Old
602 - 11-21-2016, 11:10
obama should have been passing free prozac laws for 8 years

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
603 - 11-21-2016, 11:12
Bikers for Trump have confirmed they'll be at the inauguration, will be curious to see how many rioters turn up to protest.

bam
VeteranXV
Old
604 - 11-21-2016, 11:39
I figured it was quite apparent we are heading into another recession.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
605 - 11-21-2016, 12:09
Good news everyone! Kayne West has cancelled his concert tour after saying he would have voted for Trump. Trump wins again!

Making music great again!

"Kanye West cancels remaining 21 dates in Saint Pablo tour, representative confirms - Pitchfork"

"Promoter Live Nation confirms remaining Kanye West tour dates cancelled, says 'refunds are being processed automatically' "

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
606 - 11-21-2016, 12:10
imma let you finish hillary

phaytal
VeteranXV
Old
607 - 11-21-2016, 12:20
ITT people that forgot that their premiums have gone up every year for, well, forever.

National average premium increases prior to ACA:

7.0% in 2000
8.6% in 2001
8.0% in 2002
8.0% in 2003
6.9% in 2004
6.0% in 2005
5.2% in 2006
5.2% in 2007
5.4% in 2008
3.3% in 2009
2.5% in 2010

bam
VeteranXV
Old
608 - 11-21-2016, 12:27
ACA was sold to a lot of people as a means of decreasing premiums. I guess you want to be a trite person, but whatever.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
609 - 11-21-2016, 12:36
anyone who would pay for a kanye west ticket is so ****ing dumb that they really don't deserve their money back. that, and they are probably on welfare/ebt. just give the money back to the taxpayers.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
610 - 11-21-2016, 12:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaytal View Post
ITT people that forgot that their premiums have gone up every year for, well, forever.

7.0% in 2000
8.6% in 2001
8.0% in 2002
8.0% in 2003
6.9% in 2004
6.0% in 2005
5.2% in 2006
5.2% in 2007
5.4% in 2008
3.3% in 2009
2.5% in 2010

So these numbers, which are sequentially decreasing for the most part, somehow justifies 25-50% increases per year to you?

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
611 - 11-21-2016, 12:39
Quote:

7.0% in 2000
8.6% in 2001
8.0% in 2002
8.0% in 2003
6.9% in 2004
6.0% in 2005
5.2% in 2006
5.2% in 2007
5.4% in 2008
3.3% in 2009
2.5% in 2010
So right before the ACA, premium increases were slowing down? ACA caused premium increases to rise drastically... ACA was bad for Americans.

[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
612 - 11-21-2016, 12:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
My health insurance is going up, and we're changing from BCBS to Continental (Aetna). Thanks Obama.
Old rate - $373 or $8,952 yearly
New rate - $464.95 or 11,158.8 yearly 3k deductible for family.
So much for health insurance being less than $2,400. That is for Laurie and myself. I'm sure we'll see posts from others with the same thing.
I straight up had my health insurance taken from me when my employer, who for all intents and purposes provided me with excellent health insurance, was forced to drop their entire part time worker base when the new government regulations on what constituted the governmental prescribed definition of 'health insurance' wasn't met.

January first of the year that that **** went into law I was dropped and forced to go to a, how many millions did they spend on that Healthcare.gov website back then? 30 million, 60 million, more? Which didn't work, and I must have created something like 15 accounts on the site (when the process failed the account name was registered but wouldn't allow you to access the sight from that user account, so you had to make a new one), just to SEE what I was being offered under Obamacare.

Turns out I was being asked to pay something like $500 a month, which I was paying somewhere around $100 for my previous insurance out of each paycheck, and that was for the "Bronze Plan", which had me somewhere around a $2500 deductible on pretty much everything.

At which point, unless something catastrophic happened, which thankfully didn't, I might just as well pay out of pocket, because I couldn't afford what was being offered. Unless I was cool with eating nothing but canned catfood and top ramen for the rest of my ****ing life. So I said **** it, and didn't sign up.

Then they started charging me an annual fee because I wasn't paying for the insurance.

And the quality of offerings has declined year after year in the wake of this ****.

This is the kind of **** that happens when the government tries and strong-arm an entire industry to their will. It does nothing good for anyone. Employers can't offer it, so they won't, and the only groups that are offering it are offering it at prices that no reasonable person can afford, and it leaves millions upon millions of working Americans who are just barely getting by to pay more into a system that offers little to nothing in return.

Even in countries where government run healthcare is the norm it's so ****ing obvious how downtrodden the people are in the wake of it. The taxes in countries that do this **** are un****ingreal. One of the strengths of America has always been it's ability to allow free markets to riddle this **** out. Yeah, it's not a perfect system, it's a persistent work in progress, but when it's left to do what it does best, it finds solutions that eventually pan out for everyone.

And everyone that points out the fact that these CEOs make millions of dollars - honestly, who gives a ****. If the Walmart CEO makes 20 million annually as his salary, and you say, "But that money should go to the hard working employees!" - okay, great, Walmart has somewhere around 2.1 million employees, if you took that 20 million and gave it away to all the employees and paid this guy literally nothing for what he does, then you just gave every Walmart employee an ANNUAL pay increase of $9.52. Congratulations, you helped no one.

cogzinofa
VeteranXV
Old
613 - 11-21-2016, 13:10
When your employer dropped your insurance did they give you a raise?

Because if they didn't they basically used aca as an excuse to give you a pay cut.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
614 - 11-21-2016, 13:14
Most of Trump's so-called policies on things are a joke, but his simple solution on health care actually makes a lot of sense. Remove employers from the picture and open up competition over state lines. It won't solve every problem, but it will sure help to keep premiums under control.

Good luck getting this through congress though.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
615 - 11-21-2016, 13:15
why does congress hate america?

JudgeU
VeteranXV
Old
616 - 11-21-2016, 13:18
Quote:

7.0% in 2000
8.6% in 2001
8.0% in 2002
8.0% in 2003
6.9% in 2004
6.0% in 2005
5.2% in 2006
5.2% in 2007
5.4% in 2008
3.3% in 2009
2.5% in 2010
I'm on a water district board where we offer the employees health insurance. Last year it rose 10%, this year we just budgeted a 13% increase (for the cheapest option).

That's a 23% increase in 2 years. Think about it.

The reason you're hearing so much about it now, is because the law was drafted to be paid for in stages like this to try to mask the backlash. The whole, 'easy a frog into boiling water' thing.

MadHatSam
VeteranX
Old
617 - 11-21-2016, 13:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
Most of Trump's so-called policies on things are a joke, but his simple solution on health care actually makes a lot of sense. Remove employers from the picture and open up competition over state lines. It won't solve every problem, but it will sure help to keep premiums under control.

Good luck getting this through congress though.
The big problem with interstate plans is either you lower the state mandates to whatever the cheapest out of state premium offered is, so you gut the level of coverage to lower costs.

Or you have out of state providers build new networks that meet current state mandated coverage which would likely not result in significant premium relief.

The interstate insurance networks aren't the panacea they are often promised as.

T-Dawg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
618 - 11-21-2016, 14:48
Pre existing conditions are the whole reason premiums are skyrocketing. All you need is one leukemia patient ($3,000,000) to upend the whole pool. That sick person can join and their premium is a fraction of what they know their healthcare will cost.

Now imagine thousands or a million very sick people join your insurance marketplace.

Trump can't repeal that turd fast enough.

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
619 - 11-21-2016, 15:41
single payer system to negotiate lower costs

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
620 - 11-21-2016, 15:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
If you don't vote for the woman, you're a sexist, you French pigs!
you know thatd be an excellent strategy in future elections. get a female+nonwhite+gay+etc to run against the dems. theyll have 0 amunitition against that and itd win every time... its not like the actual person who wins matters anyway, since theyre just a puppet, so long as the dems dont win and the puppetmasters are good folks.

fk man i should be a campaign strategist or something

Last edited by HaPpY; 11-21-2016 at 15:55..
Page 31 of 8750

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
#trump2018 , 'tism tantrum , ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) , absentthecuck , ban dare , but her emails , cael cuck crying cockgobbler , cael cuckersaurus rex , cael the triggered , captain taxleach , ching chong cael melting , coombz=actual shit 4 brains , crypto-nazi thread , cuck bannon , dutch embarrassment , eric skogland remax , havax getting tagged to hr , havax= actual shit for brains , i'm jimmy pop , it was a grift all along , jeffrey kaminskas , kale is for cucks , kiint = michael , kiint_the_fat_cunt , maga , patriots >* , seriously ban dare , shit flinging trumpet monkeys , shitlibs , simina mihaela bonner , sperg thread , trump going to prison , trump justice warriors , vanster chokes women , vanster is still an idiot