Bitcoin Mining

Unless you're living in a place where electricity costs 1000% more than everyone else, that statement just is not true. The equipment pays itself off in a few months using multi-algo pool mining, add an extra week in there to cover electricity cost over that period and you're profitable from then on out.

I've made about 250-270 bucks (equivalent in btc) since the beginning of August, and I've had equipment downtime due to hardware upgrades and a processor change (thermal paste set in period). Mid way through Oct all the equipment I purchased this year will have earned its keep.

Like I said, the information was based on my buddy....who could have just been an idiot and didn't set something up correctly.

I really want to try mining, as I have several laptops with decent gpu, as well as two desktops I could use as CPU miners...but I know very little about getting this going. :shrug: So I am trying to learn.

Like I said, the information was based on my buddy....who could have just been an idiot and didn't set something up correctly.

I really want to try mining, as I have several laptops with decent gpu, as well as two desktops I could use as CPU miners...but I know very little about getting this going. :shrug: So I am trying to learn.

join us in discord ( Discord ) and ask whatev, someone should be able to tell you if your hardware is worth the cost of mining on.

also try this WhatToMine - Crypto coins mining profit calculator compared to Ethereum

Last edited:
I SOLD MY FUCKIN' HOUSE, CAR, AND LIQUIDATED MY RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS TO BUY BITCOINS IN 2014 AND THE MARKET FUCKIN' CRASHED AND I LOST EVERYTHING!

BUT I'M BACK ON THAT TRAIN RIDING IT HARD AND HOPING FOR THE BEST. I'M DOWN TO ABOUT 5 PINTS OF BLOOD AND I'M FEELIN' REAL FUCKIN' WOOZY MOST OF THE TIME BUT I KNOW I CAN GET ENOUGH CASH TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN! I'LL BE RICH OFF THIS SHIT SOON ENOUGH!

8HCcMZE.gif

I SOLD MY FUCKIN' HOUSE, CAR, AND LIQUIDATED MY RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS TO BUY BITCOINS IN 2014 AND THE MARKET FUCKIN' CRASHED AND I LOST EVERYTHING!

BUT I'M BACK ON THAT TRAIN RIDING IT HARD AND HOPING FOR THE BEST. I'M DOWN TO ABOUT 5 PINTS OF BLOOD AND I'M FEELIN' REAL FUCKIN' WOOZY MOST OF THE TIME BUT I KNOW I CAN GET ENOUGH CASH TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN! I'LL BE RICH OFF THIS SHIT SOON ENOUGH!

lkBdxcK.png

fuk shoulda told me u were selling
i would have bought your btc =\

join us in discord ( Discord ) and ask whatev, someone should be able to tell you if your hardware is worth the cost of mining on.

also try this WhatToMine - Crypto coins mining profit calculator compared to Ethereum

Thanks for this.

Ethereum looks to be the easiest to start mining. Was able to get it all setup in just a few minutes. Unfortunately, this rig does not have a good enough graphics card (its an old desktop I have used for years), so I cannot mine Ethereum on it. But I at least figured out the setup....

Might be time to put the CAD workstations at work to something useful for a change.

Nightshift is looking like a good option, I wonder if they will notice how hot they are in the the morning :)

Back