Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Any Tool-Aholics Here?
Page 3 of 3
KingSobieski
VeteranXV
Old
41 - 07-10-2015, 10:15 PM
its good for cutting the bottom of door frames when youre putting flooring down.

Sponsored Links
Goshin
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 07-10-2015, 10:19 PM
So it's handy to plane doors?

just saw bottom of last page

seems nice but limited in use

cogzinofa
VeteranX
Old
43 - 07-10-2015, 10:24 PM
here is the product video. I needed it for some flush cutting in the kitchen to remove some counter top sections without ripping the whole counter top from the wall and cabinets. it was a pretty specific use case, but I don't know of any other tools that would have been able to do it.

edit: that's an old model. mine has a quick change lever so no messing with screws and **** to change the blade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nvcypVO2ek

Plasmatic
VeteranX
Old
44 - 07-10-2015, 10:46 PM
If you're looking to buy tools for use around the house, get a cordless drill. The rest go corded first.

If you have nothing, get a quality cordless drill from Dewalt or Milwaukee with a 1/2 inch chuck. Get a set with 2 batteries and a light. Chargers are smart enough you can leave one in the charger if you like. If you do any work on cars you will use the **** out of the light. I went with a lower voltage when I got mine, but batteries are much better now and weight isn't a consideration. Get a cheap corded drill if you can't afford a good name brand cordless. Make sure it has reverse.

Next get a corded circular saw. Get a quality name brand because you're going to use the **** out of this. You can cut almost anything, masonry, brick, metal and of course wood. I've cut whole cars in half with a metal blade in a circular saw...Get a pack of different blades for wood.

Reciprocating saws are nice, and will cut anything, just don't plan on making a nice cut. I use cheapo corded harbor freight models that cost 20$. The last one lasted 3 years.

Here's a nice write up on cordless tools. Remember, you probably don't need a cordless circular saw of anything else unless you just want it.
Which is the Best Cordless Power Tool Brand?

burtrennalds
VeteranXV
Old
45 - 12-17-2015, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post
I got one of these for xmas and I'm still looking for things to use it on. I borrowed one to complete some plunge cutting and flush cutting tasks in the kitchen and immediately decided it was something I couldn't live without. now I've had one for 7 months and I haven't used it.

we would use these when fixing a certain type of teak furniture that needed to have the seats re-set at a different height. We would use it to shave the wooden hole plugs somewhat flush then palm sand.
it comes in handy every now and then

DMAUL
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
46 - 12-17-2015, 07:35 AM
I picked up a 1972 Speedaire 30 gallon 2 hp air compressor last weekend

I don't think the air filter on it has ever been replaced. Runs like a champ.

Page 3 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Any Tool-Aholics Here?

Social Website Bullshit