Good guy Shawn

I found this shot of inside the Broadside base and a few other things on a CD:
2vboe9t.jpg

Experimental hall? Looks kind of like Scarabre...
img

I mostly built bases, debugged interior collision with the range finder for weeks on end and general artmonkey stuff.

Last edited:
So much effort to create all of this material that builds up the lore of Tribes and has little impact on direct gameplay... but is still immediately recognizable to a Tribes player 16 years later. Like reading the manual as if 1998 was yesterday.

CapnPyro was asking about stories from the old days. Heh, I have quite a few but should really not share most of them:) However, one I do like to tell: At one point I was describing the various genres of science fiction to a really nice guy who was, I think, the de facto director or designer at the time. I had worked up a sort of John Carter of Mars piece and was explaining who Edgar Rice Burrows was.

"Wow, that sounds really cool. Do you think we could get him to write for us?"

Me: "Well, I suspect he would be out of our price range. Aaaand, he's been dead for 50 years."

pretty much everything Blake Hutchins wrote and more Index of /damaster/Books

btw can u pls share ur hpb config w/ me :) with all settings intact :heart:

Nice, I probably have some of those files somewhere, as well as the hardcopy Starsiege books that used a lot of the art Shawn has shared here. I can get in touch with Blake, too, see if he's interested in taking a stroll down memory lane here.

Thanks for putting this up, too, brings back some good times - and enough to make an old timer like me post something :)

Nice, I probably have some of those files somewhere, as well as the hardcopy Starsiege books that used a lot of the art Shawn has shared here. I can get in touch with Blake, too, see if he's interested in taking a stroll down memory lane here.

Thanks for putting this up, too, brings back some good times - and enough to make an old timer like me post something :)

Can you please post the names of the books you have?
Also if you could bring Blake here that would be amazing!

You're welcome. Im glad you decided to post, the more the merrier! :)

I have the hardcopy Starsiege Compendium, and the Pilot's guide that came with Starsiege. I'll take a look at what I have digitally when I get a chance. I know I have a few of the files from the old Tribesroleplayers/StarsiegeUniverse sites. I still have contacts for ConfigSys.boy (who used to run the sites) so I'll shoot him a message to see what other of the lore stuff he might still have.

I did pass along the link to this thread to Blake, and he said he might take a look. Once he finds his hazmat suit ;)

tominator how r u?

worldcraft is great t00l i use it many time

wat bases are ur favorite? did u make the broadside/blastside base? who made the dx base, that guy is a legend

also dox was really really good in worldcraft, he also made very good tutorial

namaste

wat did u make the stuff u used in oc3 with dp? worldcraft? those textures and bases are really really nice

i wuld have liked to make a good amazing real oc3 map pack with those textures and base designs with really good fun playing maps

mebe one day

yes some dood ripped the tribe venganece textures and i complied them in 2 .wad 4mat which is required in worldcraft (maybe some1 else did i cant remember)

i knew how 2 get around in worldcraft cus when i was 13-14 i made shitmaps 4 coutnerstrike and that is what u had 2 use

i also made canyon crusade in tribe vegence (i knew the bare minimum on how 2 use UnrealEditor)... i wish i still had the files or wat not for that map, cus i made it using the exact same heightmap as t1, but made the terrain lush instead of desert, also nighttime and raining, it was pretty c00l im sure it is floating around on the internet somewhere, this was back in 04-05 when it released, actually probably a few months before cus if i remember right, t:v alpha was leaked a month or two before release, it wasnt the full game, but it came w the unreal editor files so you could make maps and fly around in them

ya do not worry i played t:veangance for all of 2 weeks before i said o dam this is gay

i think that is wehn i started 2 played planetside for a year straight maybe

Back