Spent some more time on my Lotus over the winter by DMAUL - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Spent some more time on my Lotus over the winter
Page 3 of 5
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
41 - 05-07-2017, 22:36
I spent 3 minutes taking off the hardtop today.

Sponsored Links
DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 05-07-2017, 22:47
That's the way to go. I only have the hardtop on when I have to

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
43 - 05-07-2017, 23:26
It was weird not having to watch out for the back of the head getting in.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
44 - 05-07-2017, 23:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
I spent 3 minutes taking off the hardtop today.
lol fancy car parked way out on the edge of parking lot, that's where i'm parking, right next to you.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 05-08-2017, 00:10
wow way 2b the typical Texas plate mega pickup parking lot jerk well let me tell u wat I'mma park my taco wagon in front of all y'all's jerkmobiles

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
46 - 05-08-2017, 22:02
I think these two laps will end up being my fastest of the day. The first lap is very ugly, never would guess it'd be fastest. But it has a line coming back up the main straight that I didn't use very much, maybe that is much faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qcP5EzqnVI

There was good news and bad news today. The good news is my cooling loop held up just fine, coolant @ 198-202, oil @ 230-239. Oil at 250+ is where I'd have to back off. The differential between coolant and oil means I could put in a bigger heat exchanger and bring the oil down if necessary.

The bad news is my brakes sucked a fat one. It's obvious in the videos that I'm letting off the throttle and braking way early. That's because I had a few ass clenching moments earlier in the day where ze brakes, zey did nothing. I don't know why. Short suspect list is pads didn't bed, warped disk(s), caliper knocking, ABS "ice mode", or just quick onset fade.

Some quick other notes: Suspension feels great, maybe understeering a bit, but that's what I was aiming for. My clutch pedal can get stuck if it flexes to the right, will need to fix this. My oil pressure/temp gauge was flashing all the time because apparently the flashing setting != the blinking setting?

In car footage being uploaded now

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 05-08-2017, 22:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoCTZjd-X_o

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 05-08-2017, 22:22
And this is what happens when you go to heel toe, miss the throttle, get your foot stuck between the brake and the throttle, and turn in without having shifted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYX0BYXmEWQ

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
49 - 05-08-2017, 23:07
Cool videos and nice driving

Is the car predictable at its limits? Did you have to get used to the fact its MR or does it not exhibit those behaviours as much?

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
50 - 05-08-2017, 23:19
The car was very unpredictable with the previous Bilstein track suspension. everything would seem fine, then it would suddenly get uneasy and if you didn't correct it immediately you were spinning.

with these Penskes it's a much more gentle rise towards uneasiness, you know it's not happy and can correct it before it gets worse. when I spun I knew it was coming, I had failed to brake enough and wasn't in gear, my goal was to scrub off speed by turning in. if I had been in gear it would have gone fine. I actually had that a couple times later due to the brake problem and it didn't get uneasy at all in gear.

it definitely takes getting used to because your natural reaction to the rear getting loose is to let off the throttle-- Lift Off, Then U Spin

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
51 - 05-09-2017, 00:03
Nice hobby.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
52 - 07-02-2017, 18:18
So - I just realized that the backs of our cars are one simple mod away from saying "POTUS" lol

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
53 - 07-02-2017, 18:29
Good time to bump. I did a track day today, ran with advanced for the first time. Did not spin. Will have video

Edit: My car doesn't have L O T U S on the back, so I am safe from POTUS defacing

Last edited by DMAUL; 07-02-2017 at 18:35..
arsin
Veteran++
Old
54 - 07-02-2017, 21:08
Got dam that was a helluva lot of work especially for a nub but GOT DAM you did it!

Hope you have a helluva lot of fun!

def
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 07-02-2017, 21:20
Nice mods nice vids. Don't lift and you won't spin (you coulda prevented that mishap above just getting on the gas even in the lower gear). I miss lotus tail braking, those cars are so capable and predictable based on throttle steering

Last edited by def; 07-02-2017 at 23:48..
Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
56 - 07-02-2017, 21:45
i hate you dmaul

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
57 - 07-03-2017, 11:45
Guy next to me was tracking a 240z, very sexy

I was on track with this thing, there will be 2 second glimpses of it in my video as he blows by me.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
58 - 07-03-2017, 14:40
I just came

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
59 - 07-03-2017, 21:58
I'd love to take a spin in a Caterham sp300r. Well, not into the infield but you know.... well maybe...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlXITo63tpQ

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
60 - 07-04-2017, 00:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yukUXD-4MXI

One of my faster laps. Unfortunately the camera battery died right before the last session. The early sessions I got very little free space. This might be the best lap I have on video.

I was 5 seconds faster than I was on this same track configuration last year. Still a lot of room for improvement, the video is full of mistakes and hesitations.

Page 3 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Spent some more time on my Lotus over the winter

Social Website Bullshit