Groove! I need ur HUD skills

omg looking siiiick! :D

yea hud size really good

ok so I just make 256x256 huds and send you?

I like this font btw :D

yea me too, i'll send the font along with it (needs to be installed, its not a standard windows font)

and yeah just need some nice flags (friendlyhome, friendlytaken, enemyhome, enemytaken) and itemhud icons (mine are like 30x30 and look like ass stretched big)

Will these huds be available in all sizes? I am using bigger screen resolution, but I still like the extra huds to be small, more room for visibility, etc.

It is looking nice though!!

Thanks guys! These are vhudmover vhuds so they can be drag/drop resized (the youtube i posted above shows that off)

but they also have a 'default' setting, the default is all i really care about, from there people can resize as they choose :)

and they're set by screen size % rather than pixel locations so they should be the same size/location @ any resolution

other than the chathud which is too much work to convert to true vhud so its fixed size. the chathud is a pain in my ass, line heights and lengths need to be set manually to account for font/size, etc - and it gets used so often the overhead for calculating that stuff automatically for each line would impact FPS

yea me too, i'll send the font along with it (needs to be installed, its not a standard windows font)

and yeah just need some nice flags (friendlyhome, friendlytaken, enemyhome, enemytaken) and itemhud icons (mine are like 30x30 and look like ass stretched big)

Thanks guys! These are vhudmover vhuds so they can be drag/drop resized (the youtube i posted above shows that off)

but they also have a 'default' setting, the default is all i really care about, from there people can resize as they choose :)

and they're set by screen size % rather than pixel locations so they should be the same size/location @ any resolution

other than the chathud which is too much work to convert to true vhud so its fixed size. the chathud is a pain in my ass, line heights and lengths need to be set manually to account for font/size, etc - and it gets used so often the overhead for calculating that stuff automatically for each line would impact FPS

Cool! I'll have to get the vhudmover, where can I get it! Can I please get a link? or is it already in the default 1.40/1.41?

And btw, all this new stuff Groove and GoFFe are doing, just awesome! Thanks guys! Always love to get new shit for this game.

what happens if u dont have that font and refuse to install it, will tribe crash or will it just use default font instead?

itll most likely default to verdana since i load verdana to say scriptGL is loaded in mainmenugui.acs

it'll use the last good font so might even do funky stuff like change fonts if you pull up stathud or my sliders or add another script with a working font definition, etc

Cool! I'll have to get the vhudmover, where can I get it! Can I please get a link? or is it already in the default 1.40/1.41?

And btw, all this new stuff Groove and GoFFe are doing, just awesome! Thanks guys! Always love to get new shit for this game.

yar you'll need a few support scripts for vhudmover - i'm gonna do a whole tribes folder and bins can add all his skins/tweaks etc

you can download the vhudmover support files & example scripts from this old thread

[Release]vHudmover for 1.40 (beta) by Groove - TribalWar Forums

in there you'll have config/modules/scriptGL - the scripts in there are the vhud examples, the support files necessary to run vhuds are in the /hudmover subfolder folder

all i'm really doing is tweaking the layout and fonts of those example vhuds and adding a crosshair ammo one

sgl_dropshadow3.png

nice man. gfg

id change the flags tho

:king: gruv

i liked those flags like 5 years ago at 20x20 resolution

in 2015 at 128x or whatever they're scaled to ... yeah :lol:

bins already sent me new fancy ones i've just been lazy/busy

sgl_dropshadow4.png

Last edited:
i just thought of a pimp idea

if i make it an .exe installer i can probably install the AgencyFB font needed + the win8 pluginfix

chyeah

one of my old disc skins i used for many years looked like that. i'm sure you guys remember the best of the best 2 skins. old school.

Back