Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page 4 month programs?
amRam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1 - 08-27-2014, 02:28 PM
I've been sloppy all year... gotta get back into shape for January vacation but not sure what to do. I need a really structured approach.

I've done p90x twice and really liked it. Has anyone done Insanity? I thought about maybe doing X for the next 3 months and then jumping straight into the 2nd month of Insanity for December as a sort of final cut. Does that sound stupid? I dunno.

Another thing I thought about was maybe doing X but swapping the Yoga and Kempo workouts for 2 Insanity workouts or something.

Aye? Not sure if I should run a calorie deficit for the 3 months of p90x and how that will affect muscle gain/tone?

Sponsored Links
Reno
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
2 - 08-27-2014, 05:08 PM
A deficit for 3 months of P90X will definitely kill any gainz but lifting hard during the workouts will help.

I actually like the p90x yoga, kempo was stupid though and going for an hour run is a way better use of your time.

amRam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
3 - 08-27-2014, 05:26 PM
I enjoyed the Yoga workouts but its kinda long, and I'd probably get better results by swapping in an Insanity workout.

Thinking about it more, I probably won't even bother counting every last calorie, I'll just eat super clean. Doesn't have to be a massive deficit to see fat loss results, and I can always re-evaluate after a month or two.

BeLiaL
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 08-27-2014, 09:08 PM
why not just do a simple barbell program with a couple of accessories?

squat, bench/overhead press (rotate between each session... i.e., monday bench, wednesday press, friday bench, monday press, etc), deadlift/row (same thing as bench/press until deadlift is either interfering with he other lifts or over 275lbs), accessory (like chin-ups, curls, pull-ups, whatever)

do 3 sets of 5, 8, or 10 (all sets the same weight)

increase the weight every time you train for as long as you can... then drop 10% and repeat

want to lose weight and "tone up"? then cut back on calories slowly, while trying to keep adding weight

if you lose strength who gives a ****, right? you're worried about looks anyway ultimately

simple, effective, and doesn't take much time

amRam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 09-06-2014, 10:12 PM
^ that sounds good and all but I needed something structured and regimented... anyway Im on week 2 of p90x, feels good doing it again

However, I remember now that the chest workouts are lacking. Its all push-ups... and while it increases strength and tones up the chest, it doesn't really do much to grow it. Im thinking of doing some dumbbell presses and flys on my yoga days.

BeLiaL
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 09-06-2014, 11:21 PM
so structure it...

Kestrel
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 09-07-2014, 07:47 PM
yah just do what belial said. if u need structure just write it down or something, ****

u will be better off for it

amRam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
8 - 10-17-2014, 04:25 PM
7 weeks in and the 'lifting' workouts have become a complete waste of time.. I dunno how I did this for 3 whole months last time.

Anyways, someone just sent me 5/3/1 book by Jim Wendler, gonna do his thing for a month see how it feels. Good book, no bs right to the point. 4 main lifts on 4 days, plus whatever accessory work you wanna add to it.

Federere
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 10-23-2014, 06:11 PM
No aye
Think bigger and change your lifestyle. Longterm.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
10 - 10-24-2014, 05:24 PM
If I keep trying different gimmicks eventually I'll find the one that works right?

robot heart
Old
11 - 10-24-2014, 08:08 PM
do u guys really think hes ever going to amount to anything

why waste ur time

amRam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
12 - 10-25-2014, 01:17 PM
what the

P90x was good to get back into gear but its obviously a waste of time now... no regrets spending 6 weeks doing it, its time to move on.

fwiw the 5/3/1 thing isn't a "program" or a gimmick its just a book about lifting..

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page 4 month programs?

Social Website Bullshit