Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Release Thread] Overwatch
Page 15 of 223
JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
281 - 05-26-2016, 13:51
A guy from work invited me to play last night, joined his team and we had a full 6.

And they were all terrible.

Sponsored Links
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
282 - 05-26-2016, 13:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
For those that play/or are interested in Mercy, this vid has some good advice. No secret MLG pro strats or anything, just solid information.
was zarya on gibralter defence last night. our mercy was healing his friend on hanzo exclusively and not me despite my trying to cause havoc on the payload vs their two tanks. we barely won that one.

on attack i immediately took mercy in hopes of actually healing the team. his buddy says in chat "hey pagy if you want to play something else my friend only plays mercy"

i dont even. suggested he try quake 2 and he dropped. luckily

Commando321
VeteranXV
Old
283 - 05-26-2016, 14:49
Neowart#1888

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
284 - 05-26-2016, 15:02
It's crazy to me that anyone would play this game and only play one character. I understand sticking to a single class or type of character, but only having like one character you want to play just seems completely silly.

ferret
VeteranXX
Old
285 - 05-26-2016, 15:06
I could see someone playing McCree, Widowmaker, or Hanzo exclusively because getting the small details and timing of those characters really helps, but a healer....

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
286 - 05-26-2016, 15:07
Like, have a preference, but if you are really going to be like, "hey that's my character" you are just the worst.

booty
VeteranXV
Old
287 - 05-26-2016, 15:23
When I play tracer I also feel like I got ****ed by 3 dudes. I am awful with her and always seem to be out of ammo.

ferret
VeteranXX
Old
288 - 05-26-2016, 15:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodoFett View Post
Like, have a preference, but if you are really going to be like, "hey that's my character" you are just the worst.
Not going to argue with that, more often that not I feel like the one that budges for the teams sake.

Tic
VeteranXX
Old
289 - 05-26-2016, 15:27
The pros always have their main that they will play with, but the best are flexible.

Lately I have been playing a lot of Symmetra, monkey, and of course tracer.

cerebral
VeteranX
Old
290 - 05-26-2016, 15:27
Yeah I like playing Lucio over all other characters when I'm in a group, but that's only because you can contribute a lot to your team with him, even if you play like you're rolling your face across the keyboard. I can't imagine actually insisting that, "Hey that's my character!" That takes a special kind of sperg in a game like this.

Scud411
VeteranXV
Old
291 - 05-26-2016, 15:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by booty View Post
When I play tracer I also feel like I got ****ed by 3 dudes. I am awful with her and always seem to be out of ammo.
yeah you need to be p much hugging them to really drop someone.

if you're at any kind of range only headshots do meaningful damage and you need to reload like 5 times to kill 200hp guys.

she's cool though

Tic
VeteranXX
Old
292 - 05-26-2016, 16:19
I play tracer to simply flank the enemy and piss them off - I dont go into it necessarily with the mindset that I want to kill them, but rather take their attention to allow my team to either kill them easier or take them away from the point (and usually at some point die doing so!)

Also been playing some Zarya lately, shes nasty.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
293 - 05-26-2016, 16:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
I could see someone playing McCree, Widowmaker, or Hanzo exclusively because getting the small details and timing of those characters really helps, but a healer....
support only players are the fat girlfriends of whoever theyre supporting all game.

undeniable truthiness

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
294 - 05-26-2016, 16:34
from watchin streamers imo #1 op is genji and #2 is hanzo

they avg 50 elim a game

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
295 - 05-26-2016, 16:35
wut hanzo feels so weak... widowmaker feels much stronger if comparing similar roles... but im a total noob so

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
296 - 05-26-2016, 16:39
they're about equal dps

against the same target widowmaker can fire one powered shot and one unpowered shot to kill for a faster rate of fire

against dif targets hanzo is better cause he doesn't have to charge his shot. he has better mobility (no cd running up walls), his E can one shot or finish off targets getting away or closing in. he also has a mini-version of widowmaker ult on standard cooldown, and his ult is one of the highest dps in the game

here is a hanzo clip

Last edited by 1teaminlondon; 05-26-2016 at 16:41..
coombz
VeteranXX
Old
297 - 05-26-2016, 16:44
in most situations I think I'd rather have a good wm on my team than good hanzo BUT there are some maps with choke points that make arrow spam real ez and his ult can clear a path when u really need it sometimes

HypnosisFX
VeteranXX
Old
298 - 05-26-2016, 16:50
How is it so far? compared to TF2 in gameplay,fun value and learning curve.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
299 - 05-26-2016, 17:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnosisFX View Post
How is it so far? compared to TF2 in gameplay,fun value and learning curve.
i played TFC, not TF2, so can't make a direct comparison...but

gameplay: casual dumbed down shooter mechanics and press 'Q' to win ultimates, interesting/fun classes with good synergy and good maps to play on, lots of potential for effective teamwork + tactics

fun value: if you can play with some people who are willing to communicate a bit and try the effective teamwork + tactics thing, it can be a lot of fun :]

learning curve: ez

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
300 - 05-26-2016, 17:03
is melee attack worth using? i think i need to rebind if it is... v is a dumb keyboard for it

Page 15 of 223

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Release Thread] Overwatch

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
genji is illuminanti , madrebel is stupid , madrebel likes to ramble , taggitfaggit , the genji is coming , they took my son!