I stopped at a garage sale today.

my everyday carry is my old buck crosslock i got in '94. still opens smoothly, still sharp as a motherfucker.

$_57.JPG

I heard the Benchmarks do not operate very smoothly at first...a buddy has one, and found that if he loosened the screw, applied a little oil to the mechanism, and then tightened it back up, the operation was incredibly smooth, almost 'spring loaded' smooth.

I carry a buck knife that I was given by my dad, and a SOG multitool on my belt.

I don't know about new benchmade knives, as they make ones in different price categories, but mine was butter smooth from day one (over a decade ago)

It also easily has the best locking mechanism of any knife I've ever used.

i have a small swiss army knife and a larger one for that kind of stuff

except for the stabbing ppl thing, i'd have to really work someone over to get the effect of a real knife

yeah, i can't imagine what a tool like a knife could be used for besides stabbing people

never been in a situation where a knife might be handy

:rolleyes:

my dad carries a knife everywhere every day of his life, i dont get it

i got a house key i use to open boxes and a leatherman in my car for assorted bullshit

his best accomplishment was "we got pizza a few weeks ago and they didnt give us utensils and i had a knife"

Mine is used for boxes at work and beer bottles after work. Don't u guys open boxes and drink beer?

i know this is going to sound really crazy, but i use a bottle opener on beers which require one, and i can usually just open a box with my hands

but if i ever need a knife for something, it doesn't bother me to take 5-10 seconds to go grab one

maybe there will come that one day in my life that i needed to have one immediately accessible and i will suddenly get it

Back