[MLB] 2016-2017 Off-Season

Red Sox activated 3B Pablo Sandoval from the 10-day disabled list; designated him for assignment.

Sandoval batted just .237/.286/.360 in three seasons with Boston after signing a five-year, $95 million contract, and he played just 35 games the last two years due to injury. He's still owed roughly $50 million through 2019 when you include his 2020 buyout, but the Red Sox are willing to eat that money in order to turn the page. Boston will roll with Tzu-Wei Lin and Deven Marrero at third base for now, but they'll undoubtedly be in the market for a third baseman ahead of the trade deadline. Sandoval will catch on somewhere, but he would certainly appear to be a longshot to be a productive major leaguer again. He'll turn 31 next month.

most dead money in mlb contract history for anyone not named josh hamilton

I'm the weird minority that thinks schwarber is overrated as duck and want to trade him away

He is a mediocre dh at best tbh

Lol rumour is Sonny gray for schwarber and or Baez Cubs have no prospects at this point so will have to be centered on the major league roster

Theo going full ham at deadline

some team is going to get J. D. Going to miss him in Detroit. Dude totally changes his swing/approach and is now one of the better hitters in the game, plus he's clutch as fuck.

rumor is the rockies are trying to get him

idk how they expect to sign him for more than a rental run if they make the deal :shrug:

cargo's bat dide right as he entered a contract year

also, raimel tapia is the only corner outfielder who hasn't spent time on the dl so far this year; writers say the team wants reliability, and they want to send arenado the message that they will get him a strong supporting cast so that he will stay in town

wow, Al Avila is out of his element.

2 weeks to go and he trades J.D. for basically another Dixon Machado. Tigers got fucking fleeced.

I don't think I've ever been more upset about a trade where the yankees get "now" players than this one. It's great to get now players when you're a now team. The 2017 yankees are NOT a now team, as is clearly evident by losing 20 out of 25 fucking games or whatever the fuck it is.

I have been secretly hoping they continue to tank for the exact reason a trade like this DOESN't fucking happen. Maybe they'll help the yankees finish in 3rd place. Terrific.

How is that worth one of your best prospects? It's just really frustrating after how well they did last trade deadline. I thought Cashman and the front office had really turned the corner and stopped only thinking about the season at hand.

And I could understand this move on a better team with just a few missing pieces. This team is a fucking disaster. Well that's not true, they're pretty good at everything except hitting, starting and relief pitching, running, and defense.

Great job undoing the progress that was made with such a shortsighted move. It's not like the top prospect they gave away was Mike Trout exactly but it's the fucking principle of it all.

Back