[RELEASE!] Moove Tribes

Milk-Man

Veteran XX
Edit: Updated 6/4/2017 with alternative grid textures. Pics below

Alright Gentlemen here it is. I'm calling it Moove (Milk-Groove) Tribes because Groove did literally ALL the script work involved. I'm not saying he wrote all this from scratch but he definitely spent a good deal of time and effort and had to deal with lot's of back and forth with me, so a HUGE THANK YOU goes to him. Thanks bud!

Press the * on your keypads, No really, do it. There's a bunch of neat HUD style options/variations in there as well as a lot of other fun stuff to tinker with. If you change the style color to something you like in game, be sure to click the save option otherwise it will reset to the default color/opacity upon restart.

If you don't like the purple stuff, just go to the base/entities folder and remove it.

Here's a few SS's

sshot0001.jpg

sshot0002.jpg

sshot0003.jpg

sshot0005.jpg

sshot0004.jpg

sshot0009.jpg

sshot0008.jpg

sshot0071.jpg

sshot0006.jpg

HUDS.png

And here's your download link:

MOOVE TRIBES

Enjoy :cheers:

Edit: If you do not like the grey global chat, here are some alternatives. Remove the all caps color name at the beginning and drop in base folder or overwrite the one in the font.zip (also in base folder)

sf_yellow_10b.pft.000.png

ORANGE%20YELLOWsf_yellow_10b.pft.000.png

GREEN_YELLOWsf_yellow_10b.pft.000.png

YELLOWsf_yellow_10b.pft.000.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Alternative Terrains

Download and replace the old with the new in Tribes\base folder

sshot0082.jpg

sshot0084.jpg

sshot0085.jpg

sshot0090.jpg

sshot0091.jpg

Last edited:
moove :lol:

groov approved

lots of little unreleased features i've kept private like my latest and greatest * menu with winamphud (only appears if winamp is open) and FPS graphs

chatInput plugin + script means that the chat input is always below the chatdisplay (unless u put it at the bottom of the screen and there's not enough room, then it'll put it above it instead)

super super tweaked for best possible FPS+prettyness

HUD is all linked to the chatdisplay so no worrying about moving one thing and having to align 12 other elements afterwards, it's all one bar that all moves together when you move the chatdisplay

i think this and spy's config are the definitive 2015 configs that demonstrate the pinnacle of tribes science/technology

we takin tribe 2 a hole notha level

windows 8/8.1? disable the charms bar/hot corners bullshit, update graphics drivers, try compatibility modes for older OS's etc

screen flickering in old games under 8/8.1 is a pretty common problem its not just tribes

u are right about all of these things, drivers updated, will figure it out

mostly i applaud ur use of "x" bind

edit-- weirdly enough it runs with much less flickering in windowed, freaks out full screen

running your Groove140 which is great and runs perfectly, going through both to see wtf is up

Last edited:
pretty sure its the charms/hot corners crap that'll fix it, it's probably getting confused at a game with an overlay and the mouse is still triggering that stuff

jesus h christ

a) what da fuk resolution

b) if a normal resolution is still fucked up turn off anti-aliasing in ur graphics settings it does funky stuff with tribe & certain drivers/cards/etc

but still that looks like 320x200 or something insane why are the buttons and cursor so huge

jesus h christ

a) what da fuk resolution

b) if a normal resolution is still fucked up turn off anti-aliasing in ur graphics settings it does funky stuff with tribe & certain drivers/cards/etc

but still that looks like 320x200 or something insane why are the buttons and cursor so huge

have no idea how it go this way but now i can't get it to not be this way. what config controls resolution? i saw windowed/not windowed but nothing about resolution.

Close tribes, go into clientprefs.cs in config folder and find this line

$pref::VideoFullScreenRes = "1920x1200";

Manually put in your native resolution save and close. Open tribes and see what u get

have no idea how it go this way but now i can't get it to not be this way. what config controls resolution? i saw windowed/not windowed but nothing about resolution.

/config/ClientPrefs.cs

these lines near the end control res/output stuff

$pref::VideoFullScreen = "FALSE"; (change to true for fullscreen duh)
$pref::VideoFullScreenDriver = "OpenGL"; (both drivers should be OpenGL)
$pref::VideoFullScreenRes = "1920x1080"; (change to your res)
$pref::VideoWindowedDriver = "OpenGL";

ok thanks found the line ... was set to 300x200 :rofl:

crossing fingers 2160x1440 is going to work.

haha

so that still failed miserably. i had to disable dpi scaling which makes everything impossibly small on my surface. is there a way to force it to my other 1920x1080 monitor?

Back