[2017] Tribes1 Stuff - Full configs, add-ons and FAQ's by Groove - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page [2017] Tribes1 Stuff - Full configs, add-ons and FAQ's
Groove
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1 - 07-26-2017, 06:09 PM
Dare's 'Tribes Install Thread and Troubleshooting and INTERPOLATE' thread is very useful but its a little hard to follow and has a lot of old/dead links. So i'm making a new one - but its a work in progress, i'll add stuff and fill out missing parts over time. I'll probably remember my own stuff best - so feel free to point out other stuff that you guys think should be included.

BASIC, STOCK 1.40 DOWNLOAD
with fixes and maps - by Plasmatic:
[ATTENTION NEWCOMERS] DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION OF TRIBES IN HERE by Plasmatic

OTHER FULL CONFIG DOWNLOADS
(user-made configs)
(recent - kinda sorted by release date)

T1 Basic 2.0 (2017 edition) by Groove
Grey Config by Groove
Bins Aspie Config by Groove & Binswees (scriptGL config)
ProConfigVol2 and Setup Tips by Laughing-Stork
Moove Tribes by Milk-Man (scriptGL config)
(Dare's config) dis my tribe dl dare tribes by pancake
TRIBES 2015 by FSB-SPY
Tribes HD v2 by DaJ4ck3L
Config for Tribes Ascend players by AFireInAsas (scriptGL config)
2 Configs with AfterHope - No ScriptGL by Groove
Mini Milk-Man config by Groove (scriptGL config)

(older configs below here)

annihilation.info/tribes0
Tribes Full game Fully Patched by insurtia - TribalWar Forums
http://www.iateyourbaby.com/twdemos/...ibesConfig.zip
Tribes 1.40.655 file - Mod DB
Index of /downloads/TRIBES_Downloads/Tribes_1.40/Tribes1.40_GameDownloads/Tribes1.40_SS/Tribes1.40.HQ
Download Tribes

High Resolution skin add-on packs
Hi-Res Terrains: Index of /damaster/HD Collection/(8 bit) Terrains
Hi-Res Base textures: hires_textures.v2.32.zip (needs and includes the hi-res textures plugin and pluginloader)
Hi-Res Armors: Index of /damaster/HD Collection/HQ Base Armors
Misc skins and reticles: Index of /twdemos/Groove/skins

Plugins
[T1] Tribes 1 Plugins thread by Groove - TribalWar Forums
PluginLoader: rasadhlp_autopluginloader _v2.zip
PluginFIX: Tribes_win8or10_PluginFix _REG.zip (needed for plugins to work on windows 8 or higher)

Last edited by Groove; 10-08-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Groove
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
2 - 07-26-2017, 06:12 PM
Tribes 1 FAQ:

1) Does Tribes 1 work with Windows Vista/7/8/10?
- Older versions (pre-1.40) need the 'vista' fix, otherwise your mouse won't work. http://nofix.annihilation.info/tribesfiles/VistaMem.rar (extract mem.dll to your Tribes folder)
- Plugins need a registry patch to work in 7/8/10 Tribes_win8or10_PluginFix _REG.zip

2) Why does Tribes 1 mouse input feel so slow/soupy/wrong/(janky lol)?
- T1's 'VSYNC' setting does not work, and Tribes feels very bad with VSYNC on. turn off VSYNC globally in your graphics card options. If you're only getting 60 FPS in Tribes1, you're gonna have a bad time.

3) Do i need to use a 'modern' build of Tribes, or can i use my old config?
- you can use whatever you want. afaik no servers enforce any kind of client-version requirement. some servers may show 1.41 'afterhope' users, and scan them for cheats to prove you're a 'clean' player, but its not required.
- however, modern configs may run better on modern systems - try one out, you might like it!

4) I can load up Tribes, and my mouse works fine, but I dont see any game servers? whats up?
- you probably have old/dead master servers.
-New Master Server by pancake - TribalWar Forums

5) What are 'plugins'? How do i use them?
- Plugins are community-made .dlls that make changes to Tribes, kinda like a script or mod, but usually they make changes to the actual .exe. Instead of patching the .exe manually, we use 'plugins', which we store in a /plugins subfolder

we load plugins with another .dll we usually refer to as the 'pluginloader', made by NoFiX. this 'pluginloader' is called 'rasadhlp.dll' and is placed in the /Tribes folder with the .exe. older versions of rasadhlp.dll load plugins manually by adding switches to your Tribes.exe shortcut. newer versions automatically load all .dlls stored in /plugins.

6) What is 'scriptGL' and how are scriptGL configs different?
- scriptGL is a plugin made by greyhound that allows users/scripters to draw stuff on top of Tribes. It allows more freedom to use fancy fonts and do neat graphical stuff that was hard/impossible w/o it - but scriptGL is old now and unsupported, so it may not work properly with modern graphics drivers. symptoms of this may include crashes on Tribes startup, and text or grahpical glitches that may or may not flicker. if you have trouble with scriptGL configs, use one that doesn't have scriptGL

7) What is 'interpolate' or 'NetSet' ? is it legal/acceptable?
- yes, currently interpolate or 'netset' is 'legal' and 'acceptable' - if you want to use it, use it.
- 'interpolate' and 'predictforwardtime' were controversial netcode-related settings that determine how much Tribes interpolates data between known points (leading to 'smoother' player movement) and how much Tribes tries to predict where players will be. Changing these settings from stock became viewed as a cheat, so community patches like 1.30 locked these variables. later, 1.40 was released, which had a new method of prediction - it uses your ping to dynamically determine what the 'best' net-settings are. Some people don't like these values and wanted to change them again - so NoFiX made the 'NetSet' plugin, which once again allows end-users to set their own netsettings manually.

Last edited by Groove; 07-26-2017 at 09:35 PM.
Groove
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
3 - 07-26-2017, 06:13 PM
3rd post reserved for other ****

Laughing-Stork
VeteranX
Old
4 - 07-26-2017, 06:13 PM

vamp
Veteran