California is eager to restrict water and gas usage... by absent - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page California is eager to restrict water and gas usage...
Page 5 of 6
Thread Tools
bam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
81 - 09-15-2015, 07:44 PM
Reply With Quote
I met Mike Roos and had lunch with him about six months ago. That was interesting...
 
bam is offline
 
Sponsored Links
-SS-
Veteran++
Old
82 - 09-16-2015, 06:10 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post
Wow, even more people reveal they know nothing about California.
Very eloquent reply -well thought out, concise, and as cutting edge to a burn as you can get.

Definitely not a property owner.
 
-SS- is offline
 
vawlk
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
83 - 09-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Yep, hell of a trip. I miss it already. But there's next year with more coasters.

Dollywood is opening the next big coaster in 2016, called Lightning Rod. It's going to be the best ride of the year. I'll be going there in April if it's running. Here's the concept pov.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Av8a8G8in4
The new breed of wood coasters are phenomenal. Went on Outlaw Run in Branson and it was fantastic. That thing has elements unlike I've ever experienced on coasters. Can't wait to try Goliath.
 
vawlk is offline
 
NoGodForMe
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
84 - 09-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by vawlk View Post
The new breed of wood coasters are phenomenal. Went on Outlaw Run in Branson and it was fantastic. That thing has elements unlike I've ever experienced on coasters. Can't wait to try Goliath.
Agree. Goliath is a little bit short, but a great ride. You'll have to go a couple times, they do have a single rider line.

Looks like Northern California is getting some rain. Maybe they'll be saved. Florida also getting a ton of rain the last few days.
 
NoGodForMe is offline
 
HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
85 - 09-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Reply With Quote
yeah nothing ends a drought faster than a few hours of intermittent showers
 
HelenKeller is offline
 
Captain Tele
Veteran
Immigrant
Old
86 - 09-16-2015, 07:12 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller View Post
yeah nothing ends a drought faster than a few hours of intermittent showers
i just checked the whiskeytown glory hole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aKYQ4RtwG8

and wow is it glorious right now....lol

but seriously...that thing terrifies the hell out of me
 
Captain Tele is online now
 
cogzinofa
VeteranX
Old
87 - 09-16-2015, 08:22 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
Very eloquent reply -well thought out, concise, and as cutting edge to a burn as you can get.

Definitely not a property owner.

that comment wasn't directed at you. you seem very defensive.

but the problems with prop 13 are that it freezes property taxes in such a way that it not only creates an imbalance in what people are paying vs. the value of their homes and it makes it easy for corporations to keep property taxes low through how they structure real estate transactions. Prior to prop 13 the majority of property taxes were paid by commercial entities. now it's reversed and the majority of the revenue comes from private citizens.

the predictability of property taxes for private citizens is a good thing, but I can see how it could use some adjustment. I'm paying a lot less than some of my neighbors who bought after me because I managed to buy at the bottom of the market. we have the same house built the same year but I got mine for a couple hundred thousand less by sheer luck. that comes out to a couple thousand a year in property taxes. I like my lower rate and I'd be crazy to give up my locked in rate, but there is a bit of an equality issues. my elderly neighbors who bought in the 70s have an even lower rate. they need it because they've been retired for longer than I've been working, but there are issues with that as well. for example, they can pass that rate along to their kids...which is kinda ridiculous, but I know more than a few people who live around me that moved into their parents' house just for that reason; they're getting a house that has a FMV of over $1 million but their property tax rate is locked in at the 1975 FMV of $30k. you'd have to be retarded to pass that up.

private citizens aside, the law needs to be changed so the commercial real estate rate can float a bit with the land value. due to the way that tax reassessments are triggered corporations can exploit the **** out of it by splitting up the sale across multiple corporate entities. it also doesn't hurt that corps don't die or have to move.

and finally the changes to the law that makes it easy to repeal a tax but hard to instate a new tax is a problem. that inevitably triggers downward revenue. I know some people want to starve the state and blah blah blah, but that kind of crap is retarded beyond all comprehension so it must be dismissed and not seriously addressed because it's simply not a serious conversation.

but tbh I don't know why I'm responding to you. you are now, and have always been, a .

Edit: it's also why a lot of schools in the state suck.
 
cogzinofa is offline
 
Last edited by cogzinofa; 09-16-2015 at 08:41 PM.
samUwell
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
88 - 09-16-2015, 08:36 PM
Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m4hryJ4Nag
 
samUwell is offline
 
HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
89 - 09-16-2015, 08:44 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tele View Post
but seriously...that thing terrifies the hell out of me
this is a pretty reasonable reaction to any glory hole tbh
 
HelenKeller is offline
 
StapleMammal1
Veteran
Contributor
Old
90 - 09-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Reply With Quote
There's a fat jew swallowing cum at the other end?
 
StapleMammal1 is offline
 
SeVeReD
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
91 - 09-16-2015, 08:53 PM
Reply With Quote
Pump the ocean into the deserts.
 
SeVeReD is offline
 
StapleMammal1
Veteran
Contributor
Old
92 - 09-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Reply With Quote
All in due time.
 
StapleMammal1 is offline
 
bam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
93 - 09-16-2015, 10:35 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post
that comment wasn't directed at you. you seem very defensive.

but the problems with prop 13 are that it freezes property taxes in such a way that it not only creates an imbalance in what people are paying vs. the value of their homes and it makes it easy for corporations to keep property taxes low through how they structure real estate transactions. Prior to prop 13 the majority of property taxes were paid by commercial entities. now it's reversed and the majority of the revenue comes from private citizens.

the predictability of property taxes for private citizens is a good thing, but I can see how it could use some adjustment. I'm paying a lot less than some of my neighbors who bought after me because I managed to buy at the bottom of the market. we have the same house built the same year but I got mine for a couple hundred thousand less by sheer luck. that comes out to a couple thousand a year in property taxes. I like my lower rate and I'd be crazy to give up my locked in rate, but there is a bit of an equality issues. my elderly neighbors who bought in the 70s have an even lower rate. they need it because they've been retired for longer than I've been working, but there are issues with that as well. for example, they can pass that rate along to their kids...which is kinda ridiculous, but I know more than a few people who live around me that moved into their parents' house just for that reason; they're getting a house that has a FMV of over $1 million but their property tax rate is locked in at the 1975 FMV of $30k. you'd have to be retarded to pass that up.

private citizens aside, the law needs to be changed so the commercial real estate rate can float a bit with the land value. due to the way that tax reassessments are triggered corporations can exploit the **** out of it by splitting up the sale across multiple corporate entities. it also doesn't hurt that corps don't die or have to move.

and finally the changes to the law that makes it easy to repeal a tax but hard to instate a new tax is a problem. that inevitably triggers downward revenue. I know some people want to starve the state and blah blah blah, but that kind of crap is retarded beyond all comprehension so it must be dismissed and not seriously addressed because it's simply not a serious conversation.

but tbh I don't know why I'm responding to you. you are now, and have always been, a .

Edit: it's also why a lot of schools in the state suck.
I think you need to read up on how the Mello Roos tax got passed in the first place and what stipulations is presented.
 
bam is offline
 
cogzinofa
VeteranX
Old
94 - 09-16-2015, 11:08 PM
Reply With Quote
IIRC in most cases the issuing of new bonds must be voted on by the people. mello roos is a tax assessed to pay back bonds.
 
cogzinofa is offline
 
Captain Tele
Veteran
Immigrant
Old
95 - 09-16-2015, 11:41 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post
it makes it easy for corporations to keep property taxes low through how they structure real estate transactions.
oh noooesss....one in a trillion things that might keep a corporation in California

EDITORIAL: Businesses flee California's high taxes and regulations - Washington Times

California is bad for business - latimes

better kill that too. leave no stone unturned from regressive **** and pillage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post
equality issues.
oh noees...equality issues. not equality issues!! why not give some of this money you are so sad that you are not paying to your neighbors voluntarily then? or are you one of the loving liberals that only helps others around you through coercion and mandates? or you know sell you **** and move somewhere more expensive in a now overpriced housing market. problem fixed.

****, just go get a permit for some type of home addition.....they will be more than happy to help you reassess your homes "current" value if you are really so heart broken that you don't have to pay more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post
it also doesn't hurt that corps don't die or have to move.
like to another state.....like Nevada. Or country where they don't have to put up with such insane regulatory compliance 24/7/365. what you cockroaches need to learn is something is better than nothing....especially when nothing is your next likely option for tax collection.

Tax Dodge: Apple, Pfizer Among Top Companies That Added Nearly $90B To Their Offshore Cash Hoards Through Tax Inversion In 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post
and finally the changes to the law that makes it easy to repeal a tax but hard to instate a new tax is a problem.
yeah, because i can think of every tax that has been repealed on less that one hand. ****, on less than one finger....can you name one? I seriously doubt you can. Whereas I can name a dozen illegal taxes that they have shoveled through as fees completely circumventing Prop 13 altogether.

alifornia cities fret over tiered water rates after court decision

The Road to Repealing California's Illegal Fire Tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post
that inevitably triggers downward revenue.


no it hasn't....you are fabricating reality again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post
I know some people want to starve the state and blah blah blah, but that kind of crap is retarded beyond all comprehension so it must be dismissed and not seriously addressed because it's simply not a serious conversation.
starve the state? you mean stop it from binging us into the abyss.



the only kind of crap retarded beyond any and all comprehension here is your ability to process numbers.



Sources of State Taxes: State Controller's Office


Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post
but tbh I don't know why I'm responding to you. you are now, and have always been, a .

Edit: it's also why a lot of schools in the state suck.
speaking of schooling....which is why i am happy to respond to you and you can continue to pretend I am on ignore as I mop the ****ing floor with you. which is a smart decision given how insanely idiotic you obviously are. i think it is best to ignore too.....

 
Captain Tele is online now
 
Last edited by Captain Tele; 09-16-2015 at 11:55 PM.
Goshin
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
96 - 09-16-2015, 11:50 PM
Reply With Quote
I love taking advantage of California poliTics but hate paying for their actual outcomes *


*everyone in California

In I hope bam and his beautiful dogs and barrenv wife are murdered
 
Goshin is offline
 
Captain Tele
Veteran
Immigrant
Old
97 - 09-16-2015, 11:57 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam View Post
I think you need to read up on how the Mello Roos tax got passed in the first place and what stipulations is presented.
cogz needs to read up on a lot of things...preferably something, anything, that isn't in the science fiction section.

he should also have plenty of time soon

HP will lay off up to 30,000 employees as part of its spin-off plans | Windows Central
 
Captain Tele is online now
 
exceleration
VeteranX
Old
98 - 09-17-2015, 12:03 AM
Reply With Quote
I didn't read this thread. I'm on the East coast... but

Nestle Continues Stealing World's Water During Drought

The NestlÚ Water Bottling Plant in Sacramento is the target of a major press conference on Tuesday, March 17, by a water coalition that claims the company is draining up to 80 million gallons of water a year from Sacramento aquifers during the drought.

***8220;NestlÚ pays only 65 cents for each 470 gallons it pumps out of the ground ***8211; the same rate as an average residential water user. But the company can turn the area***8217;s water around, and sell it back to Sacramento at mammoth profits,***8221; the coalition said.

wtf
 
exceleration is offline
 
Skeletor666
Merried Man4
Old
99 - 09-17-2015, 01:13 AM
Reply With Quote
Yeah Cali is ****ed used to be a nice place.
 
Skeletor666 is offline
 
Vanster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
100 - 09-17-2015, 07:43 AM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Maybe they'll be saved. Florida also getting a ton of rain the last few days.
That's about 269 gallons.
 
Vanster is offline
 
Page 5 of 6
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page California is eager to restrict water and gas usage...

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
absent thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.