Pancreas Friendly Foods etc.... by Mr Jimmy Pop - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page Pancreas Friendly Foods etc....
Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1 - 10-10-2015, 10:13 AM
Hello My TDub fitness conscious brothers (and Sisters),

Background:
I am a pretty stubborn guy when it comes to health and fitness, I am 52 now 225lbs and haven't been to a doctor since May of 2012 at my final military exit medical exam. I have never had any health issues for the most part with the exception of MRSA somewhere around 2008ish and Strep that I ignored which led to a temporary bell's palsey. Somewhere around 2010 they diagnosed me with HBP and put me on Lisinopril, however I stopped taking it when I retired from Military (I know very stupid). upon my exit, my blood sugars were acceptable but at high end of acceptable. I haven't gain a pound since leaving Military, in fact I have been the same basic weight for a longtime, I was 200lbs when I graduated High School in 1983 (played a lot of Hockey since young, was in good shape), had to lose 15 lbs to get in USAF, got in and was in the 190's during that 4 years and gradually gained weight since. Highest I ever weighed was about 235lbs in 2003 for about a year or so.

Symptoms:
About a year ago my feet started to become hyper sensitive, like the sense of feel in them have gotten very enhanced. No swelling or inflammation, just I can feel things when I graze something like even the edge of a piece of paper. Reminds me when I used to Lay Brick towards the fall, the damp brick would sand layers of skin off your fingertips then your fingers would get very very sensitive until they started to callous.

This week I ate a Halloween Whopper, My **** turned green and at the same time I got a pain in my lower upper left abdomen, in that notch under the lowest large rib and to the right of the short rib, over the next two days it got worse and also radiated to the back in same basic location. Apparently the Halloween Whopper caused the green ****, which went back too normal 2 days later, but the pain stayed. yesterday morning it was better, but by last night it was impossible to sleep it got so bad. took 4 ibuprofen, eventually went to sleep about 2amish, woke up at 7 and I feel fine. I google the symptom, and it suggests acute Pancreatitis, so all I have eaten this morning is oatmeal and dry special K with strawberries. Gonna avoid fat all day to see if pain stays away.

So what foods are pancreas friendly? and what other suggestions do you have for me:
I did google, but pretty vague list, looking for specific fan favorites, will not be drinking any beer, that's for sure.

Exercise: probably won't happen, I get plenty at work and know even if I started a routine, it would last a week or two at best. If I do anything, it will be walking the dog daily a couple miles up and down the beach, which I wanted to start doing again anyway.

Sponsored Links
Captain Tele
Veteran
Immigrant
Old
2 - 10-10-2015, 05:04 PM
glad to see you are hanging in there.

my gf had to have hers removed after a lot of pain, etc, like what you described

apparently her biggest issues came after eating fried foods or anything excessively oily.

i can't say what to eat....but can suggest staying away from pretty much anything you will get at any fast food place.

i wish u luck bro....****ty stuff

Denver
VeteranX
Old
3 - 10-11-2015, 04:28 AM
go to a doctor, check your inflammation values (you might be out of the roof already, and then you'll need intensive care).

in the meanwhile I'd be on a liquid diet. mean green juice and smoothies

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
4 - 10-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Well Pain was much better yesterday, I had oatmeal in morning, nibbled on some Special K with strawberries drank oj and water, had a couple Greek yogurts for lunch and was pain free. Then had pho chicken soup for dinner and within half an hour pain returned but not as bad as yesterday more to the back this time. Was sore till about 2am again. Yeah so something is going on I guess, will schedule doctors appointment Tuesday. Meanwhile gonna eat as little fatty foods as possible see how today goes. Physically doesn't bother me at all when doing stuff, more active I am the less I notice it.

BeLiaL
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 10-16-2015, 06:35 PM
sounds like either gas or an ulcer

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
6 - 10-16-2015, 07:01 PM
might be or BK poisoned me, its much better now. still thinking about eating better though, working 6 days a week driving 800 miles a week eating crap in between probably catching up to me.

mjoe
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 11-04-2015, 11:00 PM
as a general rule don't eat anything that has sugar in it

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page Pancreas Friendly Foods etc....

Social Website Bullshit