NR's

Milk-Man

Veteran XX
Lets talk NR's. Yea clientside exps off etc., even so I still see the occasional NR. Anyway...

Some say NR's are misses. I can't agree. This doesn't explain why two people can ram into each other and one person MA's the other point blank while one takes damage and the other doesn't. Or those occasions when you shoot the ground and it does no damage to you and doesn't DJ u.

So "NR's are misses crowd", please explain. I am curious as to how the NR's are misses concept came about. Seems to me NR's are NR's. What am I missing?

maybe you are missing the fact that tribes engine hasnt been touched for 20 years and that are many flaws in the physics

who gives a fukin fuk d00

Nothing like a do or die shot in a TD game that NR's and you die. It's the virtual worlds version of a gun jam in live combat. I'm genuinely curious.

ever since i changed that clientsideexplosion $pre false or wateer the fuck it is i have never seen a bad nr in like years

I haven't seen a nr ever since changing the pref. Nor have I had a dj fail me like ever

With client explosions a NR is when your projectile hits the target on your screen but the server due to latency had the correct position of the target and your individual client info was off. Think of it as a fake target. It's not there anymore.. it moved a foot to the right.

You've never had any of my scenarios happen to u? I still have it happen about 2x per week. It's no longer a problem like it used to be, but it still occurs.

i have all kinds of shit happen but it's 20 year old game :shrug:

can someone explain to me how to nade jump and what i'm doing wrong with becon jumping/stopping

I can make u a quick beacon jump vid if u want

I'd do a nade jump for u, but I'm not really the guy u want for that since I rarely use it. Very few situation call for it. Focus on playing smart. Forcing flags to return if ur killed in the field, camping unseen for e grabs (please don't egrab if u can see a teammate on radar flying in for grab), clearing flag for teammates if ur route fails, etc...

rupert is a nade dj god, ive seen this guy improv whole route backwards use nade dj's to zig zag home like fuck i should just snap uninst save myself trouble staring up at ceilin u kno

Back