Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] The Anglers Thread
Page 13 of 16
Travace
VeteranXV
Old
241 - 07-29-2017, 22:57
the tuna bite here in San Diego has been insane but i been too busy with work to get out :/. catching bass here and there but nothing crazy.

Sponsored Links
Odio
VeteranXV
Old
242 - 07-30-2017, 10:42
It's just too hot and humid down here to strap a camera to me during the summer

slush
VeteranX
Old
243 - 07-30-2017, 10:59
<><

Elvis Hitler
VeteranXX
Old
244 - 09-10-2017, 20:18
Had an insane morning crabbing off Point Roberts, WA today. 2 hour soak on 4 traps. First trap up was completely empty but the other 3 were just loaded with mostly keepers.

Celebrated with beers as we gleefully dispatched the crabs on the dock.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
245 - 09-10-2017, 20:41
nice, is it all dungeness there?

oh and red rock i guess

Elvis Hitler
VeteranXX
Old
246 - 09-12-2017, 21:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller View Post
nice, is it all dungeness there?

oh and red rock i guess
Out of the 30 odd we caught, I only saw only one red rock crab.

A lot of people poopoo red rock crab but I quite like it. The legs are smaller, but the claws are huge.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
247 - 09-15-2017, 08:54
been hitting a few dinks just about every day but the bass bite here is picking up. its that summer fall transition and the bass are starting to push the bait fish up so moving things are starting to hit. i got this girl at lake santee #5 pond she nailed the underspin on the drop but i missed the hook. then she came back for seconds and i dont miss twice ....

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
248 - 09-15-2017, 16:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Hitler View Post
Had an insane morning crabbing off Point Roberts, WA today. 2 hour soak on 4 traps. First trap up was completely empty but the other 3 were just loaded with mostly keepers.

Celebrated with beers as we gleefully dispatched the crabs on the dock.
this sounds like a real nice way to spend a day

not just any day but today......i am going to try to repeat this good time right now.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
249 - 09-15-2017, 17:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travace View Post
been hitting a few dinks just about every day but the bass bite here is picking up. its that summer fall transition and the bass are starting to push the bait fish up so moving things are starting to hit. i got this girl at lake santee #5 pond she nailed the underspin on the drop but i missed the hook. then she came back for seconds and i dont miss twice ....
[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/xcq345.jpg[IMG]
wtf "underspin on the drop" i don't understand fishing talk

Thingfish
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
250 - 09-15-2017, 17:12
Get on our level!!!111one

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
251 - 09-15-2017, 21:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edofnor View Post
wtf "underspin on the drop" i don't understand fishing talk
underspins are a specific type of lure that you put a soft plastic to that has a flashing blade that shines and draws in the fish. Underspins

on the drop means as you cast it out when it hits the water as it is dropping to the floor a fish bites it before you can start reeling it in.

Elvis Hitler
VeteranXX
Old
252 - 09-17-2017, 00:08
Out off Pt Roberts, WA this morning trawling for salmon with a guy I met last weekend while crabbing. Only got one pink but a good time was had. This guy is an ex-guide at several fishing lodges and just has encyclopedic knowledge of salmon. We're planning to go out again when I have some days off at the end of the month.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
253 - 09-17-2017, 06:11
Trolling, it's trolling. Something you should be very familiar with.

Unless you had nets out that is.

I always wanted to try this off the downrigger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evkMYh39krs

Also I bought another rod today, a light jig rod for snapper.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
254 - 09-19-2017, 08:11
starting the week off good again. broke my lake PB at santee again. 5lb. hit the underspin with the kietech paddle tail soft plastic. was proud of this one. felt that tap and i set that hook. got a perfect upper lip hook set. then she breached two times. i dipped the pole each time. she then got wrapped up in some weeds in the deep. felt like i was all of a sudden snagged. i was patient keeping tight line till i felt her move then i hammered down. she was about 3 ft out when she got stuck in the weeds again. i had to slowly pull her to the shore and i lipped her. man she was a really fun catch.

Elvis Hitler
VeteranXX
Old
255 - 09-23-2017, 22:41
Weather forecast is good for tomorrow, I got the green light. I'm going to meet my friend in Pt Roberts, WA tomorrow morning. We're going to rip up to the Sand Heads of the mouth of the Fraser to troll for salmon. Earlier this week my friend caught a 33lb chinook there. I'm not holding my breath for anything that big, but my fingers are crossed for some good luck.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
256 - 09-29-2017, 08:46
i have had a goal that i been trying to achive for a few months now but always get skunked on one of the days. the goal was. catch 5 bass from 5 different lakes 5 days in a row while having a full time job. remember i dont get morning bites. these are all after i get off work around 3pm till whenever the lakes close. super stoked to get thise goal done last week.

Monday-Lake Santee
Tuesday- Dixon
Wednesday- Lake Poway
Thursday- Lake Murray
Friday- Lake Discovery.

Now i gotta improve on this and do it with no dinks in the mix

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
257 - 10-21-2017, 12:11
swimbait season is starting here. got this 3lber on one. it also had a hook hanging out of its ass. we removed it prolly saving this fishes life

Thingfish
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
258 - 12-14-2017, 14:38
Lots and lots of medium-sized and below bass to be had here in Central Florida. The larger ones are harder to find right now. There is still a surface bite from time-to-time even in the cooler weather.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
259 - 02-13-2018, 08:58
So big things for me this year. This is the year i dial in my fishing from a boat skills. Then maybe some tournaments here and there as i just got this...

cant wait to get some bass on its deck.

Tic
VeteranXX
Old
260 - 02-13-2018, 13:13
I enjoy living vicariously through your posts, Trav.

Love fishing, been years since I went on an actual fishing TRIP....guess that's what happens when you have 3 kids under 5!

Curious - how far are you from the water? Here it is at least 1h drive to anything decent.

Page 13 of 16

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] The Anglers Thread

Social Website Bullshit