Old
221 - 03-17-2017, 23:01
that's a serious looking lure.

Sponsored Links
Elvis Hitler
VeteranXX
Old
222 - 03-17-2017, 23:07
I really need to get out fishing. It's been way too long.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
223 - 03-18-2017, 09:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odio View Post
that's a serious looking lure.
it came in this months lucky tackle box bass xl. i really love it. 25 a month and 90% of what i get i like. dont always produce fish with everything i get but i enjoy throwing different things that i would never buy myself in the shops. sometimes i will take with me only what i got in the box and see if i can catch a bass. usually doesn't work out for me but this lure they slammed.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
224 - 03-29-2017, 08:21
got a couple nice bass on some new gear i got at the fred hall show that was this past weekend.

love catching this species so much.

Gorlax
VeteranXX
Old
225 - 03-29-2017, 15:22
You should really film your fishing trips

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
226 - 03-30-2017, 08:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlax View Post
You should really film your fishing trips
i have three vids with my phone of the release... all three are ****ed up 1 is in portrait mode not landscape. another is landscape but upside down. the last one i started the video before the phone switched so it ended up sideways in portrait mode. DOH!!!! one of these days ill wear a gopro and actually do it correctly.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
227 - 04-06-2017, 23:34
Got an absolute beauty today. Also my new PB for largemouth bass. 7lb

So i was throwing a Gantarel blue gill targeting a 3lb bass that was protecting a ball of fray. it acts exactly like a bass on a bed with the typical charge and mouth but no bite. Then out of the grass when it was maybe 10ft away i could see a different bass charge straight up and nail it. i didnt even have to set or anything. had no chance.
the swimbait i was using...

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
228 - 04-07-2017, 06:34
Nice

Jackall lures are some of the best I have used. Their soft plastics are fantastic.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
229 - 04-07-2017, 08:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
Nice

Jackall lures are some of the best I have used. Their soft plastics are fantastic.
i think im gonna pick up a deps next paycheck. they have really nice action on the sglides.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
230 - 04-24-2017, 21:26
i am absolutely in love with throwing large swimbaits right now. i might go a couple weeks without catching anything but overall the fish i am hooking up now are bigger.

today was awesome tho. i get off work head to the closest lake... Lake Murray. one guy is fishing the pier and offers me a live shiner. i normally never use live bait so i have never actually caught a bass with one. so i say **** it and tie up a #6 and nose hook that little ****er. soon i see a boil in the shallow. so i cast the live shiner to that area and it took less then a minute to hit. 5lb....

Then after that fun i start throwing my gantarel bluegill. maybe 30 mins into that ona slow retive i get nailed. shes pulling drag and feels decent. i get her about half way to me and she breaches.. like bass do. thats when she shook the hook and there was so much tension on my straight braid that the swimbait flys through the air and right under the pier she looked to be 7lb-10lb so now not only am i ****ting myself about possibly loosing a new PB but my 40 dollar swimbait. i lost the fish but not my swimbait.

fun times.

Last edited by Travace; 04-24-2017 at 21:28..
Thingfish
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
231 - 04-25-2017, 07:31
Travace is en fuego! The bite has been good in Florida this month as well. I caught 26 bass this past weekend (biggest was 5 lbs).

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
232 - 04-25-2017, 07:34
yea i been throwing more swimbaits so im actually catching less fish but when i do they are bigger. pre spawn ... spawn and post spawn bite is amazing.

Thingfish
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
233 - 04-25-2017, 08:55
We are post-spawn here. I leave the beds alone during the spawn, but post-spawn they're hungry as hell and all bets are off!

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
234 - 04-26-2017, 08:19
i have caught off beds before. when released right away they will go back to it.

its really not as fun tho. working a bass for 30 mins to a hour to get it to bite isnt that fun. you also get more males off beds so smaller anyway.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
235 - 06-13-2017, 08:55
was on a bad streak for a month and half then i started a new technique my buddy turned me on to..
4lb

and a 3.6

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
236 - 06-19-2017, 22:46
This bass was a fun catch. i was dropping a soft plastic between two boats where i had about 2feet between each. then i hooked her up. i thought i have no choice but too get her to come straight up. which she did but when she breached i lost her. So i tried again. next cast i hook up. this time she starts running out so im like screw it and start following her off to the T part of the dock that the boats tie too. then she starts going under the boat. so i think **** IT and jump in the boat get her to come out and lay over then i grabbed her with my fingers. 6.0lb on the dot and my new PB for that lake.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
237 - 06-19-2017, 22:58
I caught a nice doormat sized flounder today. Letting it brine overnight, going to smoke it for lunch tomorrow with my friend who also caught a good sized flounder.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
238 - 06-20-2017, 08:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odio View Post
I caught a nice doormat sized flounder today. Letting it brine overnight, going to smoke it for lunch tomorrow with my friend who also caught a good sized flounder.
I guess it is halibuit spawning season right now here. i should get out and try for them. that is some good eating

Elvis Hitler
VeteranXX
Old
239 - 07-29-2017, 16:37
It's an odd number year so the humpies will be running soon. I stocked up on some pink lures and pink yarn today. Gonna head up the Squamish or Cheakamus valleys next weekend.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
240 - 07-29-2017, 16:55
It's starting to cool off. So I should be able to start filming again soon.

Page 12 of 16

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] The Anglers Thread

Social Website Bullshit