social media. The Narrative Times wrote a story sympathetic to Ragg with the headline: ***8220;ILLEGAL ALIEN Boast***8217;s About Being Here ILLEGAL and Suddenly Get***8217;s A REALITY CHECK!***8221;
Transylvania senior targeted for deportation by another student over DACA | Lexington Herald Leader

Also, his facebook and twitter pages have been deactivated.

As others have pointed out, the freedom of speech means you can say your mind and commit no crime. It doesn't mean an employer or a school has to keep your racist ass on board.

This has been your race-war update, courtesy of Vanster. =)

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 09-20-2017, 20:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
no, the people listening don't believe in free speech, period

which is fine you don't have to. just own it.
It has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

Discrimination? There you go, but people are wrong in claiming freedom of speech (which Australia does not explicitly have, but the US 1st amendment wouldn't apply either).

***** all you want, but it is wrong. Freedom of speech does not apply between private employer and employee. Discrimination applies, not freedom of speech. If you think you can say anything and be free of consequences from others, you are very, very wrong.

Now, was there discrimination against their religious beliefs? That arguments holds some merit.

chaiwalla
VeteranX
Old
17 - 09-20-2017, 20:36
companies can sell slaves because the constitution and amendments do not apply

to them apparently or refuse female voting shareholders the right to vote

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
18 - 09-20-2017, 20:42
Seems like there is a conflict here. Equality is equality. Anything else is UN-equality. Let's imagine an employer in Aus saying - "You are fired because you are gay" - Same thing. people are ass hats and will do whatever they can get away with. best advice - keep politics out of work. STFU - work - make bank until you are old and want nothing more than peace and quiet. Relax. Die. The end.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 09-20-2017, 20:43
even on TW people aren't really so stupid as to not understand what freedom of speech means

trololololololo

except Eagles cream but he's a special case

groove
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 09-20-2017, 20:49
secret service censored YG's album cuz of trump song

YG : Secret Service Reached Out To Rapper | Billboard

ermagerd thought police

Page 1 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Freedom of Speech gone in Australia