FS: Gaming PCs

die hard i think u provide a great service

what video card would u say is a noticeable upgrade from gtx 560 non-ti for around $250 bux

hd 7950 or somethin ?

Last edited:
i bought msi twin frozr r9 280x ; - )

$285 after cash back on my credit card damn not too bad for real sick upgrade

u kick many butts!!

People don't use 90% of the features of most motherboards, it's hard to recommend something until i know what you need it for. Brand right now really doesn't matter that much since they are all pretty decent nowadays.

Just went down the same road Data.
I have 3 systems with IB boards, all different and all for different things.
Both kids systems have MSI boards
Daughter has an MSI z87M-G43 with an I7 4770
Son has an MSI B85-G41 with an I5 4570
I have an Asus Gryphon Z87 with an I7 4770

Each has their ups and downs. Don't need a ton of sata/usb/etc on my sons since he pretty much only has one drive and doesn't do much but play games.
Daughter is doing a lot of video/photo stuff and needed the ports for drives and usb connections for projects. And I use mine for everything else and it's nice to have the options.

Like DH said, just a matter of what you plan on doing with it.

Thanks Candy.

A little of everything. I'll be building it for Star Citizen, but will be doing everything from modeling in Max to surfing TW. Looking for a good board to match up with maybe an i7-4820k.

pretty much any x79 motherboard would be fine, just make sure it already have the latest BIOS so you don't have to update it to use the ivy bridge-E CPU.

die hard 1 more question

what kind of voltages do u push w/ i5 2500k & ur overclocks?

mine touches 1.4 during startup because of vdroop or llc or some such

may intermittently touch it at other points as well

sits at ~1.37 under load w/ prime95

temps very nice at 56-60C during stress testing

do u think i will run into any issue with this voltage?

That looks fine, for me it's usually around 1.35 to 1.36, a little higher isn't a problem as long as it's not running hot, which your isn't.

Just a fyi i have been really busy and havent updated the list for a while, its pretty out dated but if you are looking for a new system just contact me to work something out.

Hey man, just wanted to thank you again, PC is still running great, just got my ASUS G-sync monitor delivered today and it looks beautiful.

not really sure what to type for a comment for you but the process was very easy, shipping all the way to Seattle was very much appreciated and painless, and the computer was good to go from the very beginning. Windows 7 was a nice slim install that i did not have to tweak much at all, and the software that did come included was relevant to my interests

Communication and Payment process was all handled quite promptly, will buy next machine from die hard if he is still doing this again in 7 years when this machine finally might be outdated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Hard
Good to hear! The "leg" might have gotten loose somehow during shipping.

The system is clocked at 4.3Ghz right now, it does downclock when you are not needing all that power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [N]PRIME189
It came!

Only thing ive noticed is the the back base 'leg' of the case has one side not screwed in. I think i can find a screw to secure it back into place though, not a big deal at all!

Wife is so angry at size of tower haha, i love it.

Looks so clean inside.

Popped the cards in, connected SLI connector where you had the blue ESD tags and it was gravy. Thanks man. Ill let you know how it goes after a week to, but i am very happy. Just waiting on a G-Sync monitor to come availble for sale right now, this 6 year old samsung doesn't do the machine enough justice.

Can I ask what overclocking software you suggest for the processor? I am going to try to get it to boost to 4.5 during gaming etc..but let it idle at regular speeds.

(or maybe just 4.2 or 4.3 for gaming depending on what i find out about the chip i guess)

Thanks man.

Back